Old cat sneezing

Old April 22nd 07, 01:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Old cat sneezing

Hi everyone
I have just subscribed to the group.
I have a question about my 15 year old cat. This morning D.C. started
sneezing and it's this gross, green mucus.
His eyes look runny and his nose is crusty.
It's Sunday, so there are no vets open and tomorrow I have to be out
of town from 8am on.
Is this just a cold that will go away....or is it a respiratory
infection?
My guess because of the mucus is a URI.
At age 15 will he be able to fight a URI off?
He's health has declined in the past couple of years.
He has a large lump on his stomach and an artificial hip (due to an
abusive first owner)
Thanks,

Ann

Old April 22nd 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Catlover Medway via CatKB.com

Hi, Ann, your cat sounds as though he's in distress and you're justified in
at least getting telephone advice from an emergency vet. If you can't take
your cat in, can you find a pet transport service that will do this for you?
You'll need to agree this with your vet in advance and they'll likely have
some phone numbers.

http://www.cats.org.uk/catcare/leaflets/640_cat_flu.pdf
http://wizz-catz.co.uk/oldage.html
http://www.fabcats.org/elderlycats.html

Old April 22nd 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 22 Apr, 13:28, " wrote:
Hi everyone
I have just subscribed to the group.
I have a question about my 15 year old cat. This morning D.C. started
sneezing and it's this gross, green mucus.
His eyes look runny and his nose is crusty.
It's Sunday, so there are no vets open and tomorrow I have to be out
of town from 8am on.
Is this just a cold that will go away....or is it a respiratory
infection?
My guess because of the mucus is a URI.
At age 15 will he be able to fight a URI off?
He's health has declined in the past couple of years.
He has a large lump on his stomach and an artificial hip (due to an
abusive first owner)
Thanks,

Ann

Please call a vet?

It does sound like he has a really bad infection there. It could be
upper respiritory, or worse. At his age, he runs the risk of a very
swift decline in health by dehydration or simply not being able to
breath properly. I am certain that any vet would thank you for calling
them now, rather than you leaving the cat and asking them to try to
cure the impossible later in the week, IF he gets that far! He sounds
in a really bad way & needs antibiotics asap!!

This could be fatal if not managed sooner rather than later.

You sound a very responsible person & I am sure that you will call for
assistance....

It would be really good to hear how you got on after your call to the
vet, as long as you don't mind posting again? Good Luck...
Thank you,
S;o)

Old April 22nd 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone
I have just subscribed to the group.
I have a question about my 15 year old cat. This morning D.C. started
sneezing and it's this gross, green mucus.
His eyes look runny and his nose is crusty.
It's Sunday, so there are no vets open and tomorrow I have to be out
of town from 8am on.
Is this just a cold that will go away....or is it a respiratory
infection?
My guess because of the mucus is a URI.
At age 15 will he be able to fight a URI off?
He's health has declined in the past couple of years.
He has a large lump on his stomach and an artificial hip (due to an
abusive first owner)
Thanks,

-----------
Please call an emergency vet. Your senior kitty has a bad upper respiratory
infection that will require antibiotics. Even if he were younger, he would
require antibiotics. If you don't take care of this ASAP, he could die.
Please take care of him and let us know what happens.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Sneezing kilikini Cat anecdotes 18 July 22nd 06 05:18 PM
cat sneezing Laila Cat health & behaviour 2 June 26th 06 05:09 PM
Cat Sneezing Cat Protector Cat health & behaviour 7 January 10th 06 07:05 AM
sneezing Duke of URL Cat anecdotes 18 April 11th 05 04:06 PM
sneezing Karen Cat health & behaviour 40 July 3rd 04 11:54 PM