Any suggestions? cone

Old June 23rd 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Default Any suggestions? cone

Joy wrote:
Has anybody had to deal with a cone on a cat? I'm about to lose my mind.
Nanki-Poo has a nasty sore on the back of his neck, as well as some places
on the front where he scratched the area where he lost his hair because of
the radiation treatments.

Aside from the fact that the doctor is suspicious that the sore might be a
recurrence of his cancer (She did a biopsy today), the biggest problem is
that he scratches both the back and front of his neck. The put on a little
sleeve thing (like part of a sock with no toe) that goes over his neck, and
then a cone. By the time I got him home from the vet's (about a 5-minute
drive), he had both off. I put back on, but he's already got the sleeve out
from under the cone, and is doing his best to get the cone off again. Has
anybody dealt with anything like this, and if so, do you have any
suggestions?

Lots of purrs for you and Nanki-Poo. I sure hope that the biopsy comes
back negative.

Susan M
Otis and Chester