I am still shaking

Old August 5th 09, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default I am still shaking

I just had one of the worse moments in my life Since Jan of 2008.

As you all know phantom is not doing good. He is still eating drinking and
going to the bathroom normal but I think it is getting in the last part of
his life. I have been dreading going out to work or errands and coming home
to find him dead.

Well I had to flea bomb my room. For the last couple weeks we have been
battling fleas. It has been raining down much that everyone are having pest
problems. The pest are being forced into the dry areas; our homes. All
resources spent doing the battle .It well last week I had to bomb my
room. Phantom has been staying in one area so he was not happy when I
moved him last time. So when I opened the door he came running back to his
spot.

Well the fleas came back and this time I said Heck with it. I am smoking
the room. I used 4 of those heavy smoke flea bombs that get everywhere. I
had to move him out so he was not happy. When I came home he was no where
to be found. The worse thought entered my mind. I could not find him for
over 30 minutes. I finally found him under a chair couch. He was not
moving. My heart stopped. I have been yelling his name since I got home.
Doing his special whistle. Nothing No Phantom. I reached down and said
Please not today. Not when I was not here. Not while he was alone. I
touched His tail. That head popped up and my tears began to flow. I picked
him up and said thank you to who was listening.

He ran back to his spot and is still there like nothing happened. I don't
know if I mad, relieved, shocked, tearful all in the same moment. All I
know is he is still here and I hope for a long time to come

Old August 5th 09, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Matthew wrote:
[...]

The b*st*rd cat trick is alive and well. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 5th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
[...]

What a terrible feeling. Soothing purrs for both of you.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old August 5th 09, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

a suitable ******* cat trick to punish the hoomin for disturbing his nap
time, i am happy for you , Lee
ng.com...

Old August 6th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Aug 5, 1:26*pm, "Adrian" wrote:
Matthew wrote:
[...]

Cats leave pawprints on your hearthttp://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk

Ouch, that has to be the WORST kind of ******* cat trick

Kristi
Old August 6th 09, 12:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Why are you so worried about Phantom if he is eating and drinking
normally? How old is he?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old August 6th 09, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
[...]

Something vaguely similar happened to me with Sneaker where I thought he had
died. I cried "NO" and picked him up, hugging his body close to me, crying.
It took a few seconds, but he picked up his head and looked at me like "what
the hell are you going on about now, geesh, let me finish my nap".

The relief is so incredible, it's another adrenaline rush.

I am so glad for your happy ending. Now breathe.
Karla

Old August 6th 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Aug 5, 4:16*pm, "Matthew" wrote:

He ran back to his spot *and is still there like nothing happened. *I don't
know *if I mad, relieved, shocked, tearful all in the same moment. *All I
know is he is still here and I hope for a long time to come

Purrs for you both! Your poor nerves are so in need as well as
Phantom's health. Good to know he's spry enough to pull a b@$t@rd cat
trick yet. Will continue good vibes for you two.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old August 6th 09, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Almost 16 with hyperthyroidism. Just a couple months ago when he got his
full blood work. The vet said he was in early stages of liver and kidney
failure. He has lost a lot of weight. He is not eating like a horse like
he used to. I have to shoved the food under his nose to eat which is only a
couple bites. Today he had an accident; a bowel movement.

He is not going anywhere except to get some water, bathroom ( which I am
watching him closely on that) maybe come over to me for a couple scratches
than right back to the same spot.

He has never hid under any furniture EVER. He has never not come when I do
his special whistle. He has never not come out when I called EVER.