How I found my hoomins

Old September 2nd 04, 05:51 AM
Mischief

Default How I found my hoomins

Hey everyone,

Haven't a chance to really brainstorm a story. I just started school
on Monday. I"m now taking all the advanced RVT courses and already I
have a lot of reading and reviewing to do. Also I'm the new editor of
the RVT newsletter. And on top of still working at the vet clinic, so
I'm going to be busy.

But here's a story I had posted on my website, when Mischief took over
my computer.

I had been wandering for a long time. I was far away from my home and
my family, and couldn't find my way back. My days were pretty much
spent looking for food. Sometimes I saw other cats also wandering
about. Some were nice, but some were mean and I had to defend myself.
Others had collars on and had lots of stories about their humans and
their warm homes. *sigh* I wish I had a home.

Water was pretty easy to find, cause every now and then a house had a
big pool of water in the ground. I wonder what they use it for,
anyway. The water tasted kinda funny, but it was better than nothing.
And sometimes humans gave me food, but they didn't take me inside.

One evening I was behind this large building, drinking out of the pool
of water when a human walked up. She called to me in a friendly voice,
so I thought I'd check her out. She began to pet me and scratch me.
Ooooo, it had been a long time since I had felt that. She sat on the
stairs and talked to me. She asked me where my home was, and where
were my humans? I tried to tell her I didn't know, and kept rubbing up
against her. I figured I could get some food out of her. Then the
human picked me and carried me up the stairs. Where were we going?
We approached a door and the human kicked it a few times with her
foot. I found that odd, since humans never have problems with doors.
The door opened and another human was there.

"Quick, shut the door!"
"Kristi, where did you find that?"
"Right outside, it was rubbing up against me. Isn't he adorable?"

Guess the human couldn't tell I was female, but I didn't mind. I was
out of the cold. I looked around the new place. It was warm, and was
filled with interesting smells. In fact, what was that smell? Is that
what I think it is?

"I can't believe you brought that in."
"Don't worry, it'll be fine. Where's Imp? Do you think he'll like
him?"

There was no mistake, there was another cat here. These humans must
have also found him outside and he was kissing up to them. How DARE
he!? Did he know how much I went through just to get this far? Where
is he? I'll show him that I'M the cat that's in charge!

'HISSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Grrrrrrrr!! Who are you? You think you're just
another stray that these humans took pity on, didn't you?'

'Ummmm....,well.....'

'Grrrrrrrr!!!! I've been wandering around for much longer than you!
I'm in charge now! These are my humans!'

'Hey, I think you have the wrong idea...'

'Grrrrrrrrr!!! Hisssss!! Get out of here!!'

'Sheesh, okay, okay, fine!'

I saw him run off, and heard the humans mumble something about
'territorial', then I started purring and rubbing up against them
again. Then the first human picked me up, carried me into another room
and set me down in front of a food dish. FOOD!!! At last!! I was
starving!!
After I had eaten, the humans picked me up and started rubbing me with
a wet cloth. What were they thinking? Didn't they know I could wash
myself? It was okay for a while, but then the humans tried looking at
my private parts! These humans were not as nice as I thought, so I
jumped down and ran to the front door. I wasn't staying here any
longer.

"Mrow!" Let me out!

"Wow, look at him, you think he's a stray?"
"I don't know, the way he was rubbing up against me, he must have an
owner."

"Mroowwww!!!" I'm female, you stupid humans, let me out!!

"Okay, I get it, you want out."

The human that found me opened the door. Freedom!! I trotted out to
the place where she found me. Then I started thinking about where to
go next. Then I heard her voice and saw she was sitting on the stairs
behind me. What did she want now?

"Kitty, do you have a home?"

Well, no I didn't, and I didn't have anyplace else to go.

"Do you want to come back inside, kitty?"

I didn't know what to do. She and that other human might try to molest
me again.

"I can give you some more food."

Food? She did have a point. So I turned around and started rubbing
against her leg. She stood up and walked back to her home, and I
followed her back inside. But when I got there, the other cat was
STILL there!!

'HISSSSSSS!! GRRRRRR!! What are you still doing here?'

'Look, I don't know what your problem is, lady, but I LIVE here.'

'GRRRRRRRR!!!! Get away from me, or I'll slice you in half!'

'Hey! There's no need to make threats at me.'

'You toms are all the same. Get away from my food.'

'YOUR food? That's MY food! HISSSSSSSS!!!'

'GRRRRRRRR!!!!'

"Damn, you think we ought to separate them?"
"They should be okay, but we should keep an eye on them."

That night while I slept, I kept a watchful eye on the intruding tom.
And the humans were nice, but not too bright. They started calling me
'Mr. Gray'; they still couldn't tell I was female. But at least they
gave me lots of scratches. I haven't purred so much in a long time.
One human found just the right spot and I started drooling. It felt
soooooo good!
The next day the human that found me picked me up and put me in a
large plastic box. I could only see out the front, through a cage
door. Where was this human taking me? After what seemed like forever,
I pulled out by this other human with cold hands. He began to look at
my eyes, ears, mouth and rear. It was so embarrassing!

Then he stuck a needle in my neck! Man did that hurt! I just wanted to
get out. Then the human that found me took this yellow gunk and
squirted it into my mouth. Bleah!! She said something about killing
worms, but I didn't care. I was being violated!! Then the man said
that I was a healthy female cat and shoved me back into the box. When
we got home, the human let me out and said, 'I think I'll call you
Mischief Gray, does that suit you?' It was okay, but it was better
than being called a boy.

