OT - If there is an afterlife...

Old June 21st 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default OT - If there is an afterlife...

CatNipped wrote:

who would you most like to meet and talk to there (besides the
supreme being)?

Assuming there is a supreme being, that is...

I'd like to see my grandmother - dad's mom. I never told her that I
appreciated her when she was alive. Actually, to be honest, I didn't
appreciate her, so how could I have told her? That didn't come until
much later.

I'd like to see my cat Silkie, who died at age 3 of FIP in 1982. She
was my first cat as an adult, and was a true heart-cat. She was hard
to live with, or maybe I should say that it was hard for my roommates
to live with her, because she refused to use the litterbox. I tried
everything I could think of to solve the problem, but she never stopped
pooping on the floor near the box, and peeing there or wherever.
Looking back on it, I realize that she was probably just intimidated
by the other cats. Wish I had the chance to live with just her - she
probably would have been a happy only cat.

Famous people, hmm... well, I was always sorry that I was too young
to meet Martin Luther King before he died. And Emma Goldman is another
of my heroes. I've always liked the fact that although she was an
anarchist, she wasn't too hard-line to appreciate art and beauty.
Here's a quote from her, one of my favorites: "I want freedom, the right
to self expression, everyone's right to beautiful radiant things."

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones who come to mind at the
moment. Oh, Harvey Milk. He was a supervisor of the city of San Francisco
in the 70s (supervisors are basically city council, etc) and was the first
to be openly gay. He reached out to many different communities and was
well-loved by people all over the city. Assassinated in 1978. This was
long before I moved to this area, so I never got to meet him.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old June 22nd 08, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:

who would you most like to meet and talk to there (besides the
supreme being)?

I've tried to resist this as you'll think I'm very odd. There again I am.

Apart from my paternal grandmother whom I've only begun to think of as
interesting in recent years, she was a suffragette in her young days. (Yes
I am quite old but she was 40 years old when she had my dad) She was
strict with me but not my elder sister which I resented but thinking about
it now I realise it was because I was more serious and capable while my
sister was only interested in playing. My grandmother was a serious and
capable lady. (She seemed quite awesome to me, not that my sister noticed)

I would obviously want to meet all my pets.

I would love to meet and talk to Queen Elizabeth 1st (again a very strong
and awesome lady) and Anne Boleyn.

As I said strange but there it is.

I'd like to meet your grandmother too. Your other choices would also be
interesting. I don't think they're all that strange.

Pam S.

Old June 23rd 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Judith Latham wrote:
CatNipped wrote:

who would you most like to meet and talk to there (besides the
supreme being)?

I've tried to resist this as you'll think I'm very odd. There again I am.

Apart from my paternal grandmother whom I've only begun to think of as
interesting in recent years, she was a suffragette in her young days. (Yes
I am quite old but she was 40 years old when she had my dad) She was
strict with me but not my elder sister which I resented but thinking about
it now I realise it was because I was more serious and capable while my
sister was only interested in playing. My grandmother was a serious and
capable lady. (She seemed quite awesome to me, not that my sister noticed)

I don't think these are strange, but maybe I'm strange too.

I don't believe in an afterlife, but if there was one, I would like to
meet my mum's paternal grandmother. What induced a lady born and bred in
London to move to Finland and marry a civil engineer in the 1890s?

Naturally I'd like to see Dad. We'd have a lot of catching up to do.

All the cats that went before Frank and Nikki. I still dream about F&N.
Just the other day I dreamed about them, and I got to stroke Nikki, and
tell her what a pretty little girl she is. The fact that she turned a
bright glowing pink for a while didn't faze me one bit. She turned back
to her normal, mostly black, before the dream ended.