Can Mosey Have Some Purrs? I Need some too, please

Old April 8th 09, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Default Mosey Update: Can Mosey Have Some Purrs? I Need some too, please

No kidding! Can't even enjoy certain foods. No fair. Kyla..
allergies is in my opinion one of the biggest hidden disablities, Lee

Wow, to both of you on the allergies. Food can be so wierd.
Kyla
--off to have beef stew.

"Stormmee"
I am blessedly good with them cooked or raw but if i touch any of the
greenery i blister like chicken pox, Lee

and i do understand about the pineapple, i can eat it canned or cooked
but
not fresh, and strawberries, i can eat them fresh until i explode, but
if
they have been frozen its a one way ticket to the ER for an allergic
reaction,

I get a rash if I eat raw tomatoes (or even handle the seeds or flesh)
but tomato soup, tomato ketchup and tomato in pasta sauces has no
effect whatsoever

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 8th 09, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Default Can Mosey Have Some Purrs? I Need some too, please

On Mar 20, 3:36 pm, Jack Campin -

Phosphate in soft drinks is a significant cause of osteoporosis

Yeah, because it depletes your calcuim. That's why I have such crippling
osteoarthritis, we were brought up drinking Pepsi as kids, then on to Coca
Cola, and now it's Canada Dry Ginger Ale. They should make soft drinks with
calcium in them IMO. If I have a ginger ale I take a 'senior' multivitamin
that has lots of calcium in it.

I quit coca-cola 14 months ago (the one time I sipped it after that I
nearly spat it out! UGH!) and only occasionally have soft drinks (like
if it;s been 10 cans in 14 months I'll be surprised) and I have
noticed less aches and pains since then

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I rarely drink the Ginger Ale any more, and if I do, I make sure I have some
milk later on.

Kyla

Old April 8th 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Ginger-lyn"
Kyla =^..^= wrote:
For the last few days, my sweet litttle Mosey has had diarrhea, but
otherwise seems fine..he eats, plays, acts normal. This happens only
when we feed him ham and I stopped feending him ham a few days ago and
the 'trots' stopped, but yesterday DH gave him some ham and he got the
trots again this morning.. Please purr for the little guy to be okay, I
think he's not happy with the ham.
He feels heavier when I pick him up.

I could also use a few pain purrs for my crappy knees. They hurt so bad,
I can hardly walk and frankly, I'm scared, in tears and I don't know what
to do. With no insurance, there's nothing they will do. I'll be 64 on
income tax day and I never thought getting old could be so painful:/ I
pray for all those in pain and for Brooke too, and Gandalf, Dan, Rob,
Pam, Ginger-lyn, ... all those who are going through horrid troubles.

You've always been so kind to me, and I know there are a lot of folks
here who are in intense pain as well, and you're in my purrs and prayers
for healing too..
So if you could spare a few extra purrs for Mosey and me, we'd really
appreciate it.
Thank you so much. I'm not going to lose my Faith and try and keep an
upbeat attitude, but it's so hard, when you're in this much pain. The
meds aren't helping with it any more either.

Love and thank you
Kyla & Mosey
.

{{{{{Kyla}}}}} Very loud and resounding purrs from me and ten cats for
you and Mosey. I'm finding out more about pain than I ever wanted to
know, so I sympathize.

{{{{{{{Ginger-lyn}}}}}}}} thank you so much. You have been going through so
much and all, yet you're taking the time to post to me. I've been thinking
about you and have been sending you loving purrayers from me and the 4 cats.

Are there any free clinics in your area? I know there are a couple here,
but I don't remember where you're located. Some regular clinics have free
clinics in the evenings. Can you see your doctor, or maybe at least call
him to see about getting better pain meds? I know they probably won't
want to do that, but if they aren't working at all, you need *something*
to help with the pain.

There 'are free clinics' im my area, but they are on Sat mornings, 9 am-11
am and the line goes around the block. I did talk to the Dr about my pain
meds and he's doing the best he can to keep me comfortable, because this is
not going to go away. Not even if I did had insurance, my knees/legs are so
bad, nothing will fix them, so I do the best I can and try and keep an stop
feeling sorry for myself attitude.
There are a lot of us here in agony and we keep on going on.

You and Mosey are in my thoughts,

Ginger-lyn

Thank you so much. And you're in mine as well.

Kyla

Old April 8th 09, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Phosphate in soft drinks is a significant cause of osteoporosis
Yeah, because it depletes your calcuim. That's why I have such
crippling osteoarthritis, we were brought up drinking Pepsi as kids,
then on to Coca Cola, and now it's Canada Dry Ginger Ale.
I rarely drink the Ginger Ale any more,

Does Canada Dry have phosphoric acid in it? Somebody care to read
a label?

and if I do, I make sure I have some milk later on.

I don't think that'll help - it's the amount of circulating phosphate
in the bloodstream that does the damage, the amount of calcium you
take in isn't very relevant. It certainly won't counter the effect
of soft-drink phosphate in causing kidney stones.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====