"lost" kitten purrs please?

Old November 4th 03, 09:01 AM
Yoj

I have long since come to the conclusion that if a cat doesn't want to
be found, or caught, it is virtually impossible to find, or catch said
cat.

--
Joy

"You can never do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it
will be too late." _Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
Glad she is OK. This is life as I know it with a cat. My spouse

seems to believe
despite evidence to the contrary that if the cat is in the house, we

can find it.
I've learned that as fast as I learn where the cat can hide for a nap,

she finds
another spot.

Which is why I want the cat in the carrier at least 15 minutes before

we absolutely,
positively must leave for the vet.

Jo
--
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who
insisted we invent houses and discover fire." -- Khiem Tran
"Jette Goldie" wrote in message

"Lois Reay" wrote in message

"Jette Goldie" wrote in message

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Is she big enough to eat solid food? In that case I would

suggest you
rattle
the box with dry cat food in it, that usually got Soncek's

attention
pretty
quickly. If not, then I am sending lots of best wishes for

Jaylo to be
found
really soon and Soncek is purring for it, too,

I suggested that - but she'd just had her meal a short while
ago.

In that case she has probably gone somewhere to sleep it off.
Purrs for a safe return.

Found! She was indeed sleeping - she'd managed to get *behind*
the cabinet under the sink.

Now her meowmie is very very .... drained.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old November 4th 03, 10:02 AM
Jeanette

Jo Firey wrote in message
Glad she is OK. This is life as I know it with a cat. My spouse seems to

believe
despite evidence to the contrary that if the cat is in the house, we can

find it.
I've learned that as fast as I learn where the cat can hide for a nap, she

finds
another spot.

Which is why I want the cat in the carrier at least 15 minutes before we

absolutely,
positively must leave for the vet.

Jo
--

This is true. I live in a modern house with very few nooks and crannies, and
still manage to lose cats on a regular basis. I'm a little paranoid because

Old November 4th 03, 10:07 AM
Jeanette

Sherry wrote in message
Glad Jaylo was found!! Kittens can get in the smallest places.
I lost a fosterkitty once and it waas awful. I noticed that the screen was
torn, and had conjured up this horrible scenario that a neighborhood tom

cat
had gotten her. (I had just watched "A Cry in the Dark" and was suffering

from
dingo-got-my-baby overactive imagination I guess). I looked everywhere,

even
outside, and had gotten to the point I was really looking for a body, not

live kitty.
Marilyn was curled up asleep under a bookcase the whole time.

Sherry

Foster kittens! The Magnificant Madeleine once managed to crawl through a
tiny hole in the webbing underneath the sofa, and go to sleep inside it. I
didn't find her until she woke up and started to yowl because she'd
forgotten where she was. Ade and I had to turn the sofa over very carefully
to make sure she didn't get squished, then cut the webbing open even further
so that I could get my arm in and rescue her.

And last year, Fred was nowhere to be seen in the garage, although I could
hear her yelling at me. It was several minutes before I thought of looking
UP. There she was, ten feet in the air in the rafters, damn kitten, politely
asking me to get her down again because she was bored.

I never have this trouble with boy kittens, I must say.

Old November 4th 03, 05:58 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Jette Goldie"
wrote:

Little "Jaylo" the kitten is nowhere to be seen. Her meowmie
called me a short while ago in a panic because she couldn't
find the kitten and was terrified that kitty had gotten into the
washing machine when she filled it earlier. I rushed down
and unpacked the machine - no kitty (thank Bast!) but
after an hour of searching neither of us can find the kitten.
She has to be *somewhere* in the house - but it's an old
house, with hundreds of hiding places for small kittens
that grown women couldn't search. I've managed to calm
my friend down and persuaded her to sit down calmly with
a cup of tea - maybe when there aren't two big humans
tromping about yelling "here kitty!" she'll come out of her
hiding place.

Purrs that she's found by the time you read this.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.
Old November 4th 03, 07:24 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:02:19 -0000, "Jeanette"
wrote:

Jo Firey wrote in message
[...]

Other times, they kind of blend into the background. I swear that
TuTu has an on and off switch that makes her invisible. MLB
Old November 4th 03, 08:07 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 07:11:15 +0200, "Marina"
wrote:

"David Stevenson" wrote

Fifteen minutes!!!! Hah!!!!!

When Quango RB was with us he would wander off looking bored and
sleepy about an hour and a half before a vet visit. That was it - lost.

Just when it was too late and we had phoned the vet he would reappear
looking pleased with himself.

That reminds me of the time I was taking the cats back home from the island
one summer. I didn't have the heart to shut them up, but trusted that they
would be sleeping inside in the afternoon, as they always do. But of course,
there were no cats to be seen when my sister's family had packed the boat
and were ready to leave. I looked high and low, but couldn't find them.
Finally I told my sister to go ahead, I would have to stay on for a few days
with the cats, and take a taxi boat then.

As the sound of the boat engine died away in the distance, both cats
casually wandered back home and settled down for a nap. But this time the
hoomin was sneaky. She shut all doors and windows, called sis on her mobile
phone and asked her if she would come back, and since they hadn't gone very
far, they did turn back and came and fetched me and two very offended and
upset cats.

Now I always shut the cats inside several hours before we are scheduled to
leave.

Oh those sneaky hoomins ;-((

Rocky, who also hates trips in carriers - though never been on a boat
--
Steve Touchstone,
remove Junk for email
Old November 4th 03, 08:18 PM
Takayuki

"Jette Goldie" wrote:
Poor Linda was so worried - she had quite convinced herself
that the kitten was IN the washing machine, which had gone
through half a cycle by that time. My main job was to open the
machine and reassure her there was no small limp wet kitten
body among her son's jeans. Which thankfully there was not!
(dunno quite how *I* would have coped with that scenario
either!)

What a terrible thought! Unfortunately, it sounds all too possible.
I've heard terrible stories about kittens and dryers, too. At least
refrigerators are relatively safe, if you snack a lot.

Old November 4th 03, 08:56 PM
ann

Purrs that Jaylo is found soon.

Ann

Jette Goldie wrote:

Little "Jaylo" the kitten is nowhere to be seen. Her meowmie
called me a short while ago in a panic because she couldn't
find the kitten and was terrified that kitty had gotten into the
washing machine when she filled it earlier. I rushed down
and unpacked the machine - no kitty (thank Bast!) but
after an hour of searching neither of us can find the kitten.
She has to be *somewhere* in the house - but it's an old
house, with hundreds of hiding places for small kittens
that grown women couldn't search. I've managed to calm
my friend down and persuaded her to sit down calmly with
a cup of tea - maybe when there aren't two big humans
tromping about yelling "here kitty!" she'll come out of her
hiding place.

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old November 5th 03, 05:28 AM
Christine Burel

got to this thread late but I'm so glad the outcome was a happy one! Purrs
and medicinal chocolate for the drained meowmie!
Christine