Peewee update

Old September 17th 03, 12:10 AM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
"Cathy Friedmann" wrote:

Ha - I just posted. ;-) Do you mean a/d, maybe?

Probably. Whatever Caley was given last month.

Priscilla
--
The Episcopal Church welcomes you... and you... and you....

Old September 17th 03, 01:18 AM
Sarah

"-L." wrote in message
m...

Open to suggestions for getting him to eat.

You might want to take a look at http://www.assistfeed.com.

Old September 17th 03, 01:18 AM
Sarah

Old September 17th 03, 01:18 AM
Sarah

Old September 17th 03, 01:56 AM
Cheryl

In m,
-L. composed with style:
For those following the sick Pee-wuss...

He has been home since Sunday PM.

He sounds better! Purrs that he keeps recovering and that he is on
the mend.

Open to suggestions for getting him to eat. The best success has
been chicken and veggie baby food, cooked chicken breast and
chicken broth. He licked juice off of some Friskies canned, but
won't eat the chunks. Won't touch the Iams kitten canned, but did
eat some Purina kitten chow and kept it down (I am trying kitten
food because it his higher protein and fat). Any other ideas
welcome.

I've learned a few tricks since Shadow's worst time last year when I
couldn't get him to eat. With the feral who was sick she took to
Hills AD mixed with baby food (turkey or chicken) to make a thinner
consistency and spooned to her; just held the spoon under her nose and
let it touch her mouth so she got a taste and she would lick it off
and got enough into her during that time (about 1/2 can per day or a
little more). With Shadow and his bouts of nausea I would have to put
the food in his mouth to get him to eat but I used a tongue depressor
and didn't thin the food at all, just sort of stuck it in and let his
teeth scrape the food off. He never had a problem keeping the AD down
even when he was nauseous and this didn't seem as stressful to him as
a syringe did. I think at some point the food must be "forced" to get
past the rough part, but you already know that.

Good luck, Lyn. So worrisome... Purrs to Peewee.

Old September 17th 03, 01:33 PM
kaeli

In article , k3_e81
@yahoo.com enlightened us with...
For those following the sick Pee-wuss...

Purrs to Peewee for his recovery.

I don't have much to add that others haven't suggested, but have you
tried tuna or sardines to stimulate his appetite? You don't want to give
him too much, as they (especially tuna) can have too much mercury in
them in quantities. Albacore is the best kind of tuna and has (according
to what I've read, anyway) less mercury than the cheaper tuna.

Also, there is a product called Nutrical that helps sick cats. It is
available at Petsmart and other pet stores and has high fat and
calories, vitamins, and minerals. It also acts as an appetite stimulant.
Some cats like it, some hate it.

I hope he gets better...

~kaeli~
Hey, if you got it flaunt it! If you don't, stare
at someone who does. Just don't lick the TV screen,
it leaves streaks.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace