scooting

Old October 30th 05, 01:11 AM
Lumpy

Default scooting

"John Doe" jdoe usenet.love.invalid wrote in message
news:Xns96FDD87FB6069follydom 207.115.17.102...
Kitty, my 15 pound young male cat was in the litter box as usual.
This time, as he exited the closet where the litter box is kept, he
scooted his butt on the floor for about 2 feet, leaving a skidmark.
He scurried across the floor and did the same thing again. I was a
little surprised/alarmed by then. He did the same thing two or three
more times in rapid succession and it was like "WHAT ARE YOU
DOING?!" Yes, I know what he was doing.

Oh well, good thing I bought a carpet shampooer not long ago.

No, he doesn't need taking to the vet.

Phil wrote:

Yes he does. Scooting is almost invariably a sign of worms or
impacted/infected anal sacs.

John Doe" then replied:

troll

Then Lumpy said:

I think you mean "right." Take him to the vet if you care about him.

And then "John Doe" actually said

A bleeding heart troll on the Internet.

Quite right. My heart bleeds for your cat. Idiot.

Old October 30th 05, 01:58 AM
John Doe

"Lumpy" cattoy cattoy.net wrote:
"John Doe" jdoe usenet.love.invalid wrote in message

A bleeding heart troll on the Internet.

Quite right. My heart bleeds for your cat.

Of course it does, just like a bleeding heart liberal spending
someone else's money, you can't be charitable enough.

Idiot.

Inferiority complex.

From: "Lumpy" cattoy cattoy.net
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: scooting
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:11:31 -0400

Old October 30th 05, 03:32 AM
cybercat

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Lumpy" cattoy cattoy.net wrote:
"John Doe" jdoe usenet.love.invalid wrote in message

A bleeding heart troll on the Internet.

Quite right. My heart bleeds for your cat.

Of course it does, just like a bleeding heart liberal spending
someone else's money, you can't be charitable enough.

Idiot.

Inferiority complex.

What does any of this have to do with the fact that
your cat has impacted anal glands and needs to see a
vet?

Old October 30th 05, 03:39 AM
John Doe

"whitershadeofpale" wrote:

sounds more like what UB said, about the stalled glands.
If it was worms, they would not be itching pro say, after having
taken a nice Phil.
however, I could see glands itching after having taken a dump.

But in fact, I could see Phil left on the carpet. It wasn't itching,
it was a clump of **** stuck to his butt, and that's why it hasn't
happened since then or before then.

How incredibly silly/thoughtless for anyone to suggest taking your
cat to the vet because it had a clump of **** stuck to its butt.

Haven't you ever had a clump of **** stuck to your butt?

Old October 30th 05, 03:41 AM
John Doe

troll

From: "cybercat" boagrrl hotmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:32:09 -0400

news:Xns96FED562EC9F1follydom 207.115.17.102...

Old October 30th 05, 06:10 AM
whitershadeofpale

John Doe wrote:

Haven't you ever had a clump of **** stuck to your butt?

I know Blink shaves his cat down (or he pays someone to do it)

but...maybe your cat should get a trim back there no?

Old October 30th 05, 07:20 AM
John Doe

"whitershadeofpale" wrote:
John Doe wrote:

Haven't you ever had a clump of **** stuck to your butt?

I know Blink shaves his cat down (or he pays someone to do it)
but...maybe your cat should get a trim back there no?

I don't think his hair is that type, but I will check. Also, sometimes
ingested hair doesn't come out easily.
Old October 31st 05, 03:51 AM
Phil P.

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Phil P." wrote:

Moron. LOL!

When did you stop trying to make other people laugh?

You haven't! You're moronic 'troll' posts are hilarious! LOL!

Btw, moron, the "LOLs" mean I'm laughing at you.

Old October 31st 05, 03:53 AM
Phil P.

"John Doe" wrote in message
"whitershadeofpale" wrote:

sounds more like what UB said, about the stalled glands.
If it was worms, they would not be itching pro say, after having
taken a nice Phil.
however, I could see glands itching after having taken a dump.

But in fact, I could see Phil left on the carpet. It wasn't itching,
it was a clump of **** stuck to his butt, and that's why it hasn't
happened since then or before then.

How incredibly silly/thoughtless for anyone to suggest taking your
cat to the vet because it had a clump of **** stuck to its butt.

Haven't you ever had a clump of **** stuck to your butt?

I think its hilarious that the only person you can hold a conversation with
is
Barry! LOL! Dumb & Dumber!

Old October 31st 05, 04:29 AM
Brian Link

On 29 Oct 2005 23:10:59 -0700, "whitershadeofpale"
wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Haven't you ever had a clump of **** stuck to your butt?

I know Blink shaves his cat down (or he pays someone to do it)

but...maybe your cat should get a trim back there no?

Our stray that Megan ended up adopting, Henry, was a very long-hair
Maine Coon-ish moggie. If he had loose stools, it would gum up the fur
under his tail, and he would scoot. I took him to the vet in alarm the
first time it happened, and he explained that sometimes cats have that
problem when they're very long-haired. If they're outside, they have a
lot of chances to slough off excess fur (bushes, tree bark, rolling in
gravel) that they don't get indoors. And grass makes better toilet
paper than a wood floor or carpet..

You might ask Megan whether he still scoots. She'd be the ultimate
authority on how to treat the problem.

When Our old-timer, Tiger, has a change in diet (we're out of food and
need to feed him dry or treats) he'll occasionally get the runs and
scoot too. That happens maybe every six months or so.

It may be as simple as this.. but worms are also something to look at.
Henry did have worms when we first got him, though he scooted after
they'd supposedly been eradicated with medication.

BLink