KFC has improved!

Old September 26th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default KFC has improved!

Firstly, thank you to everyone who has posted purrs and prayers for her and
those who don't have time to say so but do it anyway (I am often in this
category myself.)
Secondly, here is the update I promised "after the weekend." No improvement
by Monday would have meant a TED visit for sure.

Kitty was so poorly that I really did think it would soon be the end for
her. I have had several dogs with CRF that I kept going for a long time but
it always got them in the end, and I thought I recognised that downward
spiral of refusing to eat anything much, depression and lethargy that comes
with end-stage CRF.

However, whatever you lot were doing, keep doing it! It seems to be
working.
She is so much better than the dying cat she was last week. She presents
herself for breakfast and dinner again - could be to do with the extremely
expensive food she is now eating :-) No, I am just joking about that.
It has been my experience in CRF (with dogs) when they are beginning to get
into "I will not eat ordinary food" it is a sign that you won't have them
too much longer. At the moment KFC is eating (not all of it, though) the
poshest, most expensive tiny tins of really special cat food.

However...Boyfriend managed to catch a collared dove for her at last.
Normally, in full health it would take her two meals to eat it, i.e. one
day, all day on and off. I left the remains and she cleared it up the next
morning.
She has really improved since she ate it.
I am such a cat slave ;-) Most folks would clear out the body of a dove in
their house, but me, no, I assess if there is enough left on it for KFC to
want to eat later.
My neighbour came round 5 minutes after I got home from work to see a house
full of feathers as Boyfie caught it while I was at work. A little
embarrassing re housekeeping, I suppose. Do I care? No.

Tweed

Old September 26th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Sep 26, 3:02 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

Yes, you are *such* a good slave.
I do love hearing that KFC has perked up. For her, and for your sake,
but for
selfish reasons, too. It really gives me hope that Yoda will be around
much, much longer.

Sherry

Old September 26th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

[...]

Amazing old girl, isn't she??! I hope you have her for a long time to come
(although we all know it's never long enough)!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 26th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

That's excellent news. Thank you, Boyfie, for your efforts!

Old September 26th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

However, whatever you lot were doing, keep doing it! It seems to be
working.

Definitely keeping it up on this end! Especially from Kitty's admirer
Licky. I'm so glad that she is doing better.

And yay, Boyfriend! What a gallant soul.

Joyce
Old September 26th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

And yay, Boyfriend! What a gallant soul.

I nearly gave him away to any kind cat person that would have him. I just
did not want another cat at that time. I had no takers so I kept him.

He is wonderful. He will live here as long as I do.

Old September 26th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

I'm so glad she's eating! That dove will do wonders toward the healing
process, I'm sure.

Joy

Old September 26th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Sep 26, 4:02 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs continuing to come across from my group for KFC as well
as mmrrrps and yows of congratulations to Boyfie for collaring a
collard dove for her. I agree with you, what's a few feathers among
friends when it makes KFC feel better. I'm hoping she continues to
feel this well and even better for a long time to come.

Julie

Old September 26th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

wrote:
[...]

YAY!!!!! This is the first and best post I've seen today.

Pam S. happy dancing

Old September 26th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

[...]

So pleased about KFC!! We will keep up the purrs.