Poetic Justice - A judge who loves animals

Old November 18th 05, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Poetic Justice - A judge who loves animals

Anybody see the below from ABC News? I love it!

Woman Ordered to Spend Night in Woods for Abandoning Kittens
http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/story?id=1322751

--
ShirleyB, Rexie and Loki’s Mom
To Reply by email: remove 'nicks'

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex are at:
http://community.webshots.com/album/255873683SwWQZJ
Pictures of Loki can be seen at:
http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pic...85519812EYwKMs
And Our HOMEPAGE is: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com

Old November 18th 05, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Even though she deserves punishment; I agree let the b@tch starve and be
cold for a to learn how it feels
That judge has left himself in a serious situation if anything happens to
that woman he is going to faces charges of endangerment and possible civil
actions for the endangerment. Worse he will loss his seat as a judge if any
thing happens

He should have made her pay the fine and do the 90 days taking her freedom
away would have been a better punishment

Old November 18th 05, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-11-17 22:13:02 -0600, ShirleyB said:

Anybody see the below from ABC News? I love it!

Woman Ordered to Spend Night in Woods for Abandoning Kittens
http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/story?id=1322751

I wish it was *in addition* to jail time.

Old November 18th 05, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"ShirleyB" wrote in message
Anybody see the below from ABC News? I love it!

Woman Ordered to Spend Night in Woods for Abandoning Kittens
http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/story?id=1322751

Not nearly severe enough. One lousy night? Knowing it would be over in the
morning? Wearing warm clothes. No predators? Not even enough time to get
mildly hungry or thirsty or properly scared.

Jo

Old November 18th 05, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:
No predators? Jo

Good God man, what the heck is wrong with you
hold on, I'll be right back...

Ill even time myself...

11:33 now
11:33 Im back

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ed+beaten+park

No Predators?

I cannot imagine your mindset, the burden of self hate for one, as well
as for other people.

Dang...think about what you're saying

you think that woman should have her liver eaten?

Very very warped

all of you who think this was fair.

HEY! CUTE! BUT not justice.

Old November 18th 05, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:13:02 -0800, ShirleyB
wrote:

Anybody see the below from ABC News? I love it!

Woman Ordered to Spend Night in Woods for Abandoning Kittens
http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/story?id=1322751

In order to have 33 kittens at one time, it sounds like she was
running a kitten farm, then decided to abandon the project and
kittens. I hope the judge also ruled that she couldn't breed lots
more kittens which would then be neglected or abandoned.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old November 18th 05, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-11-17 22:37:28 -0600, said:

Jo Firey wrote:
No predators? Jo

Good God man, what the heck is wrong with you
hold on, I'll be right back...

Ill even time myself...

11:33 now
11:33 Im back

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ed+beaten+park

No

Predators?

I cannot imagine your mindset, the burden of self hate for one, as well
as for other people.

Dang...think about what you're saying

you think that woman should have her liver eaten?

Very very warped

all of you who think this was fair.

HEY! CUTE! BUT not justice.

You are right. It would only be justice if it were for several months.
And she was a baby. People who do this HAVE NO CONCEPT. But one night,
you are right, is not justice.

Old November 18th 05, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Prozack wrote:

ShirleyB wrote:
Anybody see the below from ABC News? I love it!

I'm going to be super nice about this...
but this is not justice...
It's called stooping to someone else's level

This one does seem a bit... impulsive. We all want to mete out eye-
for-an-eye punishments, and at first it seems satisfying to think
about. But when it comes to actually doing it, I don't believe it
really creates justice. Usually it just breeds hatred and escalates
the problem.

Now, the sentence where he required bunch of teenagers who'd vandalized
a schoolbus to organize a picnic for some grade school kids - that was
a brilliant idea. The grade school kids in question didn't get to go on
their school picnic because of the vandalism. That seems like a really
good, constructive sentence, it makes a reparation to the victims, and
if the teenagers are open to learning, it could teach them a lesson on
the consequences of seemingly harmless pranks.

Why didn't he order this woman to spend 90 days volunteer work in an
animal shelter, doing nothing but cleaning out kitty litter boxes?

Joyce

PS - I don't really get the one where a guy had to stand on a street
corner next to a pig. Huh? How does that constitute punishment??
Old November 18th 05, 06:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yeah, I guess you're all right, it just struck me as ironic. But I agree with
your suggestion (below) as to what COULD have been done.

ShirleyB, Rexie and Loki’s Mom
To Reply by email: remove 'nicks'

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex are at:
http://community.webshots.com/album/255873683SwWQZJ
Pictures of Loki can be seen at:
http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pic...85519812EYwKMs
And Our HOMEPAGE is: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com

eloquently related the following on 11/17/2005 9:26 PM: