How do I cope with a depressed cat?

Old July 21st 11, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default How do I cope with a depressed cat?

Lesley Madigan wrote:

On Jul 20, 10:41*pm, Adrian wrote:

she does look very cute, I'm rather partial to black and white cats.

The guy called me back basically he sounds like he's not particularly
interested in what happens to her, didn't ask me a single question
about myself but anyway 2pm on Monday I'm collecting her! (Mixed
emotions here it's made me cry over Dunzi again but I am sure she
wouldn't mind she was always a good and generous cat apart from
beating up her sister)

Good luck with the little sweetie - I hope Sarsi is a good big sister.

Looking forward to the pictures.

Joyce

--
Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good
many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
Old July 22nd 11, 03:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

As I said elsewhere the guy's English was pretty bad but I have the
address so I'll be heading down there about 2PM Monday (Dave says it
all sounds highly dubious and I must get a cab and make the cab wait
for me in case I am white slaved or something- not sure about making a
cab wait while I try to grab the kitten) hopefully to collect her. It
might go wrong but the impression I get is they want a tenner for her
so I arrive with carrier and they shove her in but it could be a
mistake. The only thing is I did say "Can I come Monday?" and he said
he would be in Monday. All the same this morning I went and got some
cheap towels to line the carrier (to be fair although they were cheap
they're rather nice and soft so if she doesn't mess them up too much
we'll use them), a small feeding dish and water bowl (to sit in the
carrier- it's a massive one so will be okay as a holding pen for her
while we do introductions etc- just got to find something small to put
some litter in) a small litter tray (Sarsi's is extra large as she
likes to bury the evidence so deeply it would take the "Time Team"
ages to find it and a small kitten won't be able to climb into it) and
my secret weapon a brand new fether/fishie onna stick for Sarsi- I
think if she associates new kitten=new toy she'll be happier about it
and also we can distract her with it if she gets out of order with the
kitten

Dave actually sat Sarsi on his lap and explained all about the new
kitten and how she was numero uno in the house and she patted his hand
a couple of times, which she's never done before- we're just hoping
this is her way of saying "Don't worry it will be fine and thank you"
rather than "Can I apologise in advance for the fact there will be
blood running down the walls Monday afternoon?"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs