Buffy licked the bird feeder

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 24th 19, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy licked the bird feeder

I had to bring the bird feeder inside tonight. I heard a chittering
sound which could only mean one thing. Raccoons. Sure enough, when I
flipped on the outside lights there was a raccoon on the patio.

I don't mind if they eat fallen bird seed on the patio or the ground
around the patio. But I've had enough of raccoons ripping bird feeders
to pieces over the years. So I brought it inside.

I set the feeder just inside the door in the living room. It's been
slightly dewy outside tonight. I caught Buffy licking the top of the
bird feeder. The dew? But then she started licking at the bird seed in
the base, too. Nope! Not for you!

I put the feeder in the enclosed garage for the night. Funny how she
doesn't pay much attention to the birds but she was interested in the
feeder. It't not the first time I've brought it inside and set it in
that same spot. It is the first time she ever licked the feeder like that.

Jill