i got allocated a Macmillan nurse

Old February 21st 15, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default i got allocated a Macmillan nurse

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

jmcquown wrote:

She has me killfiled so she won't see this. I would certainly ask why
I'd been assigned such a nurse. If I don't understand something I
question the doctor. So many people seem to be afraid to question
doctors. I have no idea why.

Jill

I not only question, but ARGUE with him/her when I don't agree! It's MY
body, and MY life, so I won't take any medication unless I know what it
is supposed to do, what the side-effects can be, and what will happen if
I DON'T take it. Americans have become a nation of pill-takers as it
is - one of the more frightening effects being teen-age "pharm parties"
with the sometimes fatal results. (When I was a teen-ager, the family
medicine cabinet would only have yielded aspirin, Exlax, Milk of
Magnesia, Pepto Bismol, and maybe cod liver oil - nothing half-way
tempting, and we KNEW the effects of all of them.)

I'm not talking about medication that may unnecessary in my case, Evelyn.
It was "your neck is fractured and partially dislocated and if you don't
want to risk your C6/C7 fracture slipping (and be in a Christopher Reeve
situation) sign this consent form now"
It was a no-brainer. It's a pity he didn't have time to warn me about it
though. I've never totally forgiven him for that and I have told him so.
He didn't like it one bit.
I was almost in hysterics when the nurses came to take my blood "for your
operation in the morning" I felt sure they had me mixed up with someone
else, and I was going to get someone's else's operation.

and for Jill. You are out of the killfile. I only did it because I got
annoyed that you continually bring things up which are either not my fault
or that I have apologised for already.
Anyway, let's be friends again, eh?
If you mention Kitty Farmcat as a dire warning in any kind of outdoor/indoor
debate again, you'll be back in the bin though.
I should have had her put down myself when I went into hospital - she was 25
years old, confused and stayed in the house. when I was gone, wandered out
looking for me and got snatched by the RSPCA. It took me weeks to find out
what had happened to her. They gave her the needle of death.

Old February 21st 15, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mack A. Damia

On Sat, 21 Feb 2015 19:38:31 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I should have had her put down myself when I went into hospital - she was 25
years old, confused and stayed in the house. when I was gone, wandered out
looking for me and got snatched by the RSPCA. It took me weeks to find out
what had happened to her. They gave her the needle of death.

You ought to stop this childish nonsense with your killfile obsession.
It is unbecoming for a mature adult to engage in.

Old February 21st 15, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:

I'm reminded of when I was hospitalized for diverticulitis in 2008. In
post discharge follow up visits the gastric surgeon kept pushing me,
telling me I'd wind up with an ostomy bag within three years if I didn't
let him cut out half my colon. Major surgery. On about the third visit
I said to him, "You *do* realize I don't have health insurance, right?"

Well, I've had a few attacks of diverticulitis, but once I learned that
I could no longer tolerate popcorn or sesame seeds, it remains "osis"
rather than "itis" (no painful attacks, no need for medication).
Fortunately, my doctors in California were less money hungry than in
many places, so they'd try the conservative approach, first.
Old February 22nd 15, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

and for Jill. You are out of the killfile. I only did it because I got
annoyed that you continually bring things up which are either not my fault
or that I have apologised for already.
Anyway, let's be friends again, eh?
If you mention Kitty Farmcat as a dire warning in any kind of outdoor/indoor
debate again, you'll be back in the bin though.

I try to stay away from the indoor/outdoor debate. We live in
completely different countries. The US is a vast place with predators
that the UK does not. If I blamed you somehow for what happened to KFC,
I apologize. I know you weren't even home at the time. Let us leave it
at that, okay?

Jill
Old February 22nd 15, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 5:08:20 PM UTC-5, Christina Websell wrote:
http://www.macmillan.org.uk/HowWeCan...rMtA od-lcAxQ

so I guess it might be bad news eh?

