More of Kenzie's supplies....

Old October 27th 10, 08:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default More of Kenzie's supplies....

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)" wrote in message
I have 22 tins of sardines, and 13, 25 pound bags of cheap clay litter.

Sardines are good for you. I like to make sandwiches with them.

As for disposing of litter pan solids, I use those plastic bags from
WalMart and tie the tops so the smell doesn't escape. They go right into
the trashcan.

I get two newspapers every day. Most of the time, one of both of them is in
a long plastic bag. They're perfect for disposing of litter pan solids and
easy to tie.

Joy

Old October 27th 10, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 06:30:11 GMT, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com
(Gandalf) wrote:

I'm not going to get RID of anything I can use.

I'm going to give the open cat food to a neighbor, save the litter for
the next cat, and eat the sardines, or most of them, because I'm
hungry

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

"Life without cats IS only marginally worth living."
-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

I've read that sardines are actually pretty healthy for you since
they're low on the food chain and don't get as much mercury as fish
higher up (tuna, salmon). My favorite way to eat them is,
unfortunately, on a toasted sandwich with lots of butter. So much for
being healthy. I've noticed that almost everything tastes better with
butter.
Old October 27th 10, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Oct 26, 11:19*pm, "Kelly Greene" wrote:

As for disposing of litter pan solids, I use those plastic bags from WalMart
and tie the tops so the smell doesn't escape. They go right into the
trashcan.

I scoop clumps into a carrier bag then throw them in the kitchen bin-
they just go out with the household waste- once a week I dump the
contents of one tray (We have two) into a bin liner and seal that then
take it out seperately

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old October 28th 10, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^^=[_4_]

"Kelly Greene"
" (Gandalf)" I have 22 tins of sardines, and 13, 25 pound bags of cheap
clay litter.

Sardines are good for you. I like to make sandwiches with them.

As for disposing of litter pan solids, I use those plastic bags from
WalMart and tie the tops so the smell doesn't escape. They go right into
the trashcan.

We put the litter pan solids in cheap gallon size zip lock bags and then
into Kroeger or other plastic bags, because they want us to double bag
litter. They go out into big trash bags on Wed nites, with the other
garbage.
Love, Kyla and kitties

Old October 28th 10, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
On Oct 26, 11:19 pm, "Kelly Greene" wrote:

As for disposing of litter pan solids, I use those plastic bags from
WalMart
and tie the tops so the smell doesn't escape. They go right into the
trashcan.

I scoop clumps into a carrier bag then throw them in the kitchen bin-
they just go out with the household waste- once a week I dump the
contents of one tray (We have two) into a bin liner and seal that then
take it out seperately
-----------
When KFC got too confused to go outside to toilet, which she always
preferred, she took well to a litterbox and I used to do what you do, seal
the contents and put it in my bin.
Boyfie believes that litter is evil and would never *go* in it but since his
box is now filled with earth and leaves, he never wakes me up now. I don't
think he uses it, but it reassures him that he can if he needs to. It will
have new earth & leaves in every week just in case he'd got desperate by
being kept in overnight and used it, which I doubt. He truly has a bladder
the size of the planet and will stay in for 36 hours if it's raining or
(horror) snow.
Tweed

Old October 28th 10, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

(Gandalf) wrote:

[...]

Yesterday, after the talk about sardines, I had a sardine sandwich for
lunch -- toasted potato bread, a little yellow mustard and a little
dill relish -- delicious. TuTu also had a sardine for her lunch and
she loved it. I did mention previously that my ophthalmologist said
sardines are good for the eyes. I suppose we can all benefit from that.
Best wishes. MLB
Old October 30th 10, 10:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)" wrote in message
I have 22 tins of sardines, and 13, 25 pound bags of cheap clay litter.

As for disposing of litter pan solids, I use those plastic bags from
WalMart and tie the tops so the smell doesn't escape. They go right into
the trashcan.

I do the same thing, except that I have primarily plastic bags from the
grocery. My clumping litter is supposedly flushable, but I do not trust
that.

MaryL

Old November 2nd 10, 08:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kelly Greene[_4_]

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
On Oct 26, 11:19 pm, "Kelly Greene" wrote:

As for disposing of litter pan solids, I use those plastic bags from
WalMart
and tie the tops so the smell doesn't escape. They go right into the
trashcan.

I scoop clumps into a carrier bag then throw them in the kitchen bin-
they just go out with the household waste- once a week I dump the
contents of one tray (We have two) into a bin liner and seal that then
take it out seperately

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

__________________ =^..^=

I live out in the country so dump the litter out over the gardens. Now that
I'm using clumping litter there is little to toss out.

Old November 2nd 10, 08:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kelly Greene[_4_]

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)" wrote in message
I have 22 tins of sardines, and 13, 25 pound bags of cheap clay litter.

As for disposing of litter pan solids, I use those plastic bags from
WalMart and tie the tops so the smell doesn't escape. They go right into
the trashcan.

I do the same thing, except that I have primarily plastic bags from the
grocery. My clumping litter is supposedly flushable, but I do not trust
that.

MaryL

None of it is flushable the Septic tank cleaner man told me. The clay
litter can actually seal the drain lines. Clumping litter has been known to
clog pipes and drain lines. But none is safe to flush. It's best to
dispose of it some other way. That's why the solids (smelly) go out with
the trash and any litter we dispose of goes outside in the gardens or along
the fence out back. There is very little litter waste with the clumping
litter.