Ernie is interested....

Old November 6th 12, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default Ernie is interested....

After noticing that the laces on a pair of my tenny's was getting frayed
in a couple of places, I bought a new pair of laces at a local shop -
they are rainbow colored (fading from color to color along the length,
and either side of them are NOT the same i.e. if it is yellow on one
side of the lace, the other side of the lace is a different color).

As I sat on the sofa replacing the worn laces, I noticed Ernie watching
intently from the ottoman (footrest) where he had been napping. After I
had the new laces on, I dangled the old pair over his head, and he took
a few grabs at them, and then sniffed and nibbled them when they got
close enough to his face, but he was *not* going to get up off his comfy
spot and actually get some /exercise/ gasp...

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old November 6th 12, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

After noticing that the laces on a pair of my tenny's was getting frayed
in a couple of places, I bought a new pair of laces at a local shop -
they are rainbow colored (fading from color to color along the length,
and either side of them are NOT the same i.e. if it is yellow on one
side of the lace, the other side of the lace is a different color).

As I sat on the sofa replacing the worn laces, I noticed Ernie watching
intently from the ottoman (footrest) where he had been napping. After I
had the new laces on, I dangled the old pair over his head, and he took
a few grabs at them, and then sniffed and nibbled them when they got
close enough to his face, but he was *not* going to get up off his comfy
spot and actually get some /exercise/ gasp...

Hee hee, that's like Roxy. She would prefer to lie on her back on the
floor to play with string or other toys. If I try to entice her to chase
something, she will just lie there, paws extended, and wait for me to
come back to where *she* is. I don't know how she always knows that I
will. She can be a lazy little girl, but she's 14.5 years old so I've
been cutting her some slack.

--
Joyce

Fluffy Mackerel Pudding - "Once upon a time, the world was young and the
words 'mackerel' and 'pudding' existed far, far away from one another. One
day, that all changed. And then, whoever was responsible somehow thought
the word 'fluffy' would help." -- Hilarious recipes at: www.candyboots.com
Old November 8th 12, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 11/6/2012 5:04 PM, Bastette wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

[...]

I'm glad he was being lazy about it, and Ping wasn't in the room. Ping
likes to "help" with shoe laces, and my fingers bear the scars from it.