Ping Victor Revolution Purchase Online

Old July 11th 05, 06:20 PM
CatNipped

Default Ping Victor Revolution Purchase Online

Victor, wasn't it you who said you buy the large dog Revolution for your
cats online and then break it down for cats to save money? If not, please
anyone jump in to correct any wrong assumptions.

As I see it, at petmeds.com the prices a

3 cat dosages (.75mL of 60 mg/mL potency each) is $36.99 US
3 large dog dosages (3.0mL of 120 mg/mL potency each) (or 24 cat dosages @
..75mL of 60 mg/mL potency each) is $59.99 US

So, for cat purchase it comes down to $16.44 US per mL; and for large dog
purchase (to use for cats) it comes down to $3.33 US per mL (since you have
to halve it for potency). Or, to put it in price per dosage, it's: cat
purchase $12.33 US per dose; and for large dog purchase (to use for cats)
it's $2.50 US per dose. That's quite a difference - or did I screw up the
math?

And Petscriptions.com has large dog Revolution for $49.25 US - even better
savings.

I just wanted to be sure I've figured out the dosages correctly - since the
large dog dosage uses 120 mg/mL I would have to split the dosage in half
again (besides dividing the dosage for amount) right?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 11th 05, 07:02 PM
Victor M

CatNipped wrote:
Victor, wasn't it you who said you buy the large dog Revolution for your
cats online and then break it down for cats to save money? If not, please

Yes, I do that. Which reminds me, the cats are due for their monthly
application.

And Petscriptions.com has large dog Revolution for $49.25 US - even better
savings.

That's where I get mine, and if you buy $90 (or something like that)
worth of stuff, you get free shipping.

I just wanted to be sure I've figured out the dosages correctly - since the
large dog dosage uses 120 mg/mL I would have to split the dosage in half
again (besides dividing the dosage for amount) right?

I do the math based on the mg. The dosage for adult cats is 45mg, the
large dog vials contain 360mg in 3ml, so each cat gets 0.375 ml. I use
a diabetic (?) syringe to dose it out.

Hope this helps.

Victor

Old July 11th 05, 07:35 PM
Nan

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:20:06 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

[...]

CN, Petshed.com has a 3 month supply of Revolution for large dogs for
$34.95 and shipping is only $5.00 per item.

Purrs and Hugs,

Nan
Old July 11th 05, 08:05 PM
CatNipped

"Victor M" wrote in message
oups.com...
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Right, according to this:

http://www.revolution4dogs.com/PAHim...compliance.pdf

the potency for large dogs is twice that for cats. So the .375 mL is
correct. Thanks, I'm glad you verified that for me - this will be my first
time doing this so I wanted to be sure to get it right.

Thanks Victor!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 11th 05, 08:06 PM
CatNipped

@
[...]

Does that need a vet's approval? Petscription.com does, but Petmeds.com
doesn't (and Petmeds.com is a bit more expensive).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 11th 05, 08:06 PM
CatNipped

"Victor M" wrote in message
oups.com...
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Oh, forgot to ask - Petscription.com is asking for a vet. How do you get
around that? Or does your vet OK the prescription for a large dog?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 11th 05, 08:24 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

wrote:

[...]

Have you tied http://www.drsfostersmith.com/
Not sure about Revolution, but they sell Frontline without vet approval.
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old July 11th 05, 08:26 PM
CatNipped

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

Yeah, so do the other sites, but not Revolution. I think because Revolution
is also for heartworm and ear mites there might be a different requirement
for it.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
The ONE and ONLY

former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old July 11th 05, 09:03 PM
Nan

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:06:01 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

I didn't see anything on their website about a vet's approval. It's
an Australian company that ships to the US.

I ordered Frontline Plus from them on July 1 and it came today airmail
from Australia. My vet wanted $85 for a 6 months supply of Frontline
Plus for the d*g (he's a big d*g) and I got it for $54.95 including
shipping from PetShed.

Purrs and Hugs,

Nan
Old July 11th 05, 10:07 PM
Victor M

CatNipped wrote:
Oh, forgot to ask - Petscription.com is asking for a vet. How do you get
around that? Or does your vet OK the prescription for a large dog?

I talked it over with my vet and she agreed.

Victor