here we go again ::sigh::

Old November 19th 05, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default here we go again ::sigh::

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:59:14 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
wrote:

The final scab has fallen off Lilly-Whiskers tail where it was cut by
the ******* that tortured her, and it appears that the very end of the
tail bone is exposed. I have a feeling that when she sees the vet
tomorrow afternoon, he's going to recommend partial tail amputation.

Please purr for a positive outcome. It's one thing after another with
this little one, and she's already been through so much. (

Ta muchly

Helen M

Fortunately, that is fairly minor surgery and should heal quickly. I
lived in the dormitory at Belmont College (now Belmont University) in
Nashville, TN during my sophomore year, and noticed a cute stray
kitten that various students were feeding. A few days later, I saw
the same kitten again; she was limping, and most of her tail was
blackened and hairless. I thought that someone had burned her, and
called my parents, who took her to an after-hours vetinary hospital
for surgery. It turned out that, rather than being burned, her tail
and the inside of one thigh had been slashed, probably by a car fan.
The vet had to amputate most of her tail due to gangrene, which had
caused the blackened appearance.

My parents adopted her and named her Tinkerbelle. She walked rather
stiffly for several months, but eventually regained her full
hoolikitten agility, including climbing to the top of the drapes
numerous times. She had a tail-stump about one inch long. The end of
the stump remained hairless, but otherwise made a full recovery.

My parents let Tinkerbelle have one litter of kittens before having
her spayed, and the next-door neighbors were amazed that the kittens
had full-length tails, despite knowing that their mother had lost hers
to an accident. They told me several times that they had thought that
injuries to the parent animal would be inherited by the offspring. Of
course, these were the same people who bought supermarket tabloids
each week and believed everything they read. The neighbor lady once
said to me, "Of course it's all true! Why would they print anything
false?".

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old November 20th 05, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:e95a4fb07f3f21c0162e236d27e49ef0.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
The final scab has fallen off Lilly-Whiskers tail where it was cut by
the ******* that tortured her, and it appears that the very end of the
tail bone is exposed. I have a feeling that when she sees the vet
tomorrow afternoon, he's going to recommend partial tail amputation.

Please purr for a positive outcome. It's one thing after another with
this little one, and she's already been through so much. (

Ta muchly

Helen M

Purrs for L-W on the way across the pond.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old November 22nd 05, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In message lgate.org,
Helen Miles writes
The final scab has fallen off Lilly-Whiskers tail where it was cut by
the ******* that tortured her, and it appears that the very end of the
tail bone is exposed. I have a feeling that when she sees the vet
tomorrow afternoon, he's going to recommend partial tail amputation.

Purrs from all the felines here. Purdey (RB) had to have about
two-thirds of his tail amputated after a brush with a car - on the face
of it, the tail was just nicked, but the bone was actually broken so the
vet took it off at the break closest to the body. The stump was very
expressive for the rest of his life (about nineteen years), and apart
from its obvious shortness, the only sign of anything wrong was the fact
that there were a number of white hairs at the injury site.

--
Cathi

OT... sigh... dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 85 June 1st 04 07:51 AM
sigh [ medic ] Cat health & behaviour 25 May 15th 04 06:42 PM
Sigh Cat Protector Cat health & behaviour 38 March 1st 04 12:43 AM
Sigh...kinda sad (OT) badwilson Cat anecdotes 24 February 21st 04 10:34 PM