Gremlins

Old September 17th 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Default Gremlins

It had to have been gremlins! I do not remember writing a message
early this morning that appeared under my name. I have removed it and
asked Bettina to remove her response so that it disappears. I'm a
little bit frightened by the fact that I don't remember writing it and
it appears I fell asleep while in the middle of it. OMG, I've never
done anything like that before and I can honestly say I did not have
anything to drink last night so that's not the excuse. Too strange!!

Julie

Old September 17th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"GaDragonfly" wrote in message
ups.com...
It had to have been gremlins! I do not remember writing a message
early this morning that appeared under my name. I have removed it and
asked Bettina to remove her response so that it disappears. I'm a
little bit frightened by the fact that I don't remember writing it and
it appears I fell asleep while in the middle of it. OMG, I've never
done anything like that before and I can honestly say I did not have
anything to drink last night so that's not the excuse. Too strange!!

Julie

I'm just relieved you are feeling better now.

Stress can do strange things. (So can Ambien, but I don't know if you ever
take that)

Sleep better tonight.

Jo

Old September 17th 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-09-16 20:33:12 -0500, GaDragonfly said:

It had to have been gremlins! I do not remember writing a message
early this morning that appeared under my name. I have removed it and
asked Bettina to remove her response so that it disappears. I'm a
little bit frightened by the fact that I don't remember writing it and
it appears I fell asleep while in the middle of it. OMG, I've never
done anything like that before and I can honestly say I did not have
anything to drink last night so that's not the excuse. Too strange!!

Julie

Emotional stress comes out in very funny ways. Do not worry about it.
You are talking to the person who woke up to find a tub of parmesean
cheese with red wine vinegar poured into it like milk on cereal and a
spoon sitting by a chair. Totally done in sleep during a stressful
period at work. I then remembered trying to EAT it in my sleep.

Old September 17th 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

GaDragonfly wrote:
It had to have been gremlins! I do not remember writing a message
early this morning that appeared under my name. I have removed it and
asked Bettina to remove her response so that it disappears. I'm a
little bit frightened by the fact that I don't remember writing it and
it appears I fell asleep while in the middle of it. OMG, I've never
done anything like that before and I can honestly say I did not have
anything to drink last night so that's not the excuse. Too strange!!

I'm glad I read this message before I read the other one (I'm afraid it
wasn't removed from my news server), or I would have been seriously
worried. It is strange what stress can do to you. {{{Julie}}} I hope the
kitties are looking after you.

Old September 17th 07, 06:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Karen wrote:

Emotional stress comes out in very funny ways. Do not worry about it.
You are talking to the person who woke up to find a tub of parmesean
cheese with red wine vinegar poured into it like milk on cereal and a
spoon sitting by a chair. Totally done in sleep during a stressful
period at work. I then remembered trying to EAT it in my sleep.

LOL!! No wonder you woke up! That sounds disgusting. The unconcious
works in very bizarre ways.

I had sort of the opposite experience once. I woke up, and thought I
heard Smudge crying *outside*. This was back in the days when I used
to let her go out on a leash tied to the stairwell by my front door.
But never when I was going to bed. So I figured I was imagining things,
and that her meowing was actually coming from the living room.

Then I went into the living room, and heard her cry again - and this
time, it was quite clear her cries were coming from outside. So I opened
the front door and called to her. Heard more meows, coming from downstairs.

I went down, thinking that I must have put her on the leash while in
my sleep. This was very alarming to me, as I had no recollection of
doing that. I didn't like the idea that I was capable of doing something
that complex without complete presence of mind.

I got to the bottom of the stairs, and there she was, hooked up to the
leash. However, the leash was attached to her collar. She wasn't wearing
her harness (where the leash would have attached to the middle of her
back - much safer). At that point, it seemed plausible that if I had
put her on the leash in my sleep, that's how I would have done it. I think
trying to get her harness on while sleeping would have been too much.

Still, I carried her upstairs, disturbed that I would be sleepwalking
to that degree, and trying as hard as I could to remember my actions.

Then I got to the top of the stairs, and saw the post-it note on my
front door. It was from my neighbor, who had seen Smudge wandering
around outside off-leash, brought her upstairs and rang my doorbell.
When I didn't answer (because I sleep very deeply), he put her on the
leash so at least she wouldn't run away.

