moral question :patio JO

Old October 8th 07, 11:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Default moral question :patio JO

Why on earth should someone's sexual orientation be of any concern of anyone
else apart from their partner?

Stormmee wrote:
Granby's husband was a wonderful friend to me, and what she is
telling you is sooo true, forget that him pushing himself in the
chair was exercises he needed, and I am telling you I told DH he is
NOT allowed to die while we live in this small town, I might have to
go to prison if I have to deal with what she has had to deal with...
in her town the length of your hair determines your sexual
orientation, Lee

--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 8th 07, 11:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

it shouldn't be anyone's else's business but these people are trying to
figure out why she hasn't "taken up" with someone new... forget that she was
married to the same man for 30 plus years and doesn't want to disrespect him
or herself by settling for the first guy who asks her out.... it is
absolutely mind boggling that they even feel they have the right to an
opinion as to when she should date... let alone who or what gender!!! Lee

Old October 8th 07, 11:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

and I almost forgot... if I lived where she did, I might consider some of
the women over the men!!! Lee

Old October 8th 07, 11:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Stormmee" wrote in message
Granby's husband was a wonderful friend to me, and what she is telling you
is sooo true, forget that him pushing himself in the chair was exercises
he
needed, and I am telling you I told DH he is NOT allowed to die while we
live in this small town, I might have to go to prison if I have to deal
with
what she has had to deal with... in her town the length of your hair
determines your sexual orientation, Lee

OOOH, I'd be *real* popular then!

I have short hair, am 6'1", 120kg, and never wear skirts, dresses or make
up. Perhaps I'd put on a few 5-pointed stars, St Peter's crosses and silver
skulls, and strut around in thigh high black patent leather boots with 3
inch heels and a whip just to give the locals something *good* to talk about
:-)

I'd also get Joel to grow his hair long just to make it more interesting..

Yowie
(well, except if the Yowlet had to go to school there too)

Old October 8th 07, 12:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

The rate of alcholism in this are is staggering and we are very close to the
one of the highest poplulation of Meth producers in the area. The past
time when they are sitting outside drinking is to bet on whoose house or
barn will blow up next from a bad batch of the stuff.

Old October 8th 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Actually, the kids have to take the bus to go to school and, the school
there is very kids oriented. Most of these people don't have small kids,
about 25 houses and most of their families are grown. The picture you paint
would really be worth aq thousand words. Neighbors are convinced Scooter is
"mean". When she is out all I have to do is clap my hands and she will
come. They think she if so well trained they won't mess with her.

Old October 8th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Yowie, I am an albino which means my hair is naturally very white. When my
husband died it was down to my butt. He liked it that way so I always wore
it so. Well, I had more migrans than the average person until I got it cut.
Took me four cuts to ge it where I wanted. Then the coloring began. Have
had four different colors and am now stawberry blonde. My skin is light
enough that all I have to do is change make up to go with the hair and it
isn't bad. Lee, I bought a leather jacket st sams a month or so ago.
Folks, don't let her kid you she is my best friend and best backer, for
serious or fun. She would love for me to go to one of our meeting in
Springfield with the state dressed as you described. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.
Besides am too short an "fluffy" to carry it offf!!!

Old October 8th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

the sound you here is Gramby clucking like a chicken, it would be a total
hoot to see the reaction of our work associates of the transformation of the
hardworking ladylike totally civilized gramby into biker/dominatrix mamma, I
think she should get a couple of wash off tattoos also but DH doesn't like
that one, Lee

Old October 8th 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_2_]

Well, if it were me, after reading the OP I'd probaby get out the
spare collar I keep. It has a tag with my phone number, asking for any
owner to give me a call if this is their cat. I've used the collar
several times in the past and had people call. I get most of the cats
in the neighborhood here on my patio at one time or another, as I put
out food for them. Just sort of puts my mind to rest when I find that
the cat actually has a home. Finding the cat already has a home hasn't
always worked. I still regret not going ahead and rehoming one cat
after I found out it belonged to a neighbor across the street. He was
an intact, big b&w tuxedo that I called Black Tom and he spent more
time here than at his "home". He was later killed when hit by a car.

OTOH, later in the thread you mention it looks thin. IMHO if she's
wearing a flea collar she should also have a collar and tags. Both
Little Bit and Spot were regulars at the patio food bowl. Both were
skinny, pregant or already had kittens when I adopted them, and I
never looked for their previous home - just brought them.

Sooo, I'd just go ahead and rehome Jo.

Stormmee wrote:
ok we have another kitten that showed up a couple of weeks back, beautiful
white long haired Siamese mix, she is a true looker and a total and complete
lap fungus at about 12 weeks.

she had on a flea collar so we assumed she just had the misfortune of having
stupid people who didn't know she was too young to be out. our area is
pretty safe so DH put out food and water and let her sit on his lap while we
are out there. She told me immediately what her name is and had a major
purr fest when I said it out loud. about 2 weeks has passed and we had
brought her in for the night when it was going to storm. She goes and
explores during the day but if she hears the door she comes running to sit
on DH.

We had decided since Tiger isn't freaking out that we would bring her into
the kitty suite and look for her a home, I called for that appointment that
does all of the tests and that was that...

Then DH got some tomatoes from the neighbor... he showed the neighbor the
kitten and he said he thought it belonged to the people on the corner...
The people with the large dog that runs lose and looks sorta mean. Their
some as rode by on his bike and saw Jo on our patio, The dog runs lose, and
Jo hides when she sees any dog in the area. The neighbors is upset because
the village gave him crap over his dog being lose, an older very well
behaved non barking sort, and yet this huge thing runs loose...

what would you do? take the kitten to them, continue with rehomeing or
what. no one from their house has knocked on the door or asked about Jo at
the post office, and there are no flyers or posters anywhere.

Lee

Patio JO Stormmee Cat anecdotes 6 October 2nd 07 09:13 AM
taking the plunge - moral support Sue[_2_] Cat anecdotes 36 September 9th 07 02:10 PM
[OT] Moral Dilemma Yowie Cat anecdotes 23 July 11th 07 01:12 PM
A kitty fairy tale, with moral Enfilade Cat anecdotes 5 December 5th 04 04:07 PM
Screened patio John Biltz Cat anecdotes 8 March 3rd 04 06:34 AM