Rescued from Shelter

Old June 3rd 05, 12:57 AM
Philip

Hemmaholic wrote:
Phillip,

So good to hear you found a cat, and at the pound!

"Mackerel" pattern on his sides, very vocal, likes water and weighs 14
pounds, Phillip, you just might have found a boy with Bengal blood
lines in his background! He sounds absolutely awesome!

If or when my son figures out the possible free file hosting on Yahoo, I'll
see if I can make some photos available.

The first thing you really should teach him is how to walk on a lead,
which will also involve getting his used to wearing a harness; the
figure "8" types are best for mini-tigers! And it sounds like you
definitely have a Tiger on your hands!

Tiger, eh? I found today that the postman sets him off ... growling with
ears back. Geez.

Please do check out the Yahoo Photo, another, less restrictive on line
album would be Photobucket (www.photobucket.com), and a much easier to
use and share site than Yahoo.

Mephistopheles would be a good name for this big boy!

Hemma

Oh! Ok, I'll pass that along! Thank you.

MistaFewFleas? What? ;^)

Old June 3rd 05, 12:57 AM
Philip

We're waiting for a fitting name to occur to one of us. LOL "Cat"
(temporary title) is a burrower. Burrows inbetween stacks of freshly
laundered bed sheets, towels, and even a couple of sleeping bags we have
tossed on a bed in the guest room. Everytime he disappears, these are the
kinds of places I find him. His "chosen" place still seems to be behind a
row of encyclopedias. Smart cat. ;^)

Innovo wrote:
***Congratulations to you and your wife on your new 'baby' :-)!
You'll have to post a picture of him for us when you can, he sounds
ruggedly handsome ;-). May you and your Kitty ( oh BTW, what's his
name?) be blessed with many happy, good years together.

ML

"Philip" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Ok ... I found a cat. Not the Bengal kitten or like tempered orange
tabby kitten I was after but ... that's what happens when you go
shopping the Bargain Bin.

In the past 7 days, I've seen enough colors, breeds, temperaments,
and condition of cat to make memory of them all run together. But
one keep popping up in my mind. Decided today to go back to that
particular

shelter
and if that particular tabby was still there ... bust him out of
kitty jail.

Geez ... all the freekin' paperwork, microchip, couple of spot blood
tests (and shots only as dictated by testing). I've bought new cars
that generated as much paper! INcluded is a free end to end exam if
scheduled during the first 72 hrs ownership. As is, he got a clean
bill of health ... enough to be released to me.

Oh ... about the cat. Stray, estimated 2 yrs old. Neutered.
Medium/large frame and well muscled. Very lean. VERY dark orange
striping with a cinnamon roll swirl on his sides but high contrast
striping on the legs and
tail. High narrow set yellow eyes. Very dark pink nose that is quite
long for its face and dark pink ears. This one has a "face" that
reminds me of somebody I used to know ... and he was Irish and drank
a lot. LOL this one is a leaper too. Already made the top of the
refrigerator in a single bound. Investigated behind everything in
the house in the first hour. Communicates alot with tail lashing.
Used the litter box. Comes running at
the sound of dry cat food bag being opened. All this an more we
learned in the first couple of hours. Likes to roll over and beg
you to play with him. But beware. He will grab your hand with both
paws and then give you a nip when he's had enough. There is sudden
tail lashing in the seconds leading up to the nip. The wife didn't
take the hint and so predictably, he treated
her to a bite ... not a nip. I saw it coming and told her but ...

Now the ride home from the pound is a whole 'nuther story. LOL

Old June 3rd 05, 01:07 AM
Mary

equalizer wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 16:01:10 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

bigbadbarry wrote:
Philip wrote:
Ok ... I found a cat. Now the ride home from the pound is a whole
'nuther story. LOL

You sound excited.

Now what about the ride home, was the cat trying to drive the car?

Ah well. The Warden started issuing instructions like a drill instructor
regarding the impending new home introduction and transport in the

cardboard
cat carrier. I laughed and said "As soon as the cat is in the truck, I'm
letting him out. This will make is new home seem like a place of calm

safety
by comparison." LOL She shot me a strangely distrustful look.

Out in the truck (my kick about town POS diesel powered Datsun) I let

"Cat"
out. This is a BIG cat (14 lbs of lean cat) for the box they provided.

He
did what all cats do .... roamed from one side of the cab to the other,
voicing his concerns and looking out the windows. About 8 miles later,

he
was stressed ... and curled up in my lap for the remaining 3 miles.

Arriving home, he headed for the first dark corner and hid ... for about

5
minutes. I called him out ... he came ... then after some stroking, took
off to explore behind everything in the house.

Last night, "Cat" (We're still waiting for an appropriate name to occur

one of us), spent most of the night on the foot of our bed.

This morning was a shocker. I was in the shower. A couple of minutes
later, I hear "Cat" yowling. I turned around in the shower and there's
"Cat" standing with paws on the edge of the tub. I flicked some water on

him
which didn't faze him. Back to showering. A minute later, more crying.
He's up on the bathroom basin looking at me, continuing his

crying/inquiry
at volume. I tossed a handful of water his way ... splat. Back to
shampooing my hair. When I brought my head out from under the shower and
turned around, "Cat" was crouched on the window sill OVER the tub!!!

That's
a good 5 foot leap onto a narrow, tiled, wet ledge! Looks like we've got

water cat. So I wetted him down a bit with wet hands which didn't faze

him
a bit. HOW WEIRD ... so soon. This cat is full of surprises and we've

had
him only 15 hrs

This post put a big smile on my face at work today, just as I was
getting ready to rip some management type a new one. I think we're in
for some great posts -- you're owned, pal!

eq

He really does sound like a cool cat, and he really does sound Bengalish.
I want a big orange boy cat one day.

Old June 3rd 05, 01:28 AM
Philip

Hemma: Son says Photobucket was easy as falling off a log. Thank you.
Here's a few photos:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010153.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010147.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010144.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010142.jpg

Old June 3rd 05, 01:50 AM
Mary

"Philip" wrote in message
link.net...
Hemma: Son says Photobucket was easy as falling off a log. Thank you.
Here's a few photos:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010153.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010147.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010144.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010142.jpg

What a gorgeous boy!

Old June 3rd 05, 01:58 AM
bigbadbarry

Philip wrote:
Hemma: Son says Photobucket was easy as falling off a log. Thank you.
Here's a few photos:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010153.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010147.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010144.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010142.jpg

He's very handsome! so that's 6 cats now.

one more cat and you can do away with the electric blanket. hoo ha

look, I see your mailing address in one of the pics, did you mean to
post that?

Later

Old June 3rd 05, 02:02 AM
Innovo

***He's regal looking boy, and what pretty green eyes he has!

You could name him Prince or Blaze, although I know that both of those names
aren't exactly original ;-). But hey, who cares if it really fits him. Or,
you could call him by you or your son's initials, like...P.J.

Anyway, please do let us know when you decide on a name for "Cat", and
hopefully it won't be "Mole" since you said he likes to burrow ;-), and yes,
it could* take a while for you and your family to finally narrow down and
choose the right* name for him.

ML

link.net...

Old June 3rd 05, 02:06 AM
bigbadbarry

Philip wrote:

Part of my dinner became part of "Cat's" dinner last night. Snow peas in
butter sauce. He was will to eat one for the other. Doberman? Spinach?
You did this deliberately, why?

No, I'm just being silly in regards to finnicky eaters.
I had a doby, but didn't feed her spinach. She was a big lap dog.
People say, "Oh I would never eat meat", I think, you'd cannibalize a
body if you was hungry enough. (OT)

Why not name him something simple, he looks like "Jack" to me.

Old June 3rd 05, 04:08 AM
Priscilla Ballou

In article .net,
"Philip" wrote:

Hemma: Son says Photobucket was easy as falling off a log. Thank you.
Here's a few photos:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010153.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010147.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010144.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010142.jpg

He's a handsome fellow, all right!

Priscilla
--
"Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what
the hell happened." -- Cora Harvey Armstrong
Old June 3rd 05, 04:11 AM
Philip

bigbadbarry wrote:
Philip wrote:
Hemma: Son says Photobucket was easy as falling off a log. Thank
you. Here's a few photos:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010153.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010147.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010144.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y/P1010142.jpg

He's very handsome! so that's 6 cats now.

one more cat and you can do away with the electric blanket. hoo ha

look, I see your mailing address in one of the pics, did you mean to
post that?

Later

Six cats? No .... he's the only cat in our house.

Electric blanket? Haven't owned one of those in 50 yrs!

You see my mailing address in the picture? I don't. Hmmm.