"lost" kitten purrs please?

Old November 3rd 03, 09:43 PM
Jette Goldie

Default "lost" kitten purrs please?

Little "Jaylo" the kitten is nowhere to be seen. Her meowmie
called me a short while ago in a panic because she couldn't
find the kitten and was terrified that kitty had gotten into the
washing machine when she filled it earlier. I rushed down
and unpacked the machine - no kitty (thank Bast!) but
after an hour of searching neither of us can find the kitten.
She has to be *somewhere* in the house - but it's an old
house, with hundreds of hiding places for small kittens
that grown women couldn't search. I've managed to calm
my friend down and persuaded her to sit down calmly with
a cup of tea - maybe when there aren't two big humans
tromping about yelling "here kitty!" she'll come out of her
hiding place.

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old November 3rd 03, 10:14 PM
Jette Goldie

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Is she big enough to eat solid food? In that case I would suggest you

rattle
the box with dry cat food in it, that usually got Soncek's attention

pretty
quickly. If not, then I am sending lots of best wishes for Jaylo to be

found
really soon and Soncek is purring for it, too,

I suggested that - but she'd just had her meal a short while
ago.

Old November 3rd 03, 10:20 PM
Lois Reay

"Jette Goldie" wrote in message

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Is she big enough to eat solid food? In that case I would suggest you

rattle
the box with dry cat food in it, that usually got Soncek's attention

pretty
quickly. If not, then I am sending lots of best wishes for Jaylo to be

found
really soon and Soncek is purring for it, too,

I suggested that - but she'd just had her meal a short while
ago.

In that case she has probably gone somewhere to sleep it off.
Purrs for a safe return.

Lois

Old November 3rd 03, 10:39 PM
Jette Goldie

"Lois Reay" wrote in message

"Jette Goldie" wrote in message

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Is she big enough to eat solid food? In that case I would suggest you

rattle
the box with dry cat food in it, that usually got Soncek's attention

pretty
quickly. If not, then I am sending lots of best wishes for Jaylo to be

found
really soon and Soncek is purring for it, too,

I suggested that - but she'd just had her meal a short while
ago.

In that case she has probably gone somewhere to sleep it off.
Purrs for a safe return.

Found! She was indeed sleeping - she'd managed to get *behind*
the cabinet under the sink.

Now her meowmie is very very .... drained.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old November 3rd 03, 10:51 PM
Shirley

"Jette Goldie" wrote in message

Found! She was indeed sleeping - she'd managed to get *behind*
the cabinet under the sink.

Now her meowmie is very very .... drained.

I'll get the cats to send their best soothing purrs to her meowmie.
--
Shirley
see my cats at

Old November 3rd 03, 10:52 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

"Lois Reay" wrote in message

[...]

That reminds me of when of when Tennessee was a little kitten (about 4
months old), he got behind our stove via a gap between it and the cabinet.
Almost never found him, exept that he knew his name and meowed back,
followed the sound, and there he was peeping out. I got a yard stick and,
from above, stuck it behind him and 'prodded' him out with it. Since he
ALMOST got stuck back ther, and was scared out of his wits by getting bopped
in the butt from behind (he couldn't turn around where he was), he never
went back there again. That and in a few weeks he couldn't FIT in that gap
anymore.
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old November 3rd 03, 11:12 PM
Jette Goldie

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote

Found! She was indeed sleeping - she'd managed to get *behind*
the cabinet under the sink.

Now her meowmie is very very .... drained.

That reminds me of when of when Tennessee was a little kitten (about 4
months old), he got behind our stove via a gap between it and the cabinet.
Almost never found him, exept that he knew his name and meowed back,
followed the sound, and there he was peeping out. I got a yard stick and,
from above, stuck it behind him and 'prodded' him out with it. Since he
ALMOST got stuck back ther, and was scared out of his wits by getting

bopped
in the butt from behind (he couldn't turn around where he was), he never
went back there again. That and in a few weeks he couldn't FIT in that

gap
anymore.
--

I think this might purrsuade her meowmie to do some "kitten
proofing" - Jaylo is a VERY tiny kitten for her age!

(there's no proper back to that cabinet or doors on the front
of it)

Old November 3rd 03, 11:24 PM
Sherry

Glad Jaylo was found!! Kittens can get in the smallest places.
I lost a fosterkitty once and it waas awful. I noticed that the screen was
torn, and had conjured up this horrible scenario that a neighborhood tom cat
had gotten her. (I had just watched "A Cry in the Dark" and was suffering from
dingo-got-my-baby overactive imagination I guess). I looked everywhere, even
outside, and had gotten to the point I was really looking for a body, not a
live kitty.
Marilyn was curled up asleep under a bookcase the whole time.

Sherry
Old November 3rd 03, 11:25 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Lots of purrs the kitten is found *soon*

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old November 3rd 03, 11:49 PM
Jette Goldie

"Sherry " wrote in message
Glad Jaylo was found!! Kittens can get in the smallest places.
I lost a fosterkitty once and it waas awful. I noticed that the screen was
torn, and had conjured up this horrible scenario that a neighborhood tom

cat
had gotten her. (I had just watched "A Cry in the Dark" and was suffering

from
dingo-got-my-baby overactive imagination I guess). I looked everywhere,

even
outside, and had gotten to the point I was really looking for a body, not

live kitty.
Marilyn was curled up asleep under a bookcase the whole time.

Poor Linda was so worried - she had quite convinced herself
that the kitten was IN the washing machine, which had gone
through half a cycle by that time. My main job was to open the
machine and reassure her there was no small limp wet kitten
body among her son's jeans. Which thankfully there was not!
(dunno quite how *I* would have coped with that scenario
either!)