Any safe port

Old February 27th 04, 08:31 PM
John Biltz

Default Any safe port

With the rains and cloud cover it has been warmer at night so I was on my
patio late last night when I heard cats screaming in anger and challenge.
OK with Maya being Maya that is not that unusual a thing, then a cat
came flying under the wall and ran deep into the condo. Now that was
strange, never seen Maya run from another cat like that before. I went
out to chase the cat away when Maya, Bruiser, and Matthew all came out.
Bruiser looked confused and Maya seemed curious and Matthew looked
worried. Wait a minute, Matthew? Matthew looks a lot like Maya in the
dark, they are the same size and while differently colored the markings
are not real obvious and all I saw was a tail going by and it wasn't
Bruiser's long, fluffy magnificence. So Matthew bit off more than he
could chew and ran to the closest place he felt safe. He always ran home
before. He came by this morning and the boys were chasing each other
around the living room like a track was laid out. Pretty amazing how
much noise two cats can make when they don't care and are making leaps of
up to four feet on and off a cat tree.

The Littermaid automatic self cleaning litter box died yesterday. I've
had it a couple of years. It was really dirty on the outside and it
needed scrubbing. I didn't short anything but I think I got some litter
in the gearing and it stopped it while it was running. I could hear the
motor trying to move it, but its froze up.

Old February 28th 04, 02:56 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

John Biltz wrote:

before. He came by this morning and the boys were chasing each other
around the living room like a track was laid out. Pretty amazing how
much noise two cats can make when they don't care and are making leaps of
up to four feet on and off a cat tree.

I once lived on the upper floor of an old house in which the church next
door (my landlord) operated a nursery school on the ground floor during
the day. There were hardwood floors and a long hallway with all the
rooms opening off of it. The kids in the nursery school must have
thought I had a couple of Great Danes up there! The cats (two) would
chase each other from room to room, with such momentum that they'd
sometimes run halfway up the hallway walls before they could stop! (The
people who moved in after me must have wondered about all those
pawprints up to three feet above floor level on the white walls!)
Old February 28th 04, 04:55 AM
Marina

"John Biltz" wrote
With the rains and cloud cover it has been warmer at night so I was on my
patio late last night when I heard cats screaming in anger and challenge.
OK with Maya being Maya that is not that unusual a thing, then a cat
came flying under the wall and ran deep into the condo. Now that was
strange, never seen Maya run from another cat like that before. I went
out to chase the cat away when Maya, Bruiser, and Matthew all came out.
Bruiser looked confused and Maya seemed curious and Matthew looked
worried. Wait a minute, Matthew?

snippetty

How nice that Matthew feels so safe at yours. I suspect you may soon have a
three-cat household. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old February 28th 04, 05:35 AM
LOL

[...]

Awwww, it's sweet that Matthew thinks of your place as another home.
It warms my heart to read on this group over and over about kitties
who take it quite for granted that they are loved and secure. :-)

Bummer about your Littermaid - those things are expensive!

------
Krista
Old February 28th 04, 07:18 AM
John Biltz

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 21:35:59 -0800, LOL wrote
(in article ) :

Bummer about your Littermaid - those things are expensive!

Yeah, I am not planning on replacing it soon. It didn't seem to be doing
as good a job lately of cleaning the litter as it did when it was new.
You wouldn't think age could affect it but I think it was. I am home all
day so it is not that hard for me to clean it myself particularly since
it is warming up outside. If I ever find a job I'll get one then.