RIP icanhazcheezburger?

Old August 31st 12, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default RIP icanhazcheezburger?

Their new user interface is just about unusable. Very very slow,
often doesn't succeed in loading complete pages, and worst of all:
I used to access pages via their RSS feed in my Firefox bookmarks
toolbar. That is no longer being updated, and there doesn't seem
to be any way of getting a list of recent pages.

Does their new interface work for anybody here?

Or should I just remove my bookmarks to them and forget they ever
existed?

Old August 31st 12, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Friday, August 31, 2012 12:22:45 PM UTC-6, Jack Campin wrote:
Their new user interface is just about unusable. Very very slow,

often doesn't succeed in loading complete pages, and worst of all:

I used to access pages via their RSS feed in my Firefox bookmarks

toolbar. That is no longer being updated, and there doesn't seem

to be any way of getting a list of recent pages.

Does their new interface work for anybody here?

Or should I just remove my bookmarks to them and forget they ever

existed?

Seems to be working for me. I don't like it, but it works shrug.
Old August 31st 12, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On Friday, August 31, 2012 12:22:45 PM UTC-6, Jack Campin wrote:
Their new user interface is just about unusable. Very very slow,

often doesn't succeed in loading complete pages, and worst of all:

I used to access pages via their RSS feed in my Firefox bookmarks

toolbar. That is no longer being updated, and there doesn't seem

to be any way of getting a list of recent pages.

Does their new interface work for anybody here?

Or should I just remove my bookmarks to them and forget they ever

existed?

Seems to be working for me. I don't like it, but it works shrug.

Are you getting the daily email, or accessing it at their site. I get the
daily email, and haven't noticed any difference, other than the fact that
they have more cartoons and such and fewer of the animal photos than they
used to.

Joy

Old September 1st 12, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
Their new user interface is just about unusable. Very very slow,
often doesn't succeed in loading complete pages, and worst of all:
I used to access pages via their RSS feed in my Firefox bookmarks
toolbar. That is no longer being updated, and there doesn't seem
to be any way of getting a list of recent pages.

Does their new interface work for anybody here?

Or should I just remove my bookmarks to them and forget they ever
existed?

I stopped going there as I got a computer virus from the site, but have just
gone there again and it works well for me. Try removing it from your
favourites and reloading
http://search.orange.co.uk/all?q=ica...nk=&home=false

Old September 1st 12, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Im using ie 7 and its working but loads slow

I had to click 20 pages to make sure hahaha

Old September 1st 12, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
Their new user interface is just about unusable. Very very slow,
often doesn't succeed in loading complete pages, and worst of all:
I used to access pages via their RSS feed in my Firefox bookmarks
toolbar. That is no longer being updated, and there doesn't seem
to be any way of getting a list of recent pages.

Does their new interface work for anybody here?

Or should I just remove my bookmarks to them and forget they ever
existed?

I stopped going there as I got a computer virus from the site, but have
just
gone there again and it works well for me. Try removing it from your
favourites and reloading
http://search.orange.co.uk/all?q=ica...nk=&home=false

oh i went to lol cats

hmm i dunno

Old September 1st 12, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Friday, August 31, 2012 3:29:06 PM UTC-6, Joy wrote:
[...]

I just went to the site. It loaded quickly, full page, no problems, just not as good as I remember it being (where I could lose 2 hours, no problem).
Old September 2nd 12, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Jack Campin wrote:
Their new user interface is just about unusable. Very very slow,
often doesn't succeed in loading complete pages, and worst of all:
I used to access pages via their RSS feed in my Firefox bookmarks
toolbar. That is no longer being updated, and there doesn't seem
to be any way of getting a list of recent pages.

Does their new interface work for anybody here?

Or should I just remove my bookmarks to them and forget they ever
existed?

I'm not having any problems with it using Chrome or Safari, have tried it
with Firefox yet.
--
Adrian
Old September 5th 12, 11:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

On Friday, August 31, 2012 2:22:45 PM UTC-4, Jack Campin wrote:
Their new user interface is just about unusable. Very very slow, often doesn't succeed in loading complete pages, and worst of all: I used to access pages via their RSS feed in my Firefox bookmarks toolbar. That is no longer being updated, and there doesn't seem to be any way of getting a list of recent pages. Does their new interface work for anybody here? Or should I just remove my bookmarks to them and forget they ever existed? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u k Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU, Scotland mobile 07800 739 557 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin

They new format is totally blocked at work, so I had to give up ALL of my morning cheezburger sites. it's very depressing.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita