Quick mail

Old July 3rd 11, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Quick mail

Dear Nüle

To say hello and hope everything is well with you. I'm having dreadful
problems with my internet connection, it came on just a few minutes ago so
I'm mailing while I can.

It's off more than it's on, atm.

My last Appenzeller hen died a couple of days ago overnight. No illness
just old age, I guess. I knew there was something wrong as neither Apps
were in the run when I went to feed them. The cock was standing beside her
body in the hut and didn't come out even when he knew his breakfast was
there. I've never known that before.
He didn't come out for more than 2 hours after I took her away but after
that he ate and drank as normal. He seems fine in health (but so did she,
so who knows, they are very old now.)
So I'm down to 2 cocks, Sicilian & Appenzeller, and my one remaining
ex-battery hen who has not laid since 28 June. She looks like she should be
laying, fine red comb, eating well etc, but this is the 2nd time she has
stopped for a few weeks this year and after all hybrids are not bred to lay
for 4 years are they?
I am planning to get 3 more hybrid hens soon, just to provide me with eggs
for myself. 3 seems a good number to get in case one dies (they can be
delicate creatures) so the other one isn't left alone. I won't put them in
with Rose, my remaining ex-batt, or at least not at first.

Shoulder is not much better painwise or function-wise since I last told you
about it. I am still doing my exercises. The big swelling I have on my
upper arm which is very painful needs to be addressed by my surgeon (who
dismissed it last time as not being important) as it was not my hand.

It is actually *very* important because 1. it hurts every moment of every
day and 2. it prevents my physiotherapist doing what she needs to do to
help me get full function back.

Well, this was not such a quick post after all ;-)

A quick goodbye before my router ducks out again then..

your friend
Tina

My last

Old July 3rd 11, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

AAARGH!
Sorry, all please ignore.
Tweed

Old July 3rd 11, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

On Jul 3, 4:19*pm, "Christina Websell" wrote:
AAARGH!
Sorry, *all please ignore.
Tweed
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Dear N le
[...]

How ironic; being in a big hurry just like I was when I inadvertently
bunched
three posts into one and you read my mistake which included two other
posters here. Don't sweat it.
Sometimes my speed reading gets the better of me....at first read I
thought it
was "Appetizer hen" (urk). Condolences for your hen loss.

Old July 4th 11, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"hopitus" wrote in message
[...]

-------
No condolences necessary, but thank you anyway. I like my chickens but I do
not love them. She had a good life of 9 years which is a huge age for a hen.
This is what she looked like:
http://search.orange.co.uk/mediaredi....gif&pictitle=
Chicken Breeds - Appenzeller &picname= Chicken Breeds - Appenzeller
Spitzhauben Chicken
&picweight=24kb&fullsize=http://www.chickencoopadvice.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/appenzeller-barthuhner.gif&pagefrom=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chickenco opadvice.com%2Fappenzeller-spitzhauben-chicken%2F&height=300&width=300&geom=300x300
- chicken breeds - appenzeller spitzhauben chicken
&pge=1&pos=5&size=&imtype=

You'll have to paste this.

She's the last of my rare breed hens. I used to have a number of rare
chickens breed and used to rear and sell them plus fertile eggs for many
years. I think I did a reasonable job of spreading them around the UK to
ensure their survival.
Once I started needing operations and hospital stays in 2001 I scaled it all
down and allowed them to live out their lives and die naturally.
I still have a Sicilian Buttercup male and an Appenzeller chap both hatched
pre 2004.
I do miss it, but given my prediliction for going blind, getting cancer,
breaking my ribs etc, it's sensible to give up having 18 huts of chickens
and just have 3 more to lay eggs for myself.
I have to say my neighbours ere good about when I had 17 cockerels crowing
their heads off. They never said a word about it.

Tweed

Quick updates Cheryl Cat anecdotes 2 May 13th 09 09:57 PM
A quick test Sylvia M[_5_] Cat community 0 August 18th 08 05:20 AM
Quick request Kathy[_2_] Cat anecdotes 3 April 20th 07 01:15 PM
Could use a quick TED purr. Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 19 January 3rd 07 09:14 PM
Need advice quick [email protected] Cat rescue 9 March 17th 06 01:30 AM