Snooch update

Old November 19th 09, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default Snooch update

Snooch is back from the vet after being neutered.

When I let him out of the carrier (in front bathroom with the door
closed), he did something unexpected: he went immediately to the litter
pan.

Only later did he oscillate between rubbing my ankle and hoovering the
kibble.

--

T.E.D. )

Old November 20th 09, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
Snooch is back from the vet after being neutered.

When I let him out of the carrier (in front bathroom with the door
closed), he did something unexpected: he went immediately to the litter
pan.

Only later did he oscillate between rubbing my ankle and hoovering the
kibble.

--

T.E.D. )

It sounds as though he's doing well and has his priorities straight. ;-)

Joy

Old November 20th 09, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

Ted Davis wrote:
Snooch is back from the vet after being neutered.

When I let him out of the carrier (in front bathroom with the door
closed), he did something unexpected: he went immediately to the
litter pan.

So did Boyfie in the same circumstances.

Only later did he oscillate between rubbing my ankle and hoovering the
kibble.

Boyfie was miserable for a day when he got neutered. All he wanted to do
was lick where his testicles once were.
Some vets will put it a stitch in, mine did not. He said he'd get over it
sooner.

Tweed

Old November 20th 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ted Davis wrote:

Snooch is back from the vet after being neutered.

When I let him out of the carrier (in front bathroom with the door
closed), he did something unexpected: he went immediately to the litter
pan.

Only later did he oscillate between rubbing my ankle and hoovering the
kibble.

Is this post-snip? If so, it sounds like it went well!

Joyce

--
I used to think that life should be fair. But then I realized it's
better that life is unfair. If life is fair, that would mean we deserve
Old November 20th 09, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Netmask[_2_]

Ted Davis wrote:
Snooch is back from the vet after being neutered.

When I let him out of the carrier (in front bathroom with the door
closed), he did something unexpected: he went immediately to the litter
pan.

Only later did he oscillate between rubbing my ankle and hoovering the
kibble.

Meko didn't seem to notice - once home delivered by the vet he wanted to
rub my neck and smooch. She simply removed the testicles leaving the bag
which looked a little strange at first but it has shrunk now. No
stiches. But there is no mistaking he is/was a boy...
Old November 20th 09, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Nov 19, 9:13*pm, Netmask wrote:
Ted Davis wrote:
Snooch is back from the vet after being neutered.

When I let him out of the carrier (in front bathroom with the door
closed), he did something unexpected: he went immediately to the litter
pan.

Only later did he oscillate between rubbing my ankle and hoovering the
kibble.

Meko didn't seem to notice - once home delivered by the vet he wanted to
rub my neck and smooch. She simply removed the testicles leaving the bag
* which looked a little strange at first but it has shrunk now. No
stiches. But there is no mistaking he is/was a boy...

It always fascinated me when I was working about the different
reactions the animals had post surgery.

Later I would use these observations to help education clients about
surgery. I would tell them true stories of some animals that remained
stoned the rest of the day. Then there were the ones that would be
asleep one minute and the BOING!!!

I once saw a kitten get snipped and then was chasing cage greeblings.
Then there was a kitten who was giving himself a post surgical bath
and then stopped mid-lick and then ran around in circles and looked at
me with WIDE eyes.

Always amusing, those are the fun stories.

kristi
Old November 20th 09, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:58:20 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

Ted Davis wrote:

Snooch is back from the vet after being neutered.

When I let him out of the carrier (in front bathroom with the door
closed), he did something unexpected: he went immediately to the litter
pan.

Only later did he oscillate between rubbing my ankle and hoovering the
kibble.

Is this post-snip? If so, it sounds like it went well!

Yes, the next day - he was snipped on Wednesday, and I brought him home
late Thursday afternoon.

He's bored: there's nothing to do in the bathroom except eat, drink, poop,
and sleep. He was oll over me this morning when I checked oup on him - he
almost fel out of my lap a couple of times while trying to turn over to
get his belly rubbed ... he doesn't like it if I get too close to the sore
area though.

--
T.E.D. )

Old November 20th 09, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Nov 19, 9:13*pm, Netmask wrote:

Meko didn't seem to notice - once home delivered by the vet he wanted to
rub my neck and smooch.

My friend Mick said his cat Sam on return from the vet sat down and
gave himself a good wash then stopped and stared at his rear end
before looking at Mick as if to say "Where did they go?" then shrugged
and went on with his washing

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old November 21st 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ted Davis wrote:

Is this post-snip? If so, it sounds like it went well!

Yes, the next day - he was snipped on Wednesday, and I brought him home
late Thursday afternoon.

He's bored: there's nothing to do in the bathroom except eat, drink, poop,
and sleep. He was oll over me this morning when I checked oup on him - he
almost fel out of my lap a couple of times while trying to turn over to
get his belly rubbed ... he doesn't like it if I get too close to the sore
area though.

Aww. Purrs for his continued recovery.

Joyce

--
What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
-- Dave Barry