"lost" kitten purrs please?

Old November 3rd 03, 10:53 PM
Jo Firey

Glad she is OK. This is life as I know it with a cat. My spouse seems to believe
despite evidence to the contrary that if the cat is in the house, we can find it.
I've learned that as fast as I learn where the cat can hide for a nap, she finds
another spot.

Which is why I want the cat in the carrier at least 15 minutes before we absolutely,
positively must leave for the vet.

Jo
--
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who
insisted we invent houses and discover fire." -- Khiem Tran
"Jette Goldie" wrote in message

"Lois Reay" wrote in message

"Jette Goldie" wrote in message

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Is she big enough to eat solid food? In that case I would suggest you
rattle
the box with dry cat food in it, that usually got Soncek's attention
pretty
quickly. If not, then I am sending lots of best wishes for Jaylo to be
found
really soon and Soncek is purring for it, too,

I suggested that - but she'd just had her meal a short while
ago.

In that case she has probably gone somewhere to sleep it off.
Purrs for a safe return.

Found! She was indeed sleeping - she'd managed to get *behind*
the cabinet under the sink.

Now her meowmie is very very .... drained.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old November 3rd 03, 11:47 PM
lrulan

oh dear, we will purr and pray that little Jaylo gets found soon. Please let
us know.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

"Jette Goldie" wrote in message
Little "Jaylo" the kitten is nowhere to be seen. Her meowmie
called me a short while ago in a panic because she couldn't
find the kitten and was terrified that kitty had gotten into the
washing machine when she filled it earlier. I rushed down
and unpacked the machine - no kitty (thank Bast!) but
after an hour of searching neither of us can find the kitten.
She has to be *somewhere* in the house - but it's an old
house, with hundreds of hiding places for small kittens
that grown women couldn't search. I've managed to calm
my friend down and persuaded her to sit down calmly with
a cup of tea - maybe when there aren't two big humans
tromping about yelling "here kitty!" she'll come out of her
hiding place.

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old November 3rd 03, 11:50 PM
lrulan

oh goodness gracious. I would feel drained too.
I remember once when Jazz was just a kitty, DH and I went to Colorado for a
convention and Jazz was left in the care of my daughter who was in high
school at the time. I get a call at about 2 am at the hotel from my daughter
who is hysterically crying because she couldn't find the cat. She said she
went all over the house, down into the basement, etc.
She had the bad habit of leaving the kitchen door which open to the garage
open while she brought her school stuff in. So, I suggested she look in the
garage. Of course Jazz was there, poor thing, after having been locked out
of the house all night. Thank goodness he didn't ingest anything dangerous,
and that the garage door itself was closed when he escaped into the garage.
Jazz & his mama

Old November 4th 03, 12:19 AM
David Stevenson

Jo Firey wrote
Glad she is OK. This is life as I know it with a cat. My spouse seems
to believe
despite evidence to the contrary that if the cat is in the house, we
can find it.
I've learned that as fast as I learn where the cat can hide for a nap,
she finds
another spot.

Which is why I want the cat in the carrier at least 15 minutes before
we absolutely,
positively must leave for the vet.

Fifteen minutes!!!! Hah!!!!!

When Quango RB was with us he would wander off looking bored and
sleepy about an hour and a half before a vet visit. That was it - lost.

Just when it was too late and we had phoned the vet he would reappear
looking pleased with himself.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old November 4th 03, 12:27 AM
Jeanne Hedge

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 21:39:20 GMT, "Jette Goldie"
wrote:

Found! She was indeed sleeping - she'd managed to get *behind*
the cabinet under the sink.

Now her meowmie is very very .... drained.

Oh groan, what an awful pun... ^_^

Happy to hear the lost kitten wasn't lost at all

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

CompuServe Comics/Anime Forum via Your Browser
- IT'S FREE! -
*** http://go.compuserve.com/comic ***
Old November 4th 03, 12:40 AM
Brenda

[...]

we're purring!
Brenda

Old November 4th 03, 01:00 AM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

Found! She was indeed sleeping - she'd managed to get *behind*
the cabinet under the sink.

Now her meowmie is very very .... drained.

Great news, found before I even had a chance to get the gang here
revved up. Sending calming purrs and hugs for the very drained meowmie
instead
--
Steve Touchstone,
remove Junk for email
Old November 4th 03, 05:03 AM
Marina

"Jette Goldie" wrote

Found! She was indeed sleeping - she'd managed to get *behind*
the cabinet under the sink.

Now her meowmie is very very .... drained.

Happy purrs that she was found. I thought she must be sleeping somewhere so
comfortable, that she doesn't bother to come out. Doesn't sound very
comfortable, but then, what does a mere hoomin know about comfort?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 4th 03, 05:11 AM
Marina

"David Stevenson" wrote

Fifteen minutes!!!! Hah!!!!!

When Quango RB was with us he would wander off looking bored and
sleepy about an hour and a half before a vet visit. That was it - lost.

Just when it was too late and we had phoned the vet he would reappear
looking pleased with himself.

That reminds me of the time I was taking the cats back home from the island
one summer. I didn't have the heart to shut them up, but trusted that they
would be sleeping inside in the afternoon, as they always do. But of course,
there were no cats to be seen when my sister's family had packed the boat
and were ready to leave. I looked high and low, but couldn't find them.
Finally I told my sister to go ahead, I would have to stay on for a few days
with the cats, and take a taxi boat then.

As the sound of the boat engine died away in the distance, both cats
casually wandered back home and settled down for a nap. But this time the
hoomin was sneaky. She shut all doors and windows, called sis on her mobile
phone and asked her if she would come back, and since they hadn't gone very
far, they did turn back and came and fetched me and two very offended and
upset cats.

Now I always shut the cats inside several hours before we are scheduled to
leave.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki