My cat keeps licking plastic bags!

Old October 17th 05, 08:24 PM
nora batty

Default My cat keeps licking plastic bags!

I have Maine Coon cats which love plastic bags. They don't just lick
the plastic but like to chew it as well. I never leave any lying around
in case they eat it. I have not known any other breed that does this. I
thought it might just be the breed. It is probably something the
manufacturers use to produce the plastic.

Old October 29th 05, 07:59 AM
John Doe

"Phil P." phil maxshouse.com wrote:

Cats like to lick/chew plastic bags

Mine don't. They do sometimes like to play with them.

because of the vegetable- Pam-type
coating used in the molds to prevent the plastic from sticking to
the molds.

Plastic bags are molded? Perhaps you mean rolled?

Gotta watch those plastic bags- Cats' carnassial teeth can cut the
plastic like scissors

Most grocery store type plastic bags use a ripstop material/plastic
which is difficult to cut, especially into pieces.

and they can swallow pieces that can pleat up the intestines
and/or cut through the intestine wall. Also, cats can get their
heads caught in the handles and choke to death.

And if the bag fills with helium, it can hang the cat against the
ceiling.

Phil

From: "Phil P." phil maxshouse.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: My cat keeps licking plastic bags!
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 20:41:44 -0400

Old October 29th 05, 08:07 AM
whitershadeofpale

John Doe wrote:

And if the bag fills with helium, it can hang the cat against the
ceiling.

shouldn't you be deworming your cat?

You need to sterilize the hash marks on the carpet, little eggs and
**** (lol) probably down in the rug
you may nebba get rid of them hanging out smoking pot

Old October 29th 05, 08:36 AM
John Doe

"whitershadeofpale" wrote:

John Doe wrote:

And if the bag fills with helium, it can hang the cat against the
ceiling.

shouldn't you be deworming your cat?

If I can get the thing off of the ceiling.
Old October 29th 05, 08:41 AM
whitershadeofpale

DAdriano wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts about my female cat doing this? She doesn't try to
eat it, but she loves to lick any sort of plastic bag (like grocery bags or
garbage bags). Is she lacking in some supplement that makes her want to do
this?

I see squarez using thier own cloth grocery bags.

You could always opt for paper if you get a choice.

Old October 29th 05, 10:39 AM
Phil P.

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Phil P." phil maxshouse.com wrote:

Cats like to lick/chew plastic bags

Mine don't. They do sometimes like to play with them.

because of the vegetable- Pam-type
coating used in the molds to prevent the plastic from sticking to
the molds.

Plastic bags are molded? Perhaps you mean rolled?

Your really are a moron.