Purrs of condolence and also job purrs needed

Old April 4th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Purrs of condolence and also job purrs needed

Well, it's been a few weeks since I've posted, and unfortunately it's
another round of purrs and prayers being requested.

First of all, I posted for purrs for a sick friend back in December, I
think. He was battling cancer, in the form of a particularly aggressive
form of lymphoma which had come out of remission.

Now I'm requesting purrs for comfort to his family and friends,
particularly his wife, his mom (who is disabled and for whom he was the
primary caretaker before he himself got sick), and the family's three cats
who will surely be distressed at their humans' grief and their Paw's
prolonged absence. ( Jeff passed away on Saturday morning at the gae of
32.

Jeff was a good man and will be tremendously missed. You can get an idea
of what he meant to a great number of people in this thread on a hockey
discussion board which he founded:
http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59628 . He also founded
a charity called Phans for Hope, to raise funds for Hope Lodge in PA.
That's a place where cancer patients and their families can stay when they
are being treated far from home.

32 years is way too short of a lifespan, yet it was enough time for Jeff
to leave this world a better place than he found it. And now the RB is a
better place with him in it. He'll be deeply missed. (

My other request would be the thing that, had I not gotten a substantial
reminder of what's *really* important over the weekend when Jeff passed
away, would most likely torturing my mind at every waking moment. Where I
work is in upheaval and without going into great details, there is
personnel shuffiling in the works and I might lose my job. I can't afford
to lose my job, and I've fought SO hard to get permanent employment after
four years of being in temp work, that this is just the last straw
emotionally.

So any and all prayers and purrs that I am able to transfer into another
department that's NOT falling apart at the seams, ASAP before the axe
falls on me at this current job, will be greatly appreciated. Also
anti-anxiety and anti-depression purrs will be appreciated, as those are
two medical obstacles I've got to battle along with the nearly untenable
job situation I'm facing.

Just about the only thing that keeps my head from exploding is the
reminders I'm giving myself that losing a job, should it happen, is
nowhere near the burden that my late friend's family is going through
right now. So as bad as this is, there ARE worse and more difficult issues
out there, and I shouldn't lose sight of that fact.

Ideally, though, Jeff's family will get through this heart-rending time,
and MY family and I will get through this job-related turmoil, and peace
will eventually reign. Preferably sooner rather than later.

Prayers and purrs for everyone to get through some trying and painful
times will be deeply appreciated. And in return, my own prayers and purrs
are on the way for everyone ELSE here to come through their tough times
that they've posted about, too.

Boy, am I rambling. Sorry I'm not more coherent, but it's been a really
tough few days.

Donna, and the Feline Entertainment Committee who've managed to give me
some smiles even in the midst of a real emotional low point, Captain and
Stanley

Old April 4th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Multiple purrs and prayers. I hope things get better for you and those
around you,
Suz&Spicey

Old April 5th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

What a sad and stressful time for your friend's family and also for you!
Please know I'm revving up purrs from our kitties for comfort for your
friends' loss. And sending loads of purrs for you for work and to help you
hang in there during these difficult times.
Christine and Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker
lkaboutpets.com...

Old April 5th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-04 17:15:08 -0500, "Gabey8" said:

Donna, and the Feline Entertainment Committee who've managed to give me
some smiles even in the midst of a real emotional low point, Captain and
Stanley

I'm so sorry for everything. Major purrs of condolences and comfort as
well as stability coming.

Old April 5th 06, 02:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Very sorry to hear this.
I know all about the anxiety and depression associated with a potential job
loss.
Had to take meds after I lost my job followed by the sudden death of my
father.
Lots of condolence and job purrs going your way.

Winnie

lkaboutpets.com...

Old April 5th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Gabey8 wrote:
Prayers and purrs for everyone to get through some trying and painful
times will be deeply appreciated.

Lots of purrs on the way for you, and for Jeff's family and friends.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 5th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

PUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear of your friend's death, Gabey. 32 years is definitely
too short a time, especially to those who loved him. I lost a friend
last summer to Lymphoma, and she was not yet 29. So I really do know
where you're coming from on that one.

And I know too about the anxiety and uncertainty of fearing job loss.
Sending successful transfer purrs forthwith. It's almost easier to
face an unpleasant certainty than it is rumors of "personnel
reorganization." For your sanity and for your peace of mind, I hope the
situation is resolved favorably and soon.

Melissa

Old April 5th 06, 09:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs and condlences for Jeffs family, and all who loved him.

Purrs that you soon get the perfect job.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 5th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I lost my husband just over 4 months
ago so your message hit close to home. If Jeff's widow is internet savvy,
pass along this to her:

http://www.ywbb.org/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

This is a bulletin board for young widows and it was a life saver for me.

I'm purring for you on the job front too. I worked a temp job for a year and
a half and was made full time about 6 months ago (1 year after it was
supposed to go full time) so I know a bit about what you are going through.

Fi

lkaboutpets.com...

Old April 5th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs and condolences.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped