here we go again ::sigh::

Old November 18th 05, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default here we go again ::sigh::

The final scab has fallen off Lilly-Whiskers tail where it was cut by
the ******* that tortured her, and it appears that the very end of the
tail bone is exposed. I have a feeling that when she sees the vet
tomorrow afternoon, he's going to recommend partial tail amputation.

Please purr for a positive outcome. It's one thing after another with
this little one, and she's already been through so much. (

Ta muchly

Helen M

Old November 18th 05, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Poor baby -- many purrs for her and for you, too -- is it possible to do a
skin graft over the exposed bone part?
Christine
news:e95a4fb07f3f21c0162e236d27e49ef0.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Old November 18th 05, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:e95a4fb07f3f21c0162e236d27e49ef0.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
The final scab has fallen off Lilly-Whiskers tail where it was cut by
the ******* that tortured her, and it appears that the very end of the
tail bone is exposed. I have a feeling that when she sees the vet
tomorrow afternoon, he's going to recommend partial tail amputation.

Please purr for a positive outcome. It's one thing after another with
this little one, and she's already been through so much. (

Ta muchly

Helen M

Here's hoping all turns out well. A neighbour's cat had to have a partial
tail amputation & to be honest, it had no adverse effect on the cat. It
didn't seem to have any adverse effect on the cat's unerring knowledge that
she was a superior life form and always would be. I'm fairly sure
Lilly-Whiskers would be the same

Cheers, helen s

Old November 18th 05, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:e95a4fb07f3f21c0162e236d27e49ef0.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
The final scab has fallen off Lilly-Whiskers tail where it was cut by
the ******* that tortured her, and it appears that the very end of the
tail bone is exposed. I have a feeling that when she sees the vet
tomorrow afternoon, he's going to recommend partial tail amputation.

Please purr for a positive outcome. It's one thing after another with
this little one, and she's already been through so much. (

Ta muchly

He will certainly recommend no exposed bone, but I'm sure he'll only do a
small amputation to where he can pull the skin up and stitch it over the end
of her tail.
Poor baby. It's a good job that I can't get my hands on the person that did
it to her as I might not be responsible for my actions.

Tweed

Old November 18th 05, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote

The final scab has fallen off Lilly-Whiskers tail where it was cut by
the ******* that tortured her, and it appears that the very end of the
tail bone is exposed.

Please purr for a positive outcome. It's one thing after another with
this little one, and she's already been through so much. (

Supportive purrs for the little one from us lot. I doubt there's a lot
to do to her tail, and even if a joint is lost she'll never miss it.
Might save the odd ornament over the years, assuming you've any left (I
haven't, after Pericles' huge bushy tail got busy and Snowball's short
but even bushier tail finished off the stragglers).

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old November 18th 05, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:59:14 +0000, Helen Miles wrote:

The final scab has fallen off Lilly-Whiskers tail where it was cut by the
******* that tortured her, and it appears that the very end of the tail
bone is exposed. I have a feeling that when she sees the vet tomorrow
afternoon, he's going to recommend partial tail amputation.

Please purr for a positive outcome. It's one thing after another with this
little one, and she's already been through so much. (

Ta muchly

Helen M

I am curious. How do you know it was a person? When I was in my teens,
we had a lovely black cat who had part of her tail bitten off by a d*g
that chased her. On another occasion, I heard a terrific cat fight in
our condominium area. The next day, I went for a walk around the place
and found a four inch section of orange cat tail. As there are no dogs
in this area, I had to conclude sit was lost in a cat fight.

Old November 18th 05, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I totally agree... I would like to "killfile" the person who did this to
that poor little lovely bitty.

Jill

Old November 18th 05, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Please purr for a positive outcome. It's one thing after another with
this little one, and she's already been through so much. (

Ta muchly

Helen M

Purring for the very best outcome.
Charleen

Old November 18th 05, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Exocat wrote:

"Helen Miles" wrote

The final scab has fallen off Lilly-Whiskers tail where it was cut by
the ******* that tortured her, and it appears that the very end of the
tail bone is exposed.

Please purr for a positive outcome. It's one thing after another with
this little one, and she's already been through so much. (

Supportive purrs for the little one from us lot. I doubt there's a lot
to do to her tail, and even if a joint is lost she'll never miss it.

If the bone is actually exposed, it would be an invitation
to infection - maybe a visit to the vet and professional
amputation of a joint more might be indicated? One of my
cats (Miu - RB) once disappeared for nearly a month (shortly
after we'd moved house - I think he wanted to go "home").
When he reappeared, the tip of his tail was injured and
appeared infected. The vet had to amputate that bit of it,
and I assume a bit more to provide some spare skin to suture
properly around the bone. He was fine after that, and
survived to a ripe old age.

OT... sigh... dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 85 June 1st 04 07:51 AM
sigh [ medic ] Cat health & behaviour 25 May 15th 04 06:42 PM
Sigh Cat Protector Cat health & behaviour 38 February 29th 04 11:43 PM
Sigh...kinda sad (OT) badwilson Cat anecdotes 24 February 21st 04 09:34 PM