Herrings milt

Old June 20th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Herrings milt

Well, I saw a two pots of it in the supermarket the other day and I bought
it for KFC, I thought it would be some sort of roe, soft and fishy taste to
tempt her appetite.
I took advice from the internet, and poached it.
She did eat the first lot, but threw it up several hours later.

She must have read what I did a bit later. It's the sperm sacs of male
herrings. Boyfie did look at it and said no way Jose.
Apparently some humans like to eat it on toast.
We are all going to give it a miss and the other pot will be going in the
bin. Eeewww. I don't think it will catch on here ;-)

Tweed

Old June 20th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
She must have read what I did a bit later. It's the sperm sacs of
male herrings. Boyfie did look at it and said no way Jose.
Apparently some humans like to eat it on toast.
We are all going to give it a miss and the other pot will be going in
the bin. Eeewww. I don't think it will catch on here ;-)

Tweed

Boyfie is smart! Can you take the unopened container to the store for a
refund?

Jill

Old June 20th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Christina Websell wrote:
She must have read what I did a bit later. It's the sperm sacs of
male herrings. Boyfie did look at it and said no way Jose.
Apparently some humans like to eat it on toast.
We are all going to give it a miss and the other pot will be going in
the bin. Eeewww. I don't think it will catch on here ;-)

Tweed

Boyfie is smart! Can you take the unopened container to the store for a
refund?

Not really. They probably think I was stupid to buy it too ;-) It's in the
garbage. It seemed a good idea at the time, I thought Kitty might like it.
Ah, well, we live and learn., eh?
Those of us who have CRF kitties (or d*gs) are continually looking for
something that might take their fancy, as it's so difficult to find
something they might like to eat.

Tweed

Old June 20th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Christina Websell wrote:
bin. Eeewww. I don't think it will catch on here ;-)

Herring is seal food.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 20th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
bin. Eeewww. I don't think it will catch on here ;-)

Herring is seal food.

Kippers are quite nice (smoked herring) but we are grossed out now with the
*milt*
I can't think why Tesco would think even a cat would want to eat herring
sperm sacs, let alone selling it for humans!
Oh, yes, just give me a herring sperm sac to spread on my toast - I think
not. I prefer cheese or a nice pate or even the egg spread that I make
from the eggs I get from my chickens.

Tweed

Old June 21st 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Boyfie is smart!

He is a very sensible cat.

Old June 21st 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Christina Websell wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Boyfie is smart!

He is a very sensible cat.

Mimi say dat Boyfie very smarts, very sesnibuls, and very hansum!

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old June 21st 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Magic Mood Jeep ? wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Boyfie is smart!

He is a very sensible cat.

Mimi say dat Boyfie very smarts, very sesnibuls, and very hansum!

And don't forget what a sweetie he is, too.

--
Joyce - not one of her kitties!

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old June 21st 08, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

Christina Websell wrote:
bin. *Eeewww. *I don't think it will catch on here ;-)

Herring is seal food.

Kippers are quite nice (smoked herring) but we are grossed out now with the
*milt*
I can't think why Tesco would think even a cat would want to eat herring
sperm sacs, let alone selling it for humans!
Oh, yes, just give me a herring sperm sac to spread on my toast - I think
not. * I prefer cheese or a nice pate or even the egg spread that I make
from the eggs I get from my chickens.

Tweed

How about giving me the egg spread recipe? I would love to try that
one out. Never heard of this before. Living in a little rural village
i get lots of eggs from my neighbours for free. But my fantasy of
preparing different dishes out of them is limited to the things I
already know. Egg spread on toast would be a new delight.

Bettina
Old June 21st 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bettina" wrote in message

How about giving me the egg spread recipe? I would love to try that
one out. Never heard of this before. Living in a little rural village
i get lots of eggs from my neighbours for free. But my fantasy of
preparing different dishes out of them is limited to the things I
already know. Egg spread on toast would be a new delight.

__________

I'll try. My German friend Nüle loved my egg spread when she was staying
with me but it involves cheese. It was not easy to reproduce in Germany as
I found when I was over there visiting her. German cheese - and I tried
many varieties of it - is, well, unusual to a Brit shall we say, to be
polite ;-) N also lives in a rural village (20 houses, no shops.)

6 hard boiled eggs
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
10 or so stems of chives cut up finely with scissors
salt and freshly ground coarse black pepper
2 cm cube of mature cheddar cheese, finely grated *

Put your eggs into a large basin and chop them finely with a pointed knife
until they resemble small crumbs. It takes a while (N calls this "the cut
knife meditation") but if you have an old fashioned pastry blender like this
http://www.kitchen-classics.com/pastry.htm it makes it so much easier.
Add the chives and cheese and mix it around a bit, then the salt and pepper,
as much as you like to your own taste, then put the mayonnaise in and stir
it round until it's moist.
It's still ok without the cheese and another variation is to fry some fried
bacon, cut it into very tiny pieces and add that instead.
The cheese version does not work with mild cheese.

I keep my egg spread in the fridge in a glass jar I bought for 20c at a
fleamarket in Germany. It has a rubber seal and a metal clip that keeps it
airtight. It's brilliant. I wish we could get them here, I would buy more
of them.
To get back to the subject of egg spread. It will keep in the fridge for
around 5 days. If it lasts that long.

Tweed