Mad kitty!

Old October 26th 04, 07:05 PM
Yoj

"Helen Wheels" wrote in message

I confess that I can hear the difference in Brit vs Aussie accent, I

don't
think I could dintinguish Kiwi from Aussi.
Suz

Just ask them what three plus three is - if it sounds like sux, you've
got yourself a Kiwi.

(Helen Wheels, just waiting for an EnZedder to add that if they say

five
you've got an Australian)

LOL! This reminds me - we recently had a person visit our Toastmasters
club. I didn't notice anything unusual about the way he spoke, but I
didn't hear everything he said. One of the members said, "Are you from
Canada?" He admitted it and asked, "What gave me away?" The member
replied, "Aboot" (for "about").

Joy

Old October 26th 04, 07:08 PM
Yoj

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
O J had some very interesting things to say
about "go down cellar":

I want to raise a point that's just been touched on in this thread.
That is, how quickly we revert to our childhood accent when we've

been
speaking to someone from 'home'. DH is the worst (best??) at this --
if she speaks with another New Yawker, she'll have an East Coast
accent for a week. I used to work in a maintenance organization

where
I spoke with folk from all over the country and as we waited while I
got the site technician on-line, we had a few moments to chat.
Usually the first topic was my nickname, but the second was where we
were located followed by where we were originally from.

When I was in tech support, I frequently wound up chatting with
callers during long operations about who was in what geographical
area, what the weather was like in each person's area, what the
company the caller was from [if applicable] did, etc. :-)

I've noticed that if I spend long enough talking to someone with a
strong accent, I tend to pick up the accent. I do NOT do it
intentionally.

--

I don't think I pick up accents, but I do tend to pick up speech
patterns. After two trips to Australia, I have to be careful about

Joy

Old October 26th 04, 07:20 PM
Exocat

The most excruciatingly bad attempt at an English accent it's ever
been my misfortune to hear. Unfortunately. Ruined a great show for me.

Purrs

Gordon & the TT

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

"Bobcat" wrote

Antony LaPaglia
And on TV as Frasier fans among us know he was a treat as Daphne's
ne'er-do-well brother Simon, slipping into a Brit accent for the
part.

Old October 26th 04, 08:21 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:20:14 +0100, "Exocat"
yodeled:

The most excruciatingly bad attempt at an English accent it's ever
been my misfortune to hear. Unfortunately. Ruined a great show for me.

Purrs

Gordon & the TT

That was the consensus from the show's English fans. Made me glad
I wasn't handicapped in that way-- they deprived themselves of a
absolutely hysterical comic performance.

Theresa

My 24 hour kitty O J Cat anecdotes 39 August 20th 04 10:23 AM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM