First Cat, "Willie", passes away

Old January 6th 09, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Average Joe

Default I lied

On 2009-01-05 21:12:08 -0600, Karen said:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/01...y4700465.shtml

OK OK I'll stop. But check out this pic! Wow, maybe she was relagated to
a carrier, but look at the honor guard!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unle...amily-cat.html

Who knew there were so many pics of India?

http://blogs.reuters.com/frontrow/fi.../indiacat1.jpg

She looks like she was ready to headbutt the doggie.

The way her hair is standing on her back, she looks like she's ready to
give a good swat, if that d*og comes any closer :-)

Old January 6th 09, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default First Cat, "Willie", passes away

On 2009-01-05 18:16:44 -0600, "Kyla =^..^="
said:

"Magic Mood Jeep"
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/05/cat-dies/

Well, she was 18 years old and had a good life but I was according to Fox
News
'Willie" apparently couldn't bear life after the White House'.
'That' was the cause of her demise?

I didn't know the Bush's even had a cat.
I see the Prez walking his 2 d*gs, but never heard a cat mentioned.

Purrs for her safe trip to the Bridge
Kyla

The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

She didn't like a lot of people. She was in the Christmas video a couple
of years ago and there were a few pictures, but I think she got a bit
p*ssy with strangers. She lived quietly in luxury. I believe the bit about
not bearing life after the White House was just some hyperbole. I'm
surprised they even reported it. Now, I sure didn't know they called her
"willie". Wonder why.

I got confused by that, too. Isn't Willie the name of Bush, Sr's former
cat? The one they gave away to a staff member because it didn't like the
dog?

Jill

Old January 6th 09, 12:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2009-01-05 18:16:44 -0600, "Kyla =^..^="
said:

[...]

I stand corrected. The AOL article was a little more forthcoming. I can't
remember the name of Bush, Sr's cat. There was a thread about him/her not
long ago; that kitty has cancer. I think I need coffee!

Jill

Old January 6th 09, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
Cheryl wrote:

"Karen" wrote in message

http://blogs.reuters.com/frontrow/fi.../indiacat1.jpg

She looks like she was ready to headbutt the doggie.

Not to me. She didn't like the dogs, apparently. I think she was
winding up for great big hiss & spit.

--
Joyce ^..^

Maybe "headbutt", like in a Rambo movie India practically had a classic
Halloween Cat pose going in that photo!

Jill

Old January 6th 09, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Average Joe" wrote
| "Cheryl" wrote

| She looks like she was ready to headbutt the doggie.
|
| The way her hair is standing on her back, she looks like she's ready to
| give a good swat, if that d*og comes any closer :-)

A standing tail is usually a friendly sign.

Old January 7th 09, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
RWF[_2_]

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
BTW, my deceased Mom's name was Willi short for Wilma.
Wonder if we should light a Candle for the kitty?

Why not?
The poor cat was not responsible for Bush's failed presidency.

Old January 7th 09, 08:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"RWF"
"Kyla =^..^="
BTW, my deceased Mom's name was Willi short for Wilma.
Wonder if we should light a Candle for the kitty?

Why not?
The poor cat was not responsible for Bush's failed presidency.

Okay, I'll put up a Candle site for her "India"
Kyla

Old January 9th 09, 04:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default Prettier picture here

"Karen"
On 2009-01-05 21:10:30 -0600, Karen:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/01...y4700465.shtml

OK OK I'll stop. But check out this pic! Wow, maybe she was relagated
to a carrier, but look at the honor guard!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unle...amily-cat.html

Awwwww...She also had 3 different names, if you read the article.
The Bush family d*gs are my favorite kind of d*g, Scotties, and I had a
Scottie when I was growing up.
Thanks for the info and pix Karen.
The Obama girls get to get a d*g instead of a kitty.
Kyla

Check out the cover of American Dog:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TA9ZFMoBZM...008WinterS.jpg

(They

can't adopt Baby. She has a home. She sure is cute)