Update 2: KFC

Old September 19th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Update 2: KFC

She was awfully unwell yesterday. She is eating soft raw minced beef
tonight, and yes, I know very well that beef is not good for a kitty with
kidney failure but like TED says there is no point trying to get a cat to
eat special kidney food if they won't and just let them eat what they will.
We did try the special food. I was hopeful as she loved it for about 2
weeks and after that no go.

I think we all have to prepare ourselves to lose her soon.
I am so unhappy, I love her and I know the end of her life is approaching so
very soon and there is nothing I can do about it.

Old September 19th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:45:49 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

She was awfully unwell yesterday. She is eating soft raw minced beef
tonight, and yes, I know very well that beef is not good for a kitty with
kidney failure but like TED says there is no point trying to get a cat to
eat special kidney food if they won't and just let them eat what they will.
We did try the special food. I was hopeful as she loved it for about 2
weeks and after that no go.

I think we all have to prepare ourselves to lose her soon.
I am so unhappy, I love her and I know the end of her life is approaching so
very soon and there is nothing I can do about it.

I'm so very sorry, Christina. Nancy and I went through that with DD.
You're right, it's better that she eats whatever she likes, than ignore
the stuff that good for her.

We're thinking about both of you and Boyfie.

Dan
Old September 19th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

So sorry to hear all of that, but such is life. We will purr and
pray that when the time comes she will go peacefully and without
pain. Please keep us updated.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old September 19th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
She was awfully unwell yesterday. She is eating soft raw minced beef
tonight, and yes, I know very well that beef is not good for a kitty with
kidney failure but like TED says there is no point trying to get a cat to
eat special kidney food if they won't and just let them eat what they
will.
We did try the special food. I was hopeful as she loved it for about 2
weeks and after that no go.

I think we all have to prepare ourselves to lose her soon.
I am so unhappy, I love her and I know the end of her life is approaching
so very soon and there is nothing I can do about it.

I think you're absolutely right to give her what she wants.

Hugs and purrs to her, and to you.

Joy

Old September 20th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

you are doing what you can, making her comfortable, and loving her, what
else is better? I am sorry this is hurting you, Lee

Old September 20th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
She was awfully unwell yesterday. She is eating soft raw minced beef
tonight, and yes, I know very well that beef is not good for a kitty with
kidney failure but like TED says there is no point trying to get a cat to
eat special kidney food if they won't and just let them eat what they will.
We did try the special food. I was hopeful as she loved it for about 2
weeks and after that no go.

I think we all have to prepare ourselves to lose her soon.
I am so unhappy, I love her and I know the end of her life is approaching so
very soon and there is nothing I can do about it.

Purrs coming for KFC to bounch back. I agree with the decision to feed
her what she will eat over trying to force her to eat the special food.

Old September 20th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Words can't express...I just wish I could give you a big, fat healing hug
right now. You and Kitty too.

Whatever happens, she will go to her "retirement" knowing she is well-loved,
and mightily so.

We're here, all of us...and I'm saying my prayers for you both, for the love
and strength you need.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 20th 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

What Baha said!

But Mimi would like me to add that she wishes Boyfie's "sister" well, and
his mommy too!

Christina Websell wrote:
She was awfully unwell yesterday. She is eating soft raw minced beef
tonight, and yes, I know very well that beef is not good for a kitty with
kidney failure but like TED says there is no point trying to get a cat to
eat special kidney food if they won't and just let them eat what they
will.
We did try the special food. I was hopeful as she loved it for about 2
weeks and after that no go.

I think we all have to prepare ourselves to lose her soon.
I am so unhappy, I love her and I know the end of her life is approaching
so
very soon and there is nothing I can do about it.

http://www.firstgiving.com/nalee1131964
About my charity:
Monroe County Humane Association
Established in 1956, the MCHA is the longest standing animal welfare
organization in Monroe County. The MCHA is dedicated to "Leading, Advocating
and Educating for Animal Welfare."
Find out more at www.monroehumane.org.

Old September 20th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
She was awfully unwell yesterday. She is eating soft raw minced beef
tonight, and yes, I know very well that beef is not good for a kitty with
kidney failure but like TED says there is no point trying to get a cat to
eat special kidney food if they won't and just let them eat what they
will.
We did try the special food. I was hopeful as she loved it for about 2
weeks and after that no go.

I think we all have to prepare ourselves to lose her soon.
I am so unhappy, I love her and I know the end of her life is approaching
so very soon and there is nothing I can do about it.

I know you can only be so prepared. And that you will treasure her for as
long as she is semi-ok.

Lots of purrs from our two that the rest of her life be gentle to you and to
her.

Jo

Old September 20th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Of course you must give her whatever food she wants. I'm so sorry to
hear she seems to be going downhill but am sending purrs for her to
spring back.
Hugs,
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Christina Websell wrote:
She was awfully unwell yesterday. She is eating soft raw minced beef
tonight, and yes, I know very well that beef is not good for a kitty
with kidney failure but like TED says there is no point trying to get
a cat to eat special kidney food if they won't and just let them eat
what they will. We did try the special food. I was hopeful as she
loved it for about 2 weeks and after that no go.

I think we all have to prepare ourselves to lose her soon.
I am so unhappy, I love her and I know the end of her life is
approaching so very soon and there is nothing I can do about it.

OT BF update May 31 [email protected] Cat anecdotes 16 June 7th 07 10:16 PM
UPDATE #3 Update #2 Update sigh (was Almost had a Ping-Brother (this would make cat #13)) Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 7 June 5th 07 10:41 PM
Update Tara K. Cat anecdotes 22 May 8th 05 05:38 AM
ANOTHER UPDATE UPDATE Tomorrow Adrian Cat anecdotes 2 August 6th 04 07:27 PM
Another Dad Update Lucy's Mom Cat anecdotes 22 October 27th 03 05:07 PM