I've tried everything

Old January 23rd 13, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I've tried everything

In a litter box for Boyfriend. Normal kitty litter. Crystals. Earth and
leaves that he normally uses outside.
He refuses to use it.
If he cannot get outside in 4 inches of snow and frozen ground I am OK about
him using the bath.
If I could not have used my toilet I would probably have done the same
thing.

Old January 25th 13, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 23:59:36 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

In a litter box for Boyfriend. Normal kitty litter. Crystals. Earth and
leaves that he normally uses outside.
He refuses to use it.
If he cannot get outside in 4 inches of snow and frozen ground I am OK about
him using the bath.
If I could not have used my toilet I would probably have done the same
thing.

That really is being stubborn. Does it matter whether the LB is
covered or open? Maybe a nice dark cave type of thing?
Old January 25th 13, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

In a litter box for Boyfriend. Normal kitty litter. Crystals. Earth and
leaves that he normally uses outside.
He refuses to use it.
If he cannot get outside in 4 inches of snow and frozen ground I am OK
about
him using the bath.
If I could not have used my toilet I would probably have done the same
thing.

That really is being stubborn. Does it matter whether the LB is
covered or open? Maybe a nice dark cave type of thing?

It's only for emergencies for big snow and wild rain as he prefers the
outdoors so - as he refuses his litter box in a quiet place, I accept a poo
in the bath in extreme circumstances.
Very easy to clean up, and never mentioned.
It would be different if he used the bath because he could not be bothered
to take himself outside when he has a litter box in normal weather. That
*would* be mentioned.
Big snow and huge rain is an excuse not to use the outside.

How do I mention things to him? That's for another day and another post.
Tweed

Old January 26th 13, 06:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

[...]

May I jump in with just a thought?
Litterbox in the tub might work.
That way he has a choice, and might compromise.
I wouldn't try just litter in the tub, too large a plumbing bill!

Sylvia M.

Old January 26th 13, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/26/2013 1:59 AM, Sylvia M wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

[...]

What a marvelous idea! At least put it there on days when the weather
is so bad you know he won't want to go out.

Jill
Old January 26th 13, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Sylvia M" wrote in message ...

May I jump in with just a thought?
Litterbox in the tub might work.
That way he has a choice, and might compromise.
I wouldn't try just litter in the tub, too large a plumbing bill!

Sylvia M.

~~~~~~~~
If it were me, I would rather clean the bathtub on the rare occasions when
Boyfie uses it than to have to lift the litter box out (and back in) every
time I took a bath or shower. Tweed has had a lot of surgery, so I suspect
that also might be difficult for her

MaryL

Old January 26th 13, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLBriggs

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 08:18:02 -0600, MaryL wrote:

"Sylvia M" wrote in message ...

May I jump in with just a thought?
Litterbox in the tub might work.
That way he has a choice, and might compromise.
I wouldn't try just litter in the tub, too large a plumbing bill!

Sylvia M.

~~~~~~~~
If it were me, I would rather clean the bathtub on the rare occasions when
Boyfie uses it than to have to lift the litter box out (and back in) every
time I took a bath or shower. Tweed has had a lot of surgery, so I suspect
that also might be difficult for her

MaryL

If her house is as cold as it sounds, I doubt she uses the tub very often. When Princess (RB16) first came to me,
placed newspapers under the litter pan in the shower stall. After I broke my hip and could no longer use the tub, I moved the litter pan iunder the pullman sink.
When I showed this change to Princess, she looked it over, then walked to the shower stall and looked in. She looked at me'\and clearly meowed "OK, I understand".
There was no trouble with the switch. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
You are right about the tub being easier for \christina. But as her Boyfriend gets older, he may want to stay in more.
Whatever -- best wishes to all. MLB plastic might be preferable today to place in the tub.
Old January 27th 13, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

[...]

That's worth a try. I'm not sure whether he just doesn't like litterboxes,
no matter what they are filled with, or where I put them. His l b is in the
bathroom anyway, so it's quiet and I would not see him use it so it may not
work.
Thank you for that thought, Sylvia.
Once, years go, I saw a Tv programme, one of those "these are the most
dreadful houses we had to clean up."
The woman involved had couple of cats and her bath was filled to the brim
with cat faeces so it is obviously a favoured place for kitties to use.

What was different from my situation was that her cats did not have a
litterbox just next to her bath. They didn't have one at all.
Tweed

Old January 27th 13, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

[...]

I will definitely try this.
Tweed

Old January 27th 13, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Sylvia M" wrote in message ...

May I jump in with just a thought?
Litterbox in the tub might work.
That way he has a choice, and might compromise.
I wouldn't try just litter in the tub, too large a plumbing bill!

Sylvia M.

~~~~~~~~
If it were me, I would rather clean the bathtub on the rare occasions when
Boyfie uses it than to have to lift the litter box out (and back in) every
time I took a bath or shower. Tweed has had a lot of surgery, so I
suspect that also might be difficult for her

MaryL

I could still lift a litterbox out of the bath, but tbh I am not sure he
would use it anyway.
I do not know why he refuses to use a litter box but he just won't.
He was not a feral cat and I have no idea where he came from.
He would have rapidly gone feral if not for KFC inviting him here and was
half way to that.
How do I know he was not a feral? Because of his fantastic very expensive
collar.
Pity they didn't spend their money on getting him neutered and microchipped,
so they lost him forever.

If I get another vacancy, I would get a wandering boy whose people hadn't
been bothered to get him snipped.
They just go for miles looking for girls and get lost, and in fights or get
killed by traffic.

I got him his snip and after that he is content to remain here.
I doubt he appreciated it at the time.
Tweed