German WeatherCat

Old January 9th 09, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default German WeatherCat

Kreisleriana wrote:
Lupin, a big cuddly tabby, made a surprise entrance in a German weather
report:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7819843.stm

I have difficulty receiving videos on my computer. (They download in
three second segments, taking about two minutes for each download.)
However, despite the title being about the subject cat, the video
appears to be some sort of war story, nothing to do with weather (or a
cat appearing on the set).
Old January 9th 09, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default A youtube version

Here this will work better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP4zaMvV__4

and a quote about it:

The cat, whose name is Lupin, belongs to a staffer who was out of
town. No one knows how Lupin got into the studio. Kachelmann said, “I
noticed him when he rubbed against my leg and thought people might
wonder what was happening. I figured it would be easier to control the
cat by picking him up. Cats get annoyed if they feel ignored. So I made
sure he didn’t feel ignored.”
I am pretty sure Kachelmann is a Cat Guy.

Old January 10th 09, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shel-hed[_2_]

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 14:21:38 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

I have difficulty receiving videos on my computer. (They download in
three second segments, taking about two minutes for each download.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFyDJytTZyg

Click pause and wait a few minutes while it loads. Make a cup of tea!
Old January 10th 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

Lupin, a big cuddly tabby, made a surprise entrance in a German weather
report:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7819843.stm

I have difficulty receiving videos on my computer. (They download in
three second segments, taking about two minutes for each download.)

The problem is that the video usually plays faster than it can download,
so it gets ahead of itself. Then it has to wait until more of the file
is downloaded before it can play it. This is very annoying.

This should help: Click the "stop" button. (It won't say "Stop", but will
have either two vertical lines close together, looking a bit like the
number 11, or else a square.) This stops the video from playing. Let the
video download until the progress bar is all the way to the right. Then
click "Start" (same button as the Stop button, but now it has a right-
pointing triangle on it). This way, the script won't be attempting to play
the video while downloading is going on.

However, despite the title being about the subject cat, the video
appears to be some sort of war story, nothing to do with weather (or a
cat appearing on the set).

Patience, patience. It's a 30-second ad that is played before the main
news item. If necessary for healthy blood pressure, hit the mute button
while the ad is playing.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 10th 09, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

Karen wrote:

Here this will work better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP4zaMvV__4

and a quote about it:

The cat, whose name is Lupin, belongs to a staffer who was out of town.
No one knows how Lupin got into the studio. Kachelmann said, “I noticed
him when he rubbed against my leg and thought people might wonder what
was happening. I figured it would be easier to control the cat by
picking him up. Cats get annoyed if they feel ignored. So I made sure he
didn’t feel ignored.”
I am pretty sure Kachelmann is a Cat Guy.

Thanks for that alternative link - I've never been able to see videos on
the Beeb site for some reason.
I laughed out loud seeing the tip of the cat's tail marching across the
bottom of the picture when he first made his entry.
Old January 10th 09, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Karen wrote:
Here this will work better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP4zaMvV__4

and a quote about it:

The cat, whose name is Lupin, belongs to a staffer who was out of town.
No one knows how Lupin got into the studio. Kachelmann said, “I noticed
him when he rubbed against my leg and thought people might wonder what
was happening. I figured it would be easier to control the cat by
picking him up. Cats get annoyed if they feel ignored. So I made sure he
didn’t feel ignored.”
I am pretty sure Kachelmann is a Cat Guy.

They showed this on one of our Finnish news shows last night, too. Yes,
definitely a Cat Guy. Who else would know about cats and being ignored?

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old January 10th 09, 05:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Helen Wheels" wrote in message
news
Karen wrote:

Here this will work better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP4zaMvV__4

and a quote about it:
?The cat, whose name is Lupin, belongs to a staffer who was out of town.
No one knows how Lupin got into the studio. Kachelmann said, "I noticed
him when he rubbed against my leg and thought people might wonder what
was happening. I figured it would be easier to control the cat by picking
him up. Cats get annoyed if they feel ignored. So I made sure he didn't
feel ignored."
I am pretty sure Kachelmann is a Cat Guy.

Thanks for that alternative link - I've never been able to see videos on
the Beeb site for some reason.
I laughed out loud seeing the tip of the cat's tail marching across the
bottom of the picture when he first made his entry.

This is much better-- the BBC copy was cropped so you couldn't see the tail
make its first appearance.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old January 10th 09, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Karen wrote:

Here this will work better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP4zaMvV__4

Kachelmann said, "I
noticed him when he rubbed against my leg and thought people might
wonder what was happening. I figured it would be easier to control the
cat by picking him up. Cats get annoyed if they feel ignored. So I made
sure he didn?t feel ignored."

That's what he was saying as he picked up the cat?

Love the tail sighting.

--
Joyce ^..^