Virtual Community Research Report

Old July 7th 03, 07:04 PM
Anita Blanchard

Default Virtual Community Research Report

Hi Everbody--

I apologize if this message was already posted, but I posted it
earlier today and it hasn't shown up on my UNCC News account or on
Google! I've had lots of problems with my UNCC news acct, so the
problem may be there....would someone email me if you see this posted
on the group in case the problem is on my end! Thanks!

*************************
Hi Folks!

I have finished the preliminary analyses from the project you helped
me with this spring. (Thank you again!) Now, I am sending a link to
the research report.

There are a couple of ways you can get to the report:

* To download a MS word version (no viruses) go to:
http://www.uncc.edu/alblanch/#Research Look for the Models Of
Successful Virtual Communities bullet point and choose the Research
Report (MS Word version)

* To access the web version, simply click on this link:
http://www.uncc.edu/alblanch/ResearchReportforVCs.htm. You can also
get to the web version using the
http://www.uncc.edu/alblanch/#Research link, too.

I prefer the MS Word version. Some of the formatting is different in
the web version, but all the text is the same.

I welcome *any* comments, questions, or feedback you have! Also, your
group is "disguised" in the report, but it should be obvious who you
are! Let me know if it isn't!!

This was a very interesting project and I think there is quite a bit
we can learn from the study. I did not include a lot of the
statistics and previous research articles on virtual communities. If
you have questions about either of those, let me know and I will send
you the info.

Thank you all again, very much!

Anita

Anita Blanchard, Ph.D.
9201 University City Blvd.
Dept of Psychology
UNC Charlotte
Charlotte, NC 28223
homepage: http://www.uncc.edu/alblanch
email:
Phone: 704.687.4847
FAX: 704.687.3096
Old July 12th 03, 09:03 AM
Da Koster Katz

[Posted and emailed]

Anita Blanchard wrote:
Hi Everbody--

I apologize if this message was already posted, but I posted it
earlier today and it hasn't shown up on my UNCC News account or on
Google! I've had lots of problems with my UNCC news acct, so the
problem may be there....would someone email me if you see this posted
on the group in case the problem is on my end! Thanks!

*************************
Hi Folks!

I have finished the preliminary analyses from the project you helped
me with this spring. (Thank you again!) Now, I am sending a link to
the research report.

.....gently snipped

Anita Blanchard, Ph.D.

Anita, thank you for getting back to us with this! I bookmarked it, and
will read it more thoroughly when I'm not feeling braindead and it's
not the wee hours of the morning for me, but on preliminary glance it
looks very well-done. Good job! :-) It was a pleasure to help you
with this, and, as I said before, your professional approach was much
appreciated.

I saw only this copy, not the original one you sent, so it looks like
that one may not have made it out into cyberspace.

Joan

****Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.****

Koster Katz: http://www.willapabay.org/~seabreez
RPCC Glossary: http://www.willapabay.org/~seabreez/glossary.html

Old July 14th 03, 01:57 AM
Anita Blanchard

Da Koster Katz wrote in message ...
[Posted and emailed]

I saw only this copy, not the original one you sent, so it looks like
that one may not have made it out into cyberspace.

Joan

Hi Joan!

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I had a problem sending the
actual document out--although I thought I had done it successfully
here! Computer goblins again!

I will try again tomorrow morning!

Thanks!
Anita
Old July 14th 03, 05:56 AM
Da Koster Katz

Anita Blanchard wrote:

Da Koster Katz wrote in message ...

[Posted and emailed]

I saw only this copy, not the original one you sent, so it looks like
that one may not have made it out into cyberspace.

Joan

Hi Joan!

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I had a problem sending the
actual document out--although I thought I had done it successfully
here! Computer goblins again!

I will try again tomorrow morning!

Thanks!
Anita

The second copy did show up, that was the one I responded to. And it is
the only one that showed up on Google, as well, so it sounds like the
first one is the only thing that didn't make it.

Joan

[Posted and emailed]