Beatle fans?

Old September 24th 03, 11:39 PM
OU812?

Default Beatle fans?

Brenda wrote:
"Hey Bulld*g," "And Your Bird Can Sing..." I love the Beatles, but
how come they didn't write any songs about cats? This is totally
un-cat-related, but...

One of my friends is starting a Yahoo group for Beatle fans. If
anyone here is interested in joining, let me know and I'll send you
an invite.

Brenda

They might not have written any songs about cats, but Freddie Mercury of
Queen wrote Delilah about his kitty of that name. (see most recent Cat
Fancy magazine"Cats Rock" for more details and more cat oriented
rock'n'rollers!)

Kristy
--
"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." - Arthur Carlson

Old September 24th 03, 11:54 PM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

They might not have written any songs about cats, but Freddie Mercury of
Queen wrote Delilah about his kitty of that name. (see most recent Cat
Fancy magazine"Cats Rock" for more details and more cat oriented
rock'n'rollers!)

And let's not forget "Cleopatra's Cat" by the Spin Doctors.

Dan

Old September 25th 03, 07:45 AM

Adam wrote:

Paul was more of a dog person,
and during the late 60s had a sheepdog named Martha.

Would this dog have been the subject of the song, "Martha My Dear"?

There is a cattery (I forget the breed) named Tabbey Road that names their
cats after Beatle songs.

That's a clever name!

Can you say for sure that "Revolution 9" is NOT about cats?

LOL.

Joyce
Old September 25th 03, 01:36 PM
Christine Burel

Roger, who reads this group is a beatle fan but haven't seen him posting in
awhile. Brenda, maybe you could post the link to the new group here and he
might see it.
Christine

Old September 26th 03, 01:16 AM
Brenda

wrote in message
Adam wrote:

Paul was more of a dog person,
and during the late 60s had a sheepdog named Martha.

Would this dog have been the subject of the song, "Martha My Dear"?

There is a cattery (I forget the breed) named Tabbey Road that names

their
cats after Beatle songs.

That's a clever name!

Can you say for sure that "Revolution 9" is NOT about cats?

LOL.

Joyce

yes, Martha was the inspiration for the song.

Brenda

Old September 26th 03, 01:20 AM
Brenda

"Brenda" wrote in message
"Hey Bulld*g," "And Your Bird Can Sing..." I love the Beatles, but how
come they didn't write any songs about cats? This is totally
un-cat-related, but...

One of my friends is starting a Yahoo group for Beatle fans. If anyone

here
is interested in joining, let me know and I'll send you an invite.

Brenda

The group is called admiralnewt (Admiral Newt's Beatle Corner) and the
address to subscribe is admiralnewt-subscribe (at) yahoogroups.com

Brenda

Old September 28th 03, 09:47 AM
Adam

There is a cattery (I forget the breed) named Tabbey Road that names
their
cats after Beatle songs.

That's a clever name!

Joyce

I'll probably see them when I visit the local cat show next weekend. If
this thread is still alive then, I'll try to post a few of their cat names
here.

Adam
--
email: rubin AT bestweb DOT net

Old September 28th 03, 08:56 PM
Brenda

"Adam" wrote in message
There is a cattery (I forget the breed) named Tabbey Road that names

their
cats after Beatle songs.

That's a clever name!

Joyce

I'll probably see them when I visit the local cat show next weekend. If
this thread is still alive then, I'll try to post a few of their cat names
here.

Adam
--
email: rubin AT bestweb DOT net

wonder if they have any named Michelle, Rocky Raccoon, Maxwell, Desmond and
Molly, Vera, Chuck and Dave...?

Brenda

Old September 28th 03, 10:31 PM
Brenda

"Adam" wrote in message
There is a cattery (I forget the breed) named Tabbey Road that names their
cats after Beatle songs.

I found the website for Tabbey Road - www.tabbeyrd.com

Brenda

Old October 5th 03, 05:39 AM
Adam

There is a cattery (I forget the breed) named Tabbey Road that
names
their
cats after Beatle songs.

That's a clever name!

Joyce

I'll probably see them when I visit the local cat show next weekend. If
this thread is still alive then, I'll try to post a few of their cat

names
here.

Adam

wonder if they have any named Michelle, Rocky Raccoon, Maxwell, Desmond

and
Molly, Vera, Chuck and Dave...?

Brenda

I got to the cat show today, but it looked like Tabbey Road had cancelled.
We did not get to see Sgt. Pepper, Martha My Dear, Rocky Raccoon, or any of
their other Maine Coons.

There was a breeder there called Abyroad ( www.abyroad.com ), which
appropriately enough raised Abyssinians, but their cats all had ordinary
non-Beatleish names.

Adam
--
email: rubin AT bestweb DOT net