scooting

Old October 29th 05, 03:54 AM
John Doe

Default scooting

Kitty, my 15 pound young male cat was in the litter box as usual.
This time, as he exited the closet where the litter box is kept, he
scooted his butt on the floor for about 2 feet, leaving a skidmark.
He scurried across the floor and did the same thing again. I was a
little surprised/alarmed by then. He did the same thing two or three
more times in rapid succession and it was like "WHAT ARE YOU
DOING?!" Yes, I know what he was doing.

Oh well, good thing I bought a carpet shampooer not long ago.

--
no, he doesn't need taking to the vet, he is in good health and I
keep an eye on their excretions (all types) checking for anything

Old October 29th 05, 06:23 AM
Phil P.

"John Doe" wrote in message
Kitty, my 15 pound young male cat was in the litter box as usual.
This time, as he exited the closet where the litter box is kept, he
scooted his butt on the floor for about 2 feet, leaving a skidmark.
He scurried across the floor and did the same thing again. I was a
little surprised/alarmed by then. He did the same thing two or three
more times in rapid succession and it was like "WHAT ARE YOU
DOING?!" Yes, I know what he was doing.

Oh well, good thing I bought a carpet shampooer not long ago.

no, he doesn't need taking to the vet,

Yes he does. Scooting is almost invariably a sign of worms or
impacted/infected anal sacs.

Old October 29th 05, 06:32 AM
John Doe

troll

From: "Phil P." phil maxshouse.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: scooting
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:23:50 -0400

news:Xns96FDD87FB6069follydom 207.115.17.102...

Old October 29th 05, 06:48 AM
Phil P.

"John Doe" wrote in message
troll

Moron. LOL!

Old October 29th 05, 07:02 AM
whitershadeofpale

eeeewww
your cat has worms John! ass worms (the worst kind)

Old October 29th 05, 08:22 AM
John Doe

"whitershadeofpale" wrote:

eeeewww
your cat has worms John! ass worms (the worst kind)

I guess some people have never had a clump of **** stuck to their butt.

Actually, he's pretty much clueless when it comes to personal hygiene.

I usually don't like to see my cat licking its rear end, but now it
seems okay.

Old October 29th 05, 08:37 AM
whitershadeofpale

John Doe wrote:

I usually don't like to see my cat licking its rear end, but now it
seems okay.

I JUST THOUGHT HIS ANTIC MIGHT SOUND FUNNY, ONLY GIVEN THE
FACT THAT IT'S NOT CHRONIC

well...

sounds more like what UB said, about the stalled glands.

If it was worms, they would not be itching pro say, after having taken
a nice Phil.

however, I could see glands itching after having taken a dump.

Now! You should butter up to Phil, and ask him about the glands.

Meanwhile, why not do your cat a favor and scratch his ass for him.
Come'on Doe be a real cat lover!

Old October 29th 05, 08:52 AM
John Doe

"Phil P." wrote:

Moron. LOL!

When did you stop trying to make other people laugh?
Old October 29th 05, 11:42 AM
Lumpy

"John Doe" wrote in message
troll

I think you mean "right." Take him to the vet if you care about him.

"Phil P." phil maxshouse.com wrote:

newssvr25.news.prodigy.net!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newsdst02.news.prodigy
..com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!news con06.news.prodigy.com!prod
igy.net!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganew s.com!local01.nntp.dca.gig
anews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: "Phil P." phil maxshouse.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:23:50 -0400
sv3-PhVJ2afGyemKGz6r1tbUEwi4535VxyLkruBTHze+bWdYWq4Mwh I/hYdpdkL3pXoQWUSi7ZRo
/ib2H9V!Y1T16zEGZKa29Xd1LjEGeY93A6KUd3Ws/RUxKJtuJUuMCKaV+VYA8lXnL5P78g==

complaint properly

Old October 29th 05, 09:29 PM
John Doe

A bleeding heart troll on the Internet.

From: "Lumpy" cattoy cattoy.net
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 06:42:53 -0400

news:Xns96FE59588B7Efollydom 207.115.17.102...