Exploring Cat Island

Old September 21st 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat

Default Exploring Cat Island

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:54:40 -0400, Mme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote:

Ah, McDougal, zees eez wunnerful! Fangu! We weel
begin makink preparayshuns az soon az possible!

[As Mercurio and McDougal work out arrangements a small can be seen
approaching. Riding on the cart are Sammy, Ranger, and Beauty. Ranger and
Sammy are no longer wearing their pith helmets or jodphurs. Their clothes
are, in fact, draped over the back of cart dripping into the roadway.]

Sammy: Miss Ameliagrump, we haz news! Dey duz haf a fishing port here.
It's in a little bay dats completely hidden from da outside, so no
hoomins know it'z dere. And da fisher kitties go out in dere boats, den
da fishies just jump right into da boat! Itz amazing!

An dey catches several kinds of fishies. Beauty can tell you more about
da kinds of fishies, but all of dem dat I sampled tasted purrty tasty.

Ranger: An it's kind of startling how da fishies jump into da boats.
Startling enough that a couple of unsuspectin boycats might get startled
right over da side of da boat into da water. Da cold water.

Old September 21st 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_2_]

Mimzy n Bob Qat boff admit tew being majical Kits. Morgana, dat red
stone yoo gabe mee n da rock yoo gabe Bob Qat made et eezy fur usses tew
find yoo. Mosey is relieved and tells the kits "never jest tew runnoft
ugin wike dat I alwayz nead tew gnow where yoo are.". Bob Qat 'but but'
Mimzy, umkay Pa, we will tell yoo wen we nead tew go off n find sumpthin
n tayke r radio fingys yoo gabe usses. We wurnt ufrayed at all uf dat
cave. Mosey, okay den, yoo r tew yung yet tew be skaring usses wike
dat, but yoo did gudgud finding Morgana.

Hmmm. Mimzy, Bob Qat, may I inspect the bottoms of your front paws?

[The bits come to Morgana and hold out their front paws, pads up. Morgana
looks carefully, brushing aside fur from between the 2nd and 3rd pads.
High up on the pad, in an area normally covered with fur, each kit has a
white mark in the shape of a crescent moon.]

My goodness, it really is true...

Mosey, kits, you need to hear this. My niece-cat Murrah once upon a time
grew unhappy with life in the Second World. She started spending time in
the First World, usually here on this island. Several years ago she found
herself with kit, and she decided that her kits would be raised in the
First World. She disappeared, and none of our First World search teams
were able to find sign of her.

Those several years in the Second World would have taken a different
amount of time in the First World; in this case, given where Murrah made
the transition, etc it would have seemed as several months here in the
First World.

Kits, I believe my niece was your Momcat. It would appear that she made
the journey to the First World successfully, had her kits successfully,
but found life in the First World more difficult than she could manage.
That would have lead to her seeking out you and your missing wink, Mosey,
to provide a home for the kits. Kits, it appears that you are my grand-
niece and grand-nephew once removed, or some such nonsense. Whatever the
proper term is, you can call me your Aunt Morgana. Mosey, I don't intend
to interfere in your raising of the kits; but any time you need
assistance, please feel free to call on me.

Morgana

Wow, Morgana, you mean mine Kits r from the Second World after all?
I suspected something like that, but wasn't sure. They are such wonderful
Kits, 9 months old now, I have provided a lovely home for them, in the First
World and you are welcome to visit any time at all. Thank you so much for
finding all this out.
Hey Mimzy n Bob Qat, says Mosey, you are indeed Second World Kits and
Morgana is your Aunt and she is wonderful.
Mimzy and Bob Qat's eyes get all big and they give their new 'Aunt' Morgana
a big huggie and say thank you for being so nice to Pa Mosey n us. You must
visit our home sometime and we can show you all kinds of things.
The Kits giggle and are so happy and so is Mosey.
Thank you so much, Morgana.
Mosey hems and haws, "Morgana, would you please be
my guest at The Jellical Ball?"
Mosey

Old September 22nd 09, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

Hey Mimzy n Bob Qat, says Mosey, you are indeed Second World Kits and
Morgana is your Aunt and she is wonderful. Mimzy and Bob Qat's eyes get
all big and they give their new 'Aunt' Morgana a big huggie and say
thank you for being so nice to Pa Mosey n us. You must visit our home
sometime and we can show you all kinds of things. The Kits giggle and
are so happy and so is Mosey. Thank you so much, Morgana.
Mosey hems and haws, "Morgana, would you please be my guest at The
Jellical Ball?"
Mosey

I would be delighted to! Thank you.

Morgana
Old September 22nd 09, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

[McDougal, Aed, and Mercurio stand off to themselves, conversing
intently. After a few minutes they call to Mimzy and Bob Qat.]

Kits, we have been talking and we all feel that the maze inside the cave
is no longer needed since the First World cats and Second World cats are
now freely visiting each others worlds. We are also afraid that the maze
is dangerous, since a cat could wander in and get lost. So we have
decided to solve the problem with a combination of First World and Second
World skills. I wonder if you would care to help us?

[The 3 adult kitties and both kits gather at the entrance to the cave.
Mercurio raises his paws and all the kitties lower their heads and begin
to purr loudly. After a few moments of purring concentration a soft
rumble can be heard from the cave and a light cloud of dust filters out.
After just a couple of minutes the rumbling stops, Mercurio lowers his
paws, and the kitties cease purring.

When the assembled kitties look into the cave they now see a well-lighted
smooth path that passes directly into the Second World.]

There, now we can all easily pass between the worlds without having to
make use of teleporters.

McDougal
Old September 22nd 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

Ah, McDougal, zees eez wunnerful! Fangu! We weel
begin makink preparayshuns az soon az possible!

That's excellent, 'tis indeed. You can count on ourselves to give allthe
help ye may need.

I'll take ye to the ampitheater when you like, to show you the
arrangement. Ye'll be impressed, ye will.

[A lookout cat can be heard yowling from the top of the boulder wall.]

Amelia: Did I hear correctly? Did the lookout say that a human was
approaching?

McDougal: Aye, that would be the good father, it would. Come walk with
me, and I'll explain as we go.

You see, cats have been on this island for a very long time. Our legends
don't go back far enough to describe the arrival of cats here, but we
know that our ancestors have been here at least for several hundred
years. Every once in a while an unlucky human will be shipwrecked and
wash up against our rocks. They have almost always died before they reach
here. But once time, a hundred years or so ago, a human washed up against
our rocks and was still alive. Many of the island's cats worked together
to pull him ashore. Since he was freezing the cats covered him with their
own bodies and warmed him. They brought him food and water, and nursed
him back to health.

This human recognized something special when he saw it. He was a
religious human, something that they called a "monk", and he recognized
that we were special cats. He built himself a little boat from driftwood
washed onto the island, and before he sailed away he told us that he knew
we were intelligent cats, and that we understood him, and that we had
saved his life. He pledged to always keep our secret, and to always do
his best to keep us healthy. He then started coming to visit us once
every 3 months. He would bring dried food and medical supplies. As he got
older he established a monastery outside of a local village. The
religious order that operates the monastery sees to it that one monk
knows the existence of our island, and when he becomes too old he passes
the knowledge on to another. Every few months the selected monk sails
out to us with a supply of food and veterinary supplies, and for the last
few years they have brought us raw wool and carried away and sold for us
the rugs and things we weave from the wool.

The human that just arrived is Father Frank. He will probably have a
basket for dried trout-fishies and a few tins of catnip for us.

[As McDougal finished his explanation they the approach of footsteps.
McDougal leads Amelia to the top of a hip-level (to a human) rock, and
the two of them are soon approached by a short, rotund man wearing a
plain brown cassock. He chuckles as he sees them.]

Father Frank: Ah, McDougal, 'tis good to see you again. And who is this
delightful tortie girl? Greetings to you! I've a nice bundle of dried
trout for ye, and several bottles of milk, and a big basket of vet
supplies. Yer cats are unloading the supply of wool I brought.

[They reach the assembly hall, and Father Frank greets all of the cats he
sees.]

Here we go - that quiet little stream of water that runs out from under
yer rock, with that little pool in the shade - that will be perfect for
yer milk. I'll just put the bottles in there...

Now, let's see yer sick and injured.

[A few cats slowly approach, limping on injured paws. One walks slowly
and coughs deeply. The monk examines each cat, touching gently, listening
with a stethoscope, administering pills when needed. Soon all of the
waiting cats have been seen.]

Ok, McDougal me son, it looks like all of your sick are tended to. That
little girl with the cough is still coughing but sounds much better. I'll
leave ye with some more pills for her, and I'm sure she'll be as good as
new in just a couple of weeks.

I should imagine that yer kitties have loaded up yer rugs on me boat, so
I'll be off. See you in a few months, kitties!

[With that the monk left. Amelia follows and watches as he climbs back
into his small sailboat and pulls away from the island.]
Old September 23rd 09, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_2_]

Hey Mimzy n Bob Qat, says Mosey, you are indeed Second World Kits and
Morgana is your Aunt and she is wonderful. Mimzy and Bob Qat's eyes get
all big and they give their new 'Aunt' Morgana a big huggie and say
thank you for being so nice to Pa Mosey n us. You must visit our home
sometime and we can show you all kinds of things. The Kits giggle and
are so happy and so is Mosey. Thank you so much, Morgana.
Mosey hems and haws, "Morgana, would you please be my guest at The
Jellical Ball?"
Mosey

I would be delighted to! Thank you.

Morgana

I was hoping you would accept. I'll have the special red magik porter
spiffed up and the Kits have their own seats in it.

Mosey

Old September 23rd 09, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mimzy & Bob Qat =^..^= =^,,^=

[...]

Wow, that was so cool, and majikal Mr McDougal. Looky, the lights change
colors sometimes and aren't too bright, We live in the First World and have
4 teleporters
and a big house n yoo can visit any time you want. Pa Mosey is gonna go
nuts trying to figure out how to pick up Morgana for the Jellical Ball.
They'll figure ir out.
Thank you so much for including us in your special Purr. We feel very
honored.
And happy. Happy is good.
Luffs
Mimzy and Bob Qat

Old September 23rd 09, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mimzy & Bob Qat =^..^= =^,,^=

[...]

Mimzy tugs on Bob Qats ear and says, 'This is where we came from, The Second
World, and we hafta learn all we can but we can't say 'anything' to anybody
without permission. Understand? Bob Qat nods in agreement. Mimzy gets a
sad look on her face, I didn't know kitties got sick and hurt here. I want
to do all I can to help.
Don't you? I wonder if there are bitties here too?. Hmmm, lots to learn
about The Second World. Father Frank seemed nice, and he keeps secrets too.
He does all sorts of good things.
Little Mimzy sits down and starts to cry happy/sad and her brother Bob Qat
comforts her. 'Kinda overwhelming, isn't it?' he says. Mimzy sniffs and
says 'yup, it sure is' and I'm so glad you're my brother. And I'm glad
yer my sister.
Then they both shake off their 'mood' and run off to find Pa Mosey.

Old September 23rd 09, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mercurio[_4_]

On 21 Sep 2009 17:37:47 GMT, Samuel Redcat wrote:

Ranger: An it's kind of startling how da fishies jump into da boats.
Startling enough that a couple of unsuspectin boycats might get startled
right over da side of da boat into da water. Da cold water.

Ahhhh. M. Ranger, I see zat yoo haff had a liddle
bath! Well, no harm!

Did yoo see eef zere were lopsterz? I knoze zat
eez a great fafforite ob dis kommunity.

[To McDougal] Ahhh, well eet zeems zat awl will
work owt; yoo haff efuryfing zat eez needed fur
zee bawl! Zees yeer we are hafink clozed circuit
cameraz wif wide screen TVs so zat no matter where
a kitty eez sittink he can see efuryfing.

[To Amelia] Eez Flufflykits caterink zees yeer?

Hmmmmmm..... any more detailz???????

--
Ciao kittiez,

Mercurio
9/22/2009 8:09:33 PM
Old September 23rd 09, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Diz iz Piglet and I gussez da I jus volunterred Maggy May for bittie
partol. Her hazn answered yet dough.