A rare event - holding Bonnie

Old August 16th 14, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default A rare event - holding Bonnie

Yes, still feral after all these years. I guess feral is the wrong word
now after 10 years, but I still can't pick her up. It is necessary at
times though, mostly to check her body for problems, her claws in
particular. She's had a history of claws growing so long they curl over
and get stuck in her paw pads.

So yesterday I took the opportunity when she followed me in the bathroom
and I shut the door behind her. Her first reaction was to go flat on the
floor, but when I picked her up, she practically hugged me! She's always
very gentle when I get the chance to hold her and doesn't put up a
fight. I was able to clip her claws and she didn't struggle at all. She
had a couple that had curled over but there was no damage. So she's good
for a bit. Surprisingly, she didn't run when I put her down, and she's
even followed me into the bathroom since then. But she stays closer to
the door so she doesn't get trapped inside with me. I love this little
gentle being.

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old August 16th 14, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/15/2014 8:27 PM, Cheryl wrote:
[...]

Awwww! How sweet! Nice that she let you clip her claws, too.

Jill
Old August 16th 14, 07:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 8/15/2014 5:27 PM, Cheryl wrote:
[...]

I'm really glad you had this lovely experience. How old was she when
you got her?

Joy

Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9
Old August 20th 14, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 8/16/2014 2:20 AM, Joy wrote:
[...]

I'm not exactly sure. I thought she was still a kitten. I know she was
pregnant but that was aborted when she was spayed. I know how some feel
about this, but when I took her in for spaying I told them I didn't want
to know. I am pretty sure she was under a year old, but her tiny body is
still tiny to this day.

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old August 20th 14, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 8/16/2014 2:42 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article om,
Cheryl wrote:
[...]

She's such a sweetie letting you clip her claws.

she's got the bathroom door covered just in case.

Judith

Judith, she sure is hip to how I was able to catch her this time! But
she's been coming in the bathroom even after all this, so I think she
*wants* to be like the other cats and be trusting, it is just hard for
her to give in.

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old August 21st 14, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Cheryl wrote:

On 8/16/2014 2:20 AM, Joy wrote:
[...]

But apparently they told you anyway!

I've heard that spaying a cat when she's pregnant isn't a great idea, but
I don't understand why. It seems to be done often enough when necessary.

--
Joyce

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going
somewhere. -- Groucho Marx
Old August 21st 14, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 8/20/2014 11:01 PM, Bastette wrote:
Cheryl wrote:

On 8/16/2014 2:20 AM, Joy wrote:
[...]

I only knew because she had swollen nipples when I was able to see her
more closely. They never told me.

I've heard that spaying a cat when she's pregnant isn't a great idea, but
I don't understand why. It seems to be done often enough when necessary.

I don't like it either, but I also don't like how many cats are already
here and need homes. Either way, it isn't good.

--
Cheryl

Big event for Cinnamon. Fred[_2_] Cat community 11 July 21st 08 06:05 PM
NOT a non-event Marina Cat anecdotes 35 April 28th 07 04:32 AM
A non-event Marina Cat anecdotes 7 February 19th 07 05:06 AM
[ot] An Eyrie Event... Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 3 February 9th 05 09:44 PM
Cat is still holding it in.... [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 2 December 2nd 03 02:27 AM