Yippee!! Hooray!!!

Old January 7th 05, 02:33 PM
JBHajos

Default Yippee!! Hooray!!!

Last year, Speckles was diagnosed with kidney problems, with only a
quarter of kidney function left. She was given K/D which she refused
with all stubborness to touch. A cat will eat anything rather than
starve? Not Speckles!! Not K/D, not *any* brand of senior-citizen
diet. I gave in and let her have her beloved Fancy Feast, feeling as
though I were murdering her.

She did not require Sub-Q's yet but for the past week she has been
vomiting on a daily basis. We seemed to be spending half our time
cleaning up barf. I expected we'd lose her this year and this seemed
to be the start of the downhill slide. So off to the vet yesterday
for checkup and tests, with a great deal of trepidation.
Hallelujah!!! Tests showed her kidney function in the *normal*
range!! I did a happy-dance right there in the vet's room!

How come the turnaround on a Fancy Feast diet? Oh, well, mine not to
wonder why!!

Jeanne
Old January 7th 05, 03:53 PM
Katz

Well, yea Speckles! Did the vet have any explanation? I'm so happy for
you both. )

Katz

Old January 7th 05, 04:17 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-07, JBHajos penned:

She did not require Sub-Q's yet but for the past week she has been vomiting
on a daily basis. We seemed to be spending half our time cleaning up barf.
I expected we'd lose her this year and this seemed to be the start of the
downhill slide. So off to the vet yesterday for checkup and tests, with a
great deal of trepidation. Hallelujah!!! Tests showed her kidney function
in the *normal* range!! I did a happy-dance right there in the vet's room!

How come the turnaround on a Fancy Feast diet? Oh, well, mine not to wonder
why!!

Awesome news about the kidneys! Did you figure out why she was throwing up,
though?

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 7th 05, 06:28 PM
Irulan

Wonderful news about Speckles. May he live long and prosper.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old January 7th 05, 06:32 PM
jmcquown

JBHajos wrote:
Last year, Speckles was diagnosed with kidney problems, with only a
quarter of kidney function left. She was given K/D which she refused
with all stubborness to touch.

(snippage)
How come the turnaround on a Fancy Feast diet? Oh, well, mine not to
wonder why!!

Jeanne

Great news! Congratulations! But why is she vomiting, did they know?

Jill

Old January 7th 05, 07:49 PM
Mathew Kagis

Great News..... Hmmmm, Fancy Feast as miracle feline cure-all.... I just
don't buy it... But, whatever happened, I'm happy for you.

--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old January 7th 05, 10:00 PM
W. Leong

Could Speckles be misdiagnosed with kidney problems? Was a blood test
done last year to check her kidney functions?

My 10 year old cat Rusty was diagnosed with renal insufficiency 3 years ago.
RS is the stage before kidney failure.
He was put on a prescription G/D senior cat diet. While on that diet, he got
crystals in his urine and had to switch to a diet for urinary crystals.
Recent blood tests showed his kidney is fine. So the initial diagnosis was
wrong. Good thing Rusty is not picky with prescription cat food.
This week he is being switched yet again to I/D for his diarrhea.

Winnie

Old January 8th 05, 11:50 AM
Adrian

JBHajos wrote:
[...]