A Few Quiet positive thoughts.

Old September 22nd 03, 02:58 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Brenda" had some very interesting
things to say about A Few Quiet positive thoughts.:

special d*ggie purrs enroute. My sister once rescued a big gentle d*g who
was wandering the streets and ended up incorporating him successfully into
her multi-cat household. They all got on so well that after the d*g crossed
the bridge, my sister and her family actually adopted another one.

Felix actually likes d*gs better than he likes other cats. :-)

--
Seanette Blaylock
"You attribute perfect rationality to the whole of humanity, which has
Old September 22nd 03, 04:02 AM
GraceCat

"jmcquown" wrote in message . ..

Make sure the pound is a no-kill shelter. Someone probably lost the
bumbling beast due to carelessness. I mean, how on earth do you lose a St.
Bernard?!

Jill

I wish all shelters were no-kill.

I believe she's lost simply because you don't see that many St.
Bernards running around to begin with, and as so many people think
they're beautiful, he wouldn't be that hard to home.

The good news is that particular breeds are rare in shelters and
chances are Charlie will be snapped up fast no matter where he went.

Purrs from Blossom and bowwows from Mutt that he finds his forever
home very fast.
Old September 22nd 03, 01:50 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

Make sure the pound is a no-kill shelter. Someone probably lost the
bumbling beast due to carelessness. I mean, how on earth do you lose a
St.
Bernard?!

Jill

We temporarily adopted one onece. She had been abandoned during a storm. We
already had a male one and it caused problems so we found another home for her.
Its amazing that someone would abandon one they're expensive dogs.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.
Old September 22nd 03, 05:13 PM
Jo Firey

"SUQKRT" wrote in message

In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

Make sure the pound is a no-kill shelter. Someone probably lost the
bumbling beast due to carelessness. I mean, how on earth do you lose a
St.
Bernard?!

Jill

We temporarily adopted one onece. She had been abandoned during a storm. We
already had a male one and it caused problems so we found another home for her.
Its amazing that someone would abandon one they're expensive dogs.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette

After she broke down the fence, and after spending some time with her, she was the
sweetest thing you can imagine, but I cannot imagine living with her 24/7. She is
huge and didn't appear to be trained at all. Didn't act like she had ever heard
down, or sit or stay. Plus this is far to hot a climate for such a dog. It will be
over 100 again today with wind. So it is possible that her owners are breathing a
sigh of relief, but I doubt it. Even it they don't reclaim her, someone will. There
is a sucker born every minute, and maybe this time she will find one that can handle
her.

Jo

Old September 22nd 03, 05:55 PM
Hopitus2

As I said, I've only seen a couple, total, in my life, even in Ca Bay
area.....the one that used to come here every winter belonged to a
"snowbird" (as we natives call them) who spent the hot months up north and
the cold ones down here, like most tourists do....he once told me what his
S.B. ate every day (he fed it hamburger) and even though I can't remember
how much, I *do* remember thinking it would keep our family of hoomins fed
for a week in hamburger main courses! His S.B. was spotless and
well-groomed....very much like a clean, good-natured bear, but cuter.

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
: "SUQKRT" wrote in message
: ...
:
: In article , "jmcquown"
: wrote:
:
:
:

Old September 22nd 03, 06:30 PM
Marina

"Jo Firey" wrote

After she broke down the fence, and after spending some time with her, she

was the
sweetest thing you can imagine, but I cannot imagine living with her 24/7.

She is
huge and didn't appear to be trained at all. Didn't act like she had ever

heard
down, or sit or stay. Plus this is far to hot a climate for such a dog.

It will be
over 100 again today with wind. So it is possible that her owners are

breathing a
sigh of relief, but I doubt it. Even it they don't reclaim her, someone

will. There
is a sucker born every minute, and maybe this time she will find one that

can handle
her.

I just remembered that a classmate of mine used to have a St Bernhard. They
also had a cat, who used to sleep between the paws of the St B. As I
remember it, she (the cat) kept him (the d*g) pretty well in check. ;o)

--
Marina

Old October 5th 03, 02:18 AM
KKat

My Missy kitten was best friends with my Sadie dog....they were both
heartbroken when we had to separate them.

Sadie went to live with the Ex after the divorce....long, ugly custody
battle, I lost because of my small apartment

--
Kat

"You cannot move mountains if you believe them to be mountains.
You must think of them as collections of small stones,
Which can be moved one at a time, and then reassembled."
-- The Tao of Meow

http://photos.yahoo.com/kiffens

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/lifewithfurballs.html

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...

Old October 5th 03, 06:07 PM
KKat

thanks, it was pretty rough. Getting over her has been much harder than
getting over the divorce. He offered to let me see her sometimes, but
that's even harder than not seeing her at all.

He takes good care of her and she's happy, so I can live with what happened,
but I sure do miss her stupid face.

--
Kat

"You cannot move mountains if you believe them to be mountains.
You must think of them as collections of small stones,
Which can be moved one at a time, and then reassembled."
-- The Tao of Meow

http://photos.yahoo.com/kiffens

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/lifewithfurballs.html
"polonca12000" wrote in message
I'm so sorry to hear you lost Sadie, Kat.
Hugs and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old October 6th 03, 10:39 PM
Yowie

"KKat" wrote in message
thanks, it was pretty rough. Getting over her has been much harder than
getting over the divorce. He offered to let me see her sometimes, but
that's even harder than not seeing her at all.

He takes good care of her and she's happy, so I can live with what

happened,
but I sure do miss her stupid face.

Fluffy sends as many wags, as much drool, and as many shtoopid doggy faces
as she can give you (which is a *lot*)

I'm sorry that you had to lose you Sadie, we get so attached to them.

Yowie