Peppermint tea?

Old May 30th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Peppermint tea?

Pearl wants to drink some of my peppermint tea! Is peppermint tea ok for cats?

Old May 30th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message

Pearl wants to drink some of my peppermint tea! Is peppermint tea ok for cats?

When Lily went through her "taste mommy's peppermint tea" phase, *SHE*
seemed fine. But my tea wasn't....she sneezed in it!

Helen M

Old May 30th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:
Pearl wants to drink some of my peppermint tea! Is peppermint tea ok for
cats?

I believe peppermint belongs to the same family as catmint, so that's
probably the attraction. Don't know if it's safe.

Old May 30th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:

Pearl wants to drink some of my peppermint tea! Is peppermint tea ok for
cats?

Well, catnip belongs to the mint family! (So I'd say "yes",
if she really wants it.)

Old May 30th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I'd say unless you put sulphuric acid in it, Pearl shouldn't be too
badly affected by one little taste.

Melissa

Old May 30th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-30, Helen Miles wrote:
"Karen" wrote in message

Pearl wants to drink some of my peppermint tea! Is peppermint tea ok for cats?

When Lily went through her "taste mommy's peppermint tea" phase, *SHE*
seemed fine. But my tea wasn't....she sneezed in it!

I had a cat that was greedy for anything I happened to be eating. Once
while eating some raw cucumber I saw the cat licking its chops and broke
off a piece of cucumber for it. It took a sniff and gave me the most
obvious "You've got to be kidding!" expression before it trotted off.

Old May 30th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-30, Helen Miles wrote:
"Karen" wrote in message

Pearl wants to drink some of my peppermint tea! Is peppermint tea
ok for cats?

When Lily went through her "taste mommy's peppermint tea" phase,
*SHE*
seemed fine. But my tea wasn't....she sneezed in it!

I had a cat that was greedy for anything I happened to be eating.
Once
while eating some raw cucumber I saw the cat licking its chops and
broke
off a piece of cucumber for it. It took a sniff and gave me the most
obvious "You've got to be kidding!" expression before it trotted off.

Persia is that way about tuna! When she first acquired me the vet
prescribed some pills for her and told me to tuck them in tuna packed in
water. She turned her nose up in disdain. He couldn't believe it. I
believed it. I despise tuna myself so I was stuck having paid for a can of
tuna she wouldn't touch!

Jill

Old May 31st 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-30 15:44:46 -0500, "Shiral" said:

I'd say unless you put sulphuric acid in it, Pearl shouldn't be too
badly affected by one little taste.

Melissa

She took about three drinks. Seems fine.

Old May 31st 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

William Hamblen wrote:

I had a cat that was greedy for anything I happened to be eating. Once
while eating some raw cucumber I saw the cat licking its chops and broke
off a piece of cucumber for it. It took a sniff and gave me the most
obvious "You've got to be kidding!" expression before it trotted off.

I expected to get that look when Miranda was showing interest in some
raw carrot sticks that I was eating, and I gave her one to sniff. But
no, she licked at it a long time. Couldn't figure out how to eat it,
though. ;o)

Old May 31st 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I thought cats weren't supposed to like mint. Otis once used a Polo as
a football but spat it out and dribbled in disgust when he picked it up
in his mouth and he always screws his face up if I eat a mint.

Marcia