So, how did she get outside to begin with? Apparently, she had been
sunning herself in the kitchen window, which faces toward the back
of the house. I had the window open, but there was an outside-mounted
screen attached to the house. And apparently the screen suddenly
popped off and fell to the ground (two stories down), followed by
Smudge, who miraculously was not hurt. The neighbor who lives in the
house behind mine had been sitting on her porch reading, when she heard
the screen pop out and saw the cat fall. She tried to catch Smudge,
but as soon as Smudge hit the ground she took off.

I did take Smudge to the vet to make sure she was OK, and she was
fine. That cat has undoubtedly used up at least 4 of her lives!!

But at least I'm not living a separate life while asleep!

Joyce
Old September 17th 07, 06:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

GaDragonfly wrote:

It had to have been gremlins! I do not remember writing a message
early this morning that appeared under my name. I have removed it and
asked Bettina to remove her response so that it disappears. I'm a
little bit frightened by the fact that I don't remember writing it and
it appears I fell asleep while in the middle of it. OMG, I've never
done anything like that before and I can honestly say I did not have
anything to drink last night so that's not the excuse. Too strange!!

Are you sure one of your cats didn't write it? It looks like cat typing
to me, especially at the end!

Actually, if you took anything to help you sleep last night, you might
have woken up early in a total fog, posted your immediate thoughts about
Jeff, and then sort of faded back to sleep. But that's eerie, I can
understand you feeling a bit unsettled at seeing that.

Purrs for you to feel better soon,
Joyce
Old September 17th 07, 08:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"GaDragonfly" wrote in message
ups.com...
It had to have been gremlins! I do not remember writing a message
early this morning that appeared under my name. I have removed it and
asked Bettina to remove her response so that it disappears. I'm a
little bit frightened by the fact that I don't remember writing it and
it appears I fell asleep while in the middle of it. OMG, I've never
done anything like that before and I can honestly say I did not have
anything to drink last night so that's not the excuse. Too strange!!

Julie

I thought the message seemed a bit strange, especially the way it ended.

Try not to worry too much about it. A couple of decades ago my daughter got
a phone call after she had gone to sleep at night. Her friend mentioned it
the next time she saw her, saying they had talked for about 10 minutes. My
daughter didn't remember getting the call, much less talking for that long.
Stress and/or fatigue can play funny tricks. If it only happens once, it
isn't anything to worry about.

Joy

Old September 17th 07, 10:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

GaDragonfly wrote:
It had to have been gremlins! I do not remember writing a message
early this morning that appeared under my name. I have removed it and
asked Bettina to remove her response so that it disappears. I'm a
little bit frightened by the fact that I don't remember writing it and
it appears I fell asleep while in the middle of it. OMG, I've never
done anything like that before and I can honestly say I did not have
anything to drink last night so that's not the excuse. Too strange!!

Julie

I thought it may have been an email that got accidently posted here, that's
why I didn't respond.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 17th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_2_]

On 2007-09-16 20:33:12 -0500, GaDragonfly said:

It had to have been gremlins! I do not remember writing a message
early this morning that appeared under my name.

snip
Emotional stress comes out in very funny ways. Do not worry about it.
You are talking to the person who woke up to find a tub of parmesean
cheese with red wine vinegar poured into it like milk on cereal and a
spoon sitting by a chair. Totally done in sleep during a stressful
period at work. I then remembered trying to EAT it in my sleep.

Some may remember I'm a retired Army Pharmacy NCO. Many times during
field exercises I'd be the only pharmacy tech, and on call 24/7, and
sleeping in the pharmacy. To make a long story short, one night one
of the wards needed some narcotics and came to the pharmacy. I got up,
opened the safe, typed out a label, did all the paperwork logging the
narcs out and logging them in on the wards records, etc. Next morning
I didn't remember getting up at all. I have to admit I did, though.
Seems that one of my friends who happened to be working on the ward
had his camera and took some pics - oh did I mention I did all this
without bothering to get dressed.

Old September 17th 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 16 Sep, 18:33, GaDragonfly wrote:
It had to have been gremlins! I do not remember writing a message
early this morning that appeared under my name.

Stress can do this- when Dave was first in hospital and I was severely
sleep deprived and stessed out I got home one night made myself a cup
of coffee and went to bed...

The following morning the cats were going spare for their breakfast
and I couldn't find the sack of dried, which I knew I had only just
brought so I put them some wet down and then went to make coffee and
couldn't find the cup

You just know where this is going don't you? Yes the sack of Hills and
my coffee cup (complete with the coffee still in it from the night
before) where sitting in the fridge

This is even weirder because I drink my coffee black so I had no
reason to go into the fridge

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs