Anyone know what's happened to

Old December 17th 12, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Anyone know what's happened to

On Monday, December 17, 2012 6:58:18 AM UTC-7, MaryL wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message

I lurk mostly in here anymore. Some have issues with GG, so it's blocked

from them. The last few times I posted, seemed like no one saw (or cared).

I do read, from time-to-time. I offer my songs/dances/offerings when purrs

are needed and I get the (*11* kids now) clowder going.

You were, are, always will be, my beloved friend Tweed. We may not speak,

but you are often in my thoughts (and always in my offerings, to be happy,

to be well, to get new neighbo(u)rs smile). While I appreciate that you

feel I had so much to do with your continuing recovery, I believe it was the

power of the *group*, offering up prayers and purrs and positive energy for

you. Strength in numbers, and all that.

My love to everyone here, who remembers me (fondly or otherwise).

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Thanks for the heads up that Tweed was asking after me.

~~~~~~~~

Please keep posting. And please be assured that if you post and no one

responds, that does *not* mean that no one saw or cared about your message.

That's something that happens to all of us from time to time because we will

often read through messages and then only respond in a rather haphazard way.

I know I always enjoyed reading your messages.

MaryL

Mary (and Jill),

I know I said I thought no one cared, and that was poor word choice. I do know that some people block Google (because of the spammers who use it). I figured it was more that the post wasn't seen, due to GG. The not caring was more about posting something rather dull (truth be told).

I'll try to stay a bit more active, so long as GG keeps working (it does tend to act up, and then I can't post for days). I've tried downloading programs like Agent, and newsfeeds, but either I'm doing something horridly wrong (very likely) or my ISP doesn't like *that* part of the internet.

I really do read here, not as often as I used to, but frequently. No one is very far from my thoughts smile.

SD (Annie)
Old December 17th 12, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 18/12/2012 2:15 AM, Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
[...]

Good to see you again, Annie!

Yowie (fellow lurker)
Old December 17th 12, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On Monday, December 17, 2012 6:58:18 AM UTC-7, MaryL wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message

I lurk mostly in here anymore. Some have issues with GG, so it's blocked

from them. The last few times I posted, seemed like no one saw (or
cared).

I do read, from time-to-time. I offer my songs/dances/offerings when
purrs

are needed and I get the (*11* kids now) clowder going.

You were, are, always will be, my beloved friend Tweed. We may not speak,

but you are often in my thoughts (and always in my offerings, to be happy,

Thank you. You will always be a beloved friend to me, Annie.

Tweed

Old December 18th 12, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/17/2012 10:15 AM, Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
[...]

I no longer have Google or gmail blocked. I had to change to
Thunderbird for my newsreader and setting it up frustrated me for weeks!
(To think I used to do software support for a living.) Now that I'm
getting used to it, I filter specific people (not on this ng!) rather
than entire domains. I haven't seen any spam since the switch. Not
like there used to be. So stick around, post when you have time

Jill
Old December 18th 12, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Monday, December 17, 2012 1:34:01 PM UTC-7, Yowie wrote:
[...]

and very good to see, Ms Yowie.
Old December 18th 12, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Monday, December 17, 2012 1:51:48 PM UTC-7, Christina Websell wrote:

Thank you. You will always be a beloved friend to me, Annie.

Tweed

Thanks Tweed. I have tried to keep up on the naughty neighbo(u)rs you ended up with. Often shaking my head in disbelief at the sheer stupidity of people.

Usually though, by the end of your update posts, I'm laughing, thinking, "Those poor people, they have no idea what they have walked into..." As my granddaughter says, "I'nna be you when I grows up".
Old December 18th 12, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Monday, December 17, 2012 5:14:08 PM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Jill,

Now that you mention that, did you ever find more Turbie Twists (I had posted a link to Target when they had them in stock, which they no longer do, apparently)? Amazon.com has them, if you haven't.
Old December 19th 12, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On Monday, December 17, 2012 1:51:48 PM UTC-7, Christina Websell wrote:

Thank you. You will always be a beloved friend to me, Annie.

Tweed

Thanks Tweed. I have tried to keep up on the naughty neighbo(u)rs you
ended up with. Often shaking my head in disbelief at the sheer stupidity
of people.

Usually though, by the end of your update posts, I'm laughing, thinking,
"Those poor people, they have no idea what they have walked into..." As
my granddaughter says, "I'nna be you when I grows up".

We could easily have been friends but they've been so dreadful it's just not
possible.
We are in a state of truce atm. I threw their leaves back and they haven't
messed with me again.
Maybe they got the point that it seems aggressive to sweep up the fallen
leaves from their trees and throw them over into my garden.

Old December 20th 12, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:23:33 PM UTC-7, Christina Websell wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message

Usually though, by the end of your update posts, I'm laughing, thinking,

"Those poor people, they have no idea what they have walked into..." As

my granddaughter says, "I'nna be you when I grows up".

We could easily have been friends but they've been so dreadful it's just not

possible.

We are in a state of truce atm. I threw their leaves back and they haven't

messed with me again.

Maybe they got the point that it seems aggressive to sweep up the fallen

leaves from their trees and throw them over into my garden.

I have a neighbor in the new place with a large female pit bull. Girly(the pit bull) is very sweet, and minds me really well. I caught the neighbor's brother-in-law throwing her poo into my yard the other day. I asked him what he was doing, and he said, "It's your dog's crap, not mine, I walk her.." I came inside, grabbed my dog, took him outside, and asked the young man (he's 18), do you honestly think it's humanly (or dogly) possible for *him* (Nikolai, my 4 pound Yorkie) to have dumped *that* (a poo that was roughly his size)? Srsly?

The kid's dad (who also lives there) came out, saw/heard the argument and made the kid come over and clean it up. Kept telling me how sorry he was. I said not to be, that teens will be what they will be, but that I appreciated him taking the responsibility. Some people can be very good about being neighborly, others... Not so much.

Where I used to live, another neighbor always wanted our leaves and grass clippings, she used it in her gardening patch to hold in moisture (high desert valley) for her vegetables. Maybe they thought you wanted mulch (joking, dear, I know they weren't being kind).
Old December 20th 12, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

merry xmas early Annie :-)
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On Friday, December 14, 2012 8:35:21 PM UTC-7, Christina Websell wrote:
"Bastette" wrote in message

Christina Websell wrote:
"Bastette" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

Stormee (Lee) and (much longer) Theresa from NYC? It's been a long
time
since I saw a post from either of them. I know Lee was dealing with
lots of stuff, but Theresa stopped posting years ago. I was
thinking
about her the other night.
Didn't Lee have a house fire a while ago? Has anyone been in touch
with her?

Theresa was last seen on ... Cute Overload? ICHC? I posted about that
not
long ago, but I'd gotten the site wrong, and now I don't remember
which
one
is the right one. I don't know why she stopped posting here, but I
suspect
it was because of various long conflicts and flame wars. It would be
nice
to know how Dante is doing.

Long conflicts and flame wars? I never saw them on here.

OK, medium-sized conflicts and flame wars. We have had them here - I've
even been in a few myself. Not as bad as some newsgroups, that's for
sure

Theresa stopped
posting here after her beloved Stinky passed away. Lee often posts on
the
community group but not since August. I don't go there but downloaded
the
posts just to see if she was there. she isn't.

I might be able to get in touch with her as we shared sight problems
and
we
private mailed a few times but I'm not sure if I kept her mails.
Would
you like me to try?

I will if you want me to, but she does know where the groups are if
she
wants us.

Tweed, if you're asking me personally, you don't need to go searching.
As you say, she'll find us if she wants to! I can't speak for anyone
else,
though.

I really miss Smokie Darling Annie. Using her American Indian skills she
did those wonderful things that I am sure helped me get well from my
cancer.
If you are reading this Annie, your dance and offerings for me has worked
up
to now. Against the odds, I am still alive.

I was given only weeks. In 2005.
you helped and you are my beloved INDN friend.

Tweed