Are cats psychic? (psychotic?)

Old March 9th 06, 12:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Are cats psychic? (psychotic?)

My Dusty ... it's very strange (the situation, that is)... it seems she
can anticipate my every move. If I get up to go to the bathroom ... she
is two steps AHEAD of me ... if I get up to go to the kitchen ... two
steps AHEAD of me ... leading the way ... kind following me ... in
reverse(?)

The strangest thing is ... occassionally when my back is bothering me
I'll jump into a hot bath with ... of course ... Dusty sitting on the
side of the tub watching over me.

Ever since she was a kitten we played a bathtub game where I squeeze my
fist real fast and water squirts out of my hand, and she 'catches' it
with her paw. She loves that game ...

Every once in a while I would cup some water in my hand and pour it on
her just to mess with her (cuz if you can't MESS with cats' heads, then
what's life all about?) ... she would, of course, get ****ed and jump
down for a minute ... then be right back for more play ...

And now it seems like if I just THINK about pouring water on her ...
she lets out a little chirp (yelling at me) and jumps down. I don't
know if it's just some very subtle move that I might make which she
then recognizes or what ... but she sure seems to KNOW what I am
THINKING about doing ...

Maybe I should have named her Claire? (voyant) ...
Old March 9th 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 06:36:52 -0500, John Rahn
yodeled:

(snip)
(cuz if you can't MESS with cats' heads, then
what's life all about?)

Well said.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 12th 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hehehe, my uncle has this ginger cat that showed up a few years ago.
My uncle is allergic to a lot of things, including cats and has bad
asthma.

He didn't want this cat to keep hanging around, so one day when the cat
was wandering around the back door, looking for a way to get in, my
uncle took a cup of water and threw it and hit the cat full in the face
with the water, thinking it would scare the cat away.

The cat jumped back, ran a few steps, shook his head vigorously, and
then the little bugger came back for more!!!

He's strictly outdoors, but likes to keep my uncle's yard as his
domain. My uncle has named him Goofball. Once Goofball was sunning
himself while my uncle was watering the yard with a hose.

you see what's coming?

He just aimed a little squirt in Goofballs direction, and got him good,
and it was enough to make Goofball levitate a few feet. and after he
had recovered, go back to sunning himself, but with a sneaky eye on my
uncle.

Silly cat.

Whenever i get a chance to relax in a hot bath, it's only a matter of
time before i see the door nudged open and a pair of paws on the edge
of the tub. It's usually Mischief, with a WTH look.

Kristi

Old March 12th 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mischief wrote:
[...]

LOL!

Whenever i get a chance to relax in a hot bath, it's only a matter of
time before i see the door nudged open and a pair of paws on the edge
of the tub. It's usually Mischief, with a WTH look.

I just took a shower, and as always, Caliban sat just outside the shower
curtain and every now and then stuck a paw or his face around the
curtain. I think he's trying to protect Meowmie from the evil
waddermonsters.

This boy is just fascinated by water. He never tires of watching the
toilet flush. He hangs with his paws over the edge of the bowl and tries
to catch the water as it's swirling away. I never dare to leave the lid
open, because I'm quite sure he would eventually fall in. Here he is at
his favourite pastime:

http://tinyurl.com/7ryrv

He's even bigger now, so his whole front end hangs into the bowl when
he's at his hobby. ;o) I'm a bit worried about how he'll react on the
island this summer. I hope he doesn't jump into the sea.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 12th 06, 11:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
Mischief wrote:

I just took a shower, and as always, Caliban sat just outside the shower
curtain and every now and then stuck a paw or his face around the
curtain. I think he's trying to protect Meowmie from the evil
waddermonsters.

This boy is just fascinated by water. He never tires of watching the
toilet flush. He hangs with his paws over the edge of the bowl and tries
to catch the water as it's swirling away. I never dare to leave the lid
open, because I'm quite sure he would eventually fall in. Here he is at
his favourite pastime:

http://tinyurl.com/7ryrv

He's even bigger now, so his whole front end hangs into the bowl when
he's at his hobby. ;o) I'm a bit worried about how he'll react on the
island this summer. I hope he doesn't jump into the sea.

Pua has a water fascination as well! Every morning when I get up, if I
don't immediately get her a fresh bowl of water, she screams at me in her
weird, little meezer voice. Once I put the bowl down, she consumes half of
it and she's happy. (I have to do this *before* I take my morning pee.)
Then she follows me to the bathroom to carefully watch me pee and as soon as
I hit the "flusher" she jumps up to the rim to watch the water swish and
swirl. Then I have to close the lid completely, so that she doesn't jump
into the toilet bowl. The next part of her daily routine is a leap into the
tub to lick the dripping water from the tub drain - our bathtub spiggot
leaks, no matter how much my hubby has tried to fix it. It's like a mini
waterfall to Pua and as such, she's almost always playing in the tub. Her
little paws get all wet, so when she crawls out of the tub, I get little
kitty footprints all over the bathroom floor. It's never boring around
here. :~)

kili

Old March 12th 06, 11:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote in message

"Marina" wrote in message
Mischief wrote:

[...]

can i see pics of your meezer girl?? i got my first two meezers this year; I
wanted one all my life, so when I got the chance I got two! They are the
first cats my hubby has actually liked, he is a d++ person, but you can't
resist meezers.....I would love to see pics of yours!

Old March 12th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"meee" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message

"Marina" wrote in message
Mischief wrote:

can i see pics of your meezer girl?? i got my first two meezers this year;

wanted one all my life, so when I got the chance I got two! They are the
first cats my hubby has actually liked, he is a d++ person, but you can't
resist meezers.....I would love to see pics of yours!

Sure! I've got pix of her in a couple of places...

http://www.catster.com/?183929
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ahuihou.geo/my_photos

In Yahoo, you can click on my "animals" album to see various pix of all the
kids or just on "new kids". Pua came to me as a starving stray back in
August last year. She was so starving she could hardly walk and she didn't
have much fur due to a bad ringworm problem in addition to the lack of
nutrition. I've turned her completely around. She's a wonderful, sweet
little girl and I just adore her.

kili

Old March 12th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote in message
.. .

"meee" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message

"Marina" wrote in message
Mischief wrote:

[...]

Oh, poor little girl!! That's wonderful that you took her in. I cannot
understand how people can do that to such lovely animals. I don't know if I
ever will. I looove your cats (who am I kidding? I love every cat I see! I
would happily take home the whole rspca.....) I love your two little tuxies
they are soooo cute!! I want a tuxie one day......if I can convince
hubby.....Your meezer girl looks like a red point Balinese cross. She is a
stunner, and it's great to see her looking so healthy. Looks like a backyard
breeder product to me I'm so glad you took her in. I think I'll have to
join Catster, it looks like fun!! A site just for cats!!

Old March 12th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"John Rahn" wrote in message
SNIP

but she sure seems to KNOW what I am
THINKING about doing ...

Maybe I should have named her Claire? (voyant) ...

Simply a good communication line with the Mothership.
--
Mathew
Butler to 3 cats: Chablis, Muscat & Sage

Old March 12th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"meee" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message
.. .

"meee" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message

"Marina" wrote in message
Mischief wrote:

[...]

Catster IS fun and they've got another site called d*gster. It's all free!
Thanks for the kind words on my kids; they bring so much happiness into our
house. I'm so lucky to have a husband who likes cats!

Do you really think Pua is a red point Balinese cross? How can you tell?
What are the distinguishable features?

kili

It's Official [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 7 October 25th 05 04:20 AM
rec.pets.cats: Norwegian Forest Cat Breed-FAQ Bjorn Steensrud Cat Information 0 October 19th 05 05:37 AM
rec.pets.cats: Traditional Siamese Breed-FAQ Laura Gilbreath Cat Information 0 October 19th 05 05:35 AM
performing cats Norm Cat anecdotes 0 September 18th 05 03:32 AM
Cat predation studies Alison Cat health & behaviour 48 February 5th 04 04:17 AM