Man I started meowing and demanding to be let out. Sure this place was
warm and cozy, but I wasn't about to stay here and get violated so
more.

"Meoooooww!! MEOOOOW!!!" LET ME OUTTA HERE!!

"Will you cut it out, you silly cat? You're going to get us evicted!"

"MEEEOOOOOWW!!"THEN LET ME OUT!!

"Why do you think she's making a lot of noise? I let her go yesterday
and she came right back."

"MEEOOOW!!" I came back cause you promised me food! You didn't tell me
about the man with cold hands!

"I dunno, maybe she's in heat or something."

"MEEEOOWW!!!" Come on, please let me out! Yeah, you're heading towards
the door.....come on, open it, you dumb human. Hey, stop scratching
me! If you think scratching me is going to....ooooo......now come on,
I'm seriously.....oh, not there,
not.....purrrrrrrrrrrrrpurrrrrrrrpurrrrrrrr

What can I say, I was overpowered by their scratches, so I decided to
stay one more day. But the next day, I was shoved into the plastic box
AGAIN. Where was I going this time? I arrived at a place with a TON of
weird smells. I saw other cats in cages too, and I was scared. The
following is what was going on in my little furry head.

Is this the place animals are always talking about?
The one where pets go and never come back?
Where is the human that found me?
Who is this human that touching me?
Hey, that needle hurts!
Wait a sec, this seems familiar. The last time I was in a place like
this..............(snoring)

When I woke up, I was back in the box. I felt a little woozy, so I
decided to wash up. When I got to my belly, I was shocked to discover
there was NO FUR! Where was my belly fur? Then the human that found me
appeared and took me home. All the way home, I protested her treatment
of me.

"Meeooow!" What did you think you were doing, leaving me there?"

"Awwww, it's okay, kitty. I was just checking to make sure you
couldn't have babies, and the vet said you've already have been
spayed."

"Meeeeooooooow!" You dumb human, I already went through all that
before when I was a kitten. I would have told you if you had bothered
to ask!

That was the last straw. I made up my mind that as soon as we arrived
home, I was sooooooooo outta there. When she let out, I headed
straight for the door to escape when I smelled something. What was it?

It smelled.....DELICIOUS!! I forgot all about the door and headed to
the kitchen where the other human was standing. I announced with a
meow that I was hungry and she looked down.
"MEOW!" I'm hungry!

"Hi there, Mischief? Are you hungry? Would you like some tuna?"

"MEEEEOOOOOWWW!" TUNA? I haven't had tuna in AGES! Gimme gimme gimme!

"meow?"

I turned around and saw that other cat. I hissed at him to let him
know it was MY tuna.

'Hissssss!' This is MY tuna!

'Look will you relax? That's not what I came over here for.'

'Well, what do you want? Keep your distance!'

'Are you planning on staying here?'

I stopped hissing and thought about it. If I left, I would be free,
but I would be giving up a warm place to stay, and not to mention the
food. If I stayed, I'd have to tolerate living with humans that could
molest me, but that scratched and fed me. I'd also have to tolerate
sharing this place with another cat.

'I think I'll stay for the moment.' I figured I'd stay one more day
and then make my escape tomorrow.

'That's good to hear. My name is Imp, may I sniff you?'

'Hisssssss!! Get away from me!!'

'Hey!! HISSSSS!!! What is your problem?'

'Right now, YOU are the problem! Grrrrrrrr! BEAT IT!!'

'Hey!! I was here FIRST! HISSSSS!'

'Well, I'm here now, and since I'm going to stay, you better know
right now that I'M the one running the show!

That was many months ago. Now, I have come to love my new home. The
human that found me, I call her Mama Kristi, gives me lots of love,
along with the other human, I call her Mommy Kristen.

Imp and I, well, we're not bosom buddies, you could say that I've
learned to tolerate his presence. We play tag a lot and like to
wrestle, but he knows now that I'm the one in charge. He knows to let
me eat first and not to cross me. Every now and then though he'll try
to ambush me, but I'll have none of that. I am the queen!

*YAWN!* Time to go stare out the window.........

Cheers,

Kristi
Old September 2nd 04, 02:35 PM
CatNipped

"Mischief" wrote in message
om...
Hey everyone,

Haven't a chance to really brainstorm a story. I just started school
on Monday. I"m now taking all the advanced RVT courses and already I
have a lot of reading and reviewing to do. Also I'm the new editor of
the RVT newsletter. And on top of still working at the vet clinic, so
I'm going to be busy.

But here's a story I had posted on my website, when Mischief took over
my computer.

Awwwww! Kristi, that was sooooo cute. Thanks for the story!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 2nd 04, 10:35 PM
Tanada

Mischief wrote:

Hey everyone,

Haven't a chance to really brainstorm a story. I just started school
on Monday. I"m now taking all the advanced RVT courses and already I
have a lot of reading and reviewing to do. Also I'm the new editor of
the RVT newsletter. And on top of still working at the vet clinic, so
I'm going to be busy.

But here's a story I had posted on my website, when Mischief took over
my computer.

Thanks Mischief. You wrote a very good story about finding your mamas.

Pam S.

Old September 3rd 04, 04:16 AM
Sam Nash

"Mischief" wrote in message