Herrings milt

Old June 21st 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Default Herrings milt

Christina Websell kirjoitti:

I keep my egg spread in the fridge in a glass jar I bought for 20c at a
fleamarket in Germany. It has a rubber seal and a metal clip that keeps it
airtight. It's brilliant. I wish we could get them here, I would buy more
of them.

We have those tight sealing glass jars in Finland too, they're used for
preserves, be it jams or picles or whatever... they're usually more
readily available in the late summer / early autumn when people start
making preserves.
Here's one pic:
http://www.vapaa-aika.com/asp_sivut/...tunnus=T112205
or
http://tinyurl.com/553njl

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old June 21st 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Magic Mood Jeep ? wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Boyfie is smart!

He is a very sensible cat.

Mimi say dat Boyfie very smarts, very sesnibuls, and very hansum!

And don't forget what a sweetie he is, too.

blush from Boyfriend.
Meowmie note: He is a wonderful cat, and has changed my mind (as a previous
d#g owner) as to what cats can really be like. He truly has a beautiful
soul. There is nothing at all about him that is bad.
He is gentle. He doesn't like to be picked up, but if I have to do it, he
just dangles with no resistance at all - unlike KFC - who doesn't mind
giving me a good slash if I do it to her.
If Boyfie ever drew his claws out to me - and he has a full set - I would
know that he was in some sort of extreme pain and could not help it.

Old June 21st 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Christine K" wrote in message
Christina Websell kirjoitti:

I keep my egg spread in the fridge in a glass jar I bought for 20c at a
fleamarket in Germany. It has a rubber seal and a metal clip that keeps
it airtight. It's brilliant. I wish we could get them here, I would buy
more of them.

We have those tight sealing glass jars in Finland too, they're used for
preserves, be it jams or picles or whatever... they're usually more
readily available in the late summer / early autumn when people start
making preserves.
Here's one pic:
http://www.vapaa-aika.com/asp_sivut/...tunnus=T112205
or
http://tinyurl.com/553njl

Yes, mine is like that but a bit smaller. I wish I could buy them here in
the UK. They are all over the place in Germany.

Tweed

Old June 21st 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

[...]

This is a roundabout way... if it works...
You have Lidl shops in the UK, right? Any near where you are?
I was just thinking that at least here in the Lidls they have a paté in
a jar like that (in the cool area with the sausages and hams and such).
So of the UK Lidls happen to carry that same paté, and you happen to
like it even, you're all set for jars...

Old June 21st 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kylatte' =^. .^=`

"Christina Websell"
"jmcquown" ...
Christina Websell wrote:
She must have read what I did a bit later. It's the sperm sacs of
male herrings. Boyfie did look at it and said no way Jose.
Apparently some humans like to eat it on toast.
We are all going to give it a miss and the other pot will be going in
the bin. Eeewww. I don't think it will catch on here ;-)

Tweed

Boyfie is smart! Can you take the unopened container to the store for a
refund?

Not really. They probably think I was stupid to buy it too ;-) It's in
the garbage. It seemed a good idea at the time, I thought Kitty might
like it. Ah, well, we live and learn., eh?
Those of us who have CRF kitties (or d*gs) are continually looking for
something that might take their fancy, as it's so difficult to find
something they might like to eat.

Tweed

None of my cats can eat fish..they puke it up too.
I never tried the fishy eggs they serve...too ewwwwwww for me.
Hug
Kylatte' aka Kyla

Old June 21st 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

I keep my egg spread in the fridge in a glass jar I bought for 20c at a
fleamarket in Germany. It has a rubber seal and a metal clip that keeps it
airtight. It's brilliant. I wish we could get them here, I would buy more
of them.

That sounds like a Ball jar. They're very common in the US. I'm surprised
those are hard to get in the UK.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old June 21st 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 21:28:20 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

I keep my egg spread in the fridge in a glass jar I bought for 20c
at a fleamarket in Germany. It has a rubber seal and a metal clip
that keeps it airtight. It's brilliant. I wish we could get them
here, I would buy more of them.

That sounds like a Ball jar. They're very common in the US. I'm
surprised those are hard to get in the UK.

Is this what it looks like?

http://www.freundcontainer.com/produ...8_A_AIR%2DSEAL

+JARS+%96+GLASS

Yes, that is the same sort of container as the "Ball jar" (a US brand of
home-canning jars). There are also some that have a two-part lid, a flat
disk with heat-sensitive glue around the edge and a ring that holds the
disk in place. In the canning process, when the heat inside the pressure
canner (basically, a large pressure cooker) gets hot enough to sterilize
the contents of the jars, it also melts the glue, sealing the disk in
place. The ring then protects the disk from being accidentally
dislodged. When you are ready to use the contents of the jar, you pry up
the lid, breaking the glue seal. The jars and rings can be washed and
reused in another year's canning process; the flat disk is intended for
one-time-only use, as there is no certainty that the glue will seal
airtight a second time.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old June 21st 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

I keep my egg spread in the fridge in a glass jar I bought for 20c at a
fleamarket in Germany. It has a rubber seal and a metal clip that keeps
it airtight. It's brilliant. I wish we could get them here, I would buy
more of them.

This sort of thing?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nch_kilner.jpg