Odesa still in hospital, and it sucks...

Old September 25th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Default Odesa still in hospital, and it sucks...

On Sep 24, 10:24 pm, sam wrote:
Thanks and blessings to you all, who are pulling and purring for my delicate
baby.

Blessed be,
Baha

Purrs continue to go out from my foursome for a swift and complete
recovery.
Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam (who know how frightening breathing problems
can be) and Barnabus

Old September 25th 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_2_]

still purring away here

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
Last Saturday morning I updated that Odessa was very much improved. Not ten
minutes after I spoke with the tech at Orchard Park, I got a call from the
vet on call that things were not as rosy as first thought.

Our Odessa-Doll is still in hospital, in a little hutch-like thing where
they're pumping in oxygen and nebulised antibiotics and something that will
supposedly thin out the ick in her chest. That's the good news; the other
good news is that last night is the first time since Saturday morning that we
were not called out to the office with the possibility of something really
dire; I feel like a parent whose baby has slept through the night for the
first time.

I entered an update ("I just talked with the clinic and...") Saturday early.
The most recent info the young lady had was that Odessa had been sleeping
well with the oxygen and was breathing clearly. Then she got such a coughing
fit that her gums were starting to get blue. If you think Louie broke every
known traffic law taking her to the Southtowns, it was nothing compared to
that long drive. I was on my cell with the vet and we were momentarily cut
off. Both the phone and the traffic. I rolled down the window and screamed,
"Watch your goddamned SUV you bag of sh*t!-oy, Doctor, I think we had a
dropped call!" Yeah, the phone came back on when I said THAT magic word.
Remarkably understanding lady, this vet; but then, she has to be. This
particular hospital is the best in the area but it is, sadly, the last stop
for many poor creatures; and the doctors must hear things that make my
outburst sound like Mother Goose.

The word as of this morning is that Odessa's respiration has slowly been
returning to cat-normal and she has her periods of coughing but nothing wild
since late Saturday night. She has been having trouble eating because it
seems to trigger congestion coming to the surface that she has a problem
bringing up, but they've managed to get the ick out of her, suctioning and
such. The cultures and such are not back yet, the symptoms and xrays point to
pneumonia.

Louie is prepared to chuck his classes until the start of next year to take
care of our little Dolly, and to pay these good people (because believe me,
this'll be even more enormous than Brandy's tooth trouble a few years back!)
And this is why I married him. I cannot comprehend the enormity of that
sacrifice, that he loves his babies this much that he'll push back his
retraining. UB has been making it impossible for him, anyway: he has had
three rounds of measles shots, the last one in 1978 before going to India,
yet they will not accept his vaccine records. After going to temple yesterday,
he has decided this is God's way of telling him there are more important
things at work. Odessa will need care upon return, and will have to be
sequestered a good while and medicated. But she's not out of the woods yet,
so they say. Despite that, I am hopeful.

Old September 25th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Sep 24, 10:52 am, "Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote:
[...]

More purrs on their way for Odessa.

Suz&Spicey

Old September 26th 07, 10:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

try this: sleep in one of his T-shirt for a couple of nights, then have him
wear it for a couple of nights, then take it to her, Lee, still purring for
all of you,
Baha via CatKB.com u18616@uwe wrote in message news:78b734a4d6782@uwe...
Baha wrote:
Last Saturday morning I updated that Odessa was very much improved. Not

ten
minutes after I spoke with the tech at Orchard Park, I got a call from

the
vet on call that things were not as rosy as first thought.

They did a minor surgery, if you want to call it that, thinking that she

had
an obstruction of some kind, a polyp around her airway. Nothing. The

throat
and airpipe is clean, just those cursed lungs keep making ick that they

have
to suck out. Odessa is an ick machine. But they have her on some drug that

is
opening the bronchi up, and it seems to be helping.

Louie officially pulled out of school this afternoon. He says retraining

will
always be there; he has his books he can do his "busywork" with, and he is
disciplined enough to follow through. Class for real will wait until next
year.

I do not deserve such a man.

We took Odessa one of my shoes, and she's cuddling up with it. It seems to
relax her, in that little hutch...my poor lonely baby in there!

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 26th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 24 Sep, 15:47, (Gandalf) wrote:

He did have the decency to help, though. He could have just waited until
you were gone. I think he felt bad about parking there.- Hide quoted text -

What he said was he had parked without thinking because it hadn't
occurred to him that it could be a problem (by which you can deduce he
doesn't have small children) and he wouldn't do it again

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old September 26th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

On 24 Sep, 15:47, (Gandalf) wrote:

He did have the decency to help, though. He could have just waited until
you were gone. I think he felt bad about parking there.

What he said was he had parked without thinking because it hadn't
occurred to him that it could be a problem (by which you can deduce he
doesn't have small children) and he wouldn't do it again

Well, that's good to hear! Nice to know some people are willing to learn.

Joyce
Old September 26th 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Stormmee wrote:
try this: sleep in one of his T-shirt for a couple of nights, then have him
wear it for a couple of nights, then take it to her, Lee, still purring for
all of you,

Louie decided to sleep with his jean shorts on, and Odessa's favorite wiffle
goolf ball in the pocket, and we took it to her next day. she didn't whap it
around her little hutch, but shoved it into the shoe.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 29th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:

Last Saturday morning I updated that Odessa was very much improved. Not ten
minutes after I spoke with the tech at Orchard Park, I got a call from the
vet on call that things were not as rosy as first thought.

Our Odessa-Doll is still in hospital, in a little hutch-like thing where
they’re pumping in oxygen and nebulised antibiotics and something that will
supposedly thin out the ick in her chest. That’s the good news; the other
good news is that last night is the first time since Saturday morning that we
were not called out to the office with the possibility of something really
dire; I feel like a parent whose baby has slept through the night for the
first time.

snip
Thanks and blessings to you all, who are pulling and purring for my delicate
baby.

Blessed be,
Baha

We continue to send lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for Odessa
and hugs for you and Louie,
Polonca and Soncek

Politics Sucks Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 47 April 18th 07 10:27 PM
6 mos old cat sucks on clothing [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 6 September 17th 06 04:32 AM
Amtrak Sucks Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 9 August 3rd 06 05:05 AM
RL sucks! Sam Nash Cat anecdotes 3 April 21st 05 06:43 AM
It Sucks to be Little CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 March 29th 05 05:44 PM