declaw or not to declaw?

Old April 1st 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Barry Manilow

"Granby" wrote:

Yowie, here is one for the books. A young woman in Indiana is suing her
Doctor because he didn't tell her labor would be so painful! Heard the
case was thrown out and the judge said something like "Young woman, when
you try to get something the size of a basketball through a space the
size of a golfball, what do you not understand would be painful about
that?"

Wow, that's nasty. I mean, I agree with throwing the suit out of court.
But there was no need for the judge to be such a jerk about it.

Joyce
Old April 1st 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default declaw or not to declaw?

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
. ..

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"hopitus" wrote in message

Tweed, please consider how (hopefully unconsciously) rude you are being
to *all* people in the US (taking into account this post and the other
like this just above).

I know we've been over this before, but your
anti-American bias still shows at times.

I am not biased again Americans at all and I do not know why you think
so. Most on the group are dear friends. We do have differences in the
way we keep cats, True.

I think I need to go away.

Bye for a while.

Wasn't even you that stepped on my toes this time around. I've never seen
any of your comments about Americans as being mean or even particularly
judgmental.

You do seem to want to caterigoize some things as American or not. It
can be unnerving to be on the receiving end of that since this is such a
hugely varied country.

I have far more differences with others from my country on this group than
I am ever likely to have with you.

In part because Americans bashing Americans in an international forum
really does upset me.

I suspect others rightly feel the same way about their own countries and
cultures.

Jo

True - and probably why I reacted strongly. I've apologized to Tweed, and
I'd like to apologize to anyone else whose feelings I may have hurt with my
reactionary comment.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 1st 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
. ..

I try to tell myself that they are easier on the environment than hot
water and detergent.

(My minds made up, don't try to confuse me with the truth on the subject)

Class or style wise, at least they are a step from eating take out out of
the paper bags and wrappers.

SSSSSHHHHHHHH, I've done that too.

Pam S. who feels so trailer trash today

Old April 1st 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Actually, I saw him as being pretty decent. I hate law suits like that, no
basis, didn't she read the books?

Old April 1st 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Don't go away, things will settle down, that is how a community if, say what
you want, lets others react then remember you are a COMMUNITY". Gramby
"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Mar 31, 6:33 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message

... "Christina Websell"
wrote in message

"hopitus" wrote in message

Tweed, please consider how (hopefully unconsciously) rude you are being
*all* people in the US (taking into account this post and the other
like
this just above).

I know we've been over this before, but your

anti-American bias still shows at times.

I am not biased again Americans at all and I do not know why you think
so.
Most on the group are dear friends. We do have differences in the way we
keep cats, True.

I think I need to go away.

Don't go away. Sometimes people are touchy and sometimes we all say
things that cause pain when we think that they shouldn't. It will
pass. I am rather touchy about the things people say about the U.S. on
the internet but there was some truth in what you said that I could
not deny.

--
Will in New Haven
"Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least

Old April 1st 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

All we need now is someone to brag about their new PINK FLAMINGOS!
"hopitus" wrote in message
On Mar 31, 6:45 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
"Jo Firey" wrote in message

. ..

I try to tell myself that they are easier on the environment than hot
water and detergent.

(My minds made up, don't try to confuse me with the truth on the
subject)

Class or style wise, at least they are a step from eating take out out
of
the paper bags and wrappers.

SSSSSHHHHHHHH, I've done that too.

Pam S. who feels so trailer trash today

Demi Moore is trailer trash.
Also from Area 51 - Roswell, NM
Do you see Demi bashing cars with an umbrella?
After shaving her head?
Demi has a handsome DH many years her junior,
is stinkin' filthy rich, and still beautiful at her age.
We should all be so trailer trash.....

Old April 1st 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Granby" wrote in message
All we need now is someone to brag about their new PINK FLAMINGOS!

There is a high school group around here that as a fundraiser will plant a
flock of flamingo's on someone's yard for you overnight.

They of course go out and collect them once the neighbors are done laughing.

Jo

. ..

Old April 1st 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Billy Colburn

Default I've Stopped!! DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!! (WAS: now I feel like an idoit was declaw or not to declaw??)

Matthew wrote in message:
,
Kyla you are a newbie and we all make mistakes as long as you
learn from them it will be ok

Translation:
You're an idiot who needs to be told who you can talk to and what you
can talk about. And if you don't follow our instructions you will be
ostracized.

--
Billy Colburn

Old April 1st 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^.**.^=

"Matthew" wrote in message

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
. ..

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~"

Kyla,

I don't think there's a need to reply to *everyone* that you're kf'ling
trolls by putting them in your 'litterbox'. For those of us who have
done so as well, all you're doing is showing us a post that we'd rather
not see.

I see that now. sorry...

I hope you understand.

I do and I appreciated your e-mail
Thank you
Hug
Kyla

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Kyla you are a newbie and we all make mistakes as long as you learn
from them it will be ok

That's what I'm trying to do Matthew, thanks.
I'm learning from my many mistakes and
I feel like I've alienated the whole group
*sigh*
But, I'll keep trying and..... learning.

Kyla

Hug
Kyla