If you get a Macmillan nurse, it's probably serious.

Ok, I am confused. Why would they give you a Macmillan Nurse, when you haven't been diagnosed with cancer of any type? Or, at least been told that you have been diagnosed? Sounds like it is backwards to me - here you would be TOLD that you had CA, and then go through treatment.
Old February 23rd 15, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

and for Jill. You are out of the killfile. I only did it because I got
annoyed that you continually bring things up which are either not my
fault
or that I have apologised for already.
Anyway, let's be friends again, eh?
If you mention Kitty Farmcat as a dire warning in any kind of
outdoor/indoor
debate again, you'll be back in the bin though.

I try to stay away from the indoor/outdoor debate. We live in completely
different countries. The US is a vast place with predators that the UK
does not. If I blamed you somehow for what happened to KFC, I apologize.
I know you weren't even home at the time. Let us leave it at that, okay?

Jill

Yes. I accept your apology. I am always up for a friendly debate about the
cultural differences between the UK & the USA keeping cats. Emphasize
"friendly"
I so miss Joyce for that.
Don't mention sugar in Sheba again. I was wrong and I've said so twice.
Boyfie would like to have Sheba every day, it's premium yummy stuff. He only
gets it if he is ill and off his food when he had his dreadful operation.
He refused to eat at the vets, so they suggested I visit him. He ate his
food when I was there encouraging him, but the moment a nurse came into the
room he stopped.

He refused a litter box (as always) so they got an earth and leaves one
specially. He agreed to wee in it but he pooed in his bed every day. He
does not poo in a litter box. Never. Ever. Only dirty boys do that..
but if you are desperate use the bath..

Old February 23rd 15, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mishi" wrote in message
On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 5:08:20 PM UTC-5, Christina Websell wrote:
http://www.macmillan.org.uk/HowWeCan...rMtA od-lcAxQ

so I guess it might be bad news eh?

If you get a Macmillan nurse, it's probably serious.

Ok, I am confused. Why would they give you a Macmillan Nurse, when you
haven't been diagnosed with cancer of any type? Or, at least been told that
you have been diagnosed? Sounds like it is backwards to me - here you would
be TOLD that you had CA, and then go through treatment.
----
you have failed to follow since 2005 when i got ovarian cancer and now it's
popped up in my lung.

Old February 24th 15, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Mishi" wrote in message
On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 5:08:20 PM UTC-5, Christina Websell wrote:
http://www.macmillan.org.uk/HowWeCan...rMtA od-lcAxQ

so I guess it might be bad news eh?

If you get a Macmillan nurse, it's probably serious.

Ok, I am confused. Why would they give you a Macmillan Nurse, when you
haven't been diagnosed with cancer of any type? Or, at least been told that
you have been diagnosed? Sounds like it is backwards to me - here you would
be TOLD that you had CA, and then go through treatment.
----
you have failed to follow since 2005 when i got ovarian cancer and now it's
popped up in my lung.

~~~~~~~
It appears that I have also missed something, and now I am very concerned
for you. I knew about the ovarian cancer, but I did not know it has now
appeared in your lung. I thought you said that you had been told when you
had ovarian cancer that it would reoccur in 5 years, so you assumed that
this was based on that statement. Did I misunderstand? I have often heard
cancer patients say that they hope to remain cancer-free for 5 years. That
seems to be a hallmark of sorts. But I have never heard anyone say that it
*would* reoccur in 5 years (or any other time period). By contrast, I have
read about some patients who were given an approximate time frame.

I will keep you in my prayers. You have been through some terrible medical
issues, and I hope you continue to defeat all the prognosticators.

MaryL

Old February 24th 15, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
[...]

well, breaking my neck and back was difficult and I've not totally recovered
from that but hey add some cancer to the mix. I intend to be fine.
Eventually. I refused to die in 2005 and I have no intention of doing it
now.

Old February 24th 15, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Excellent. It is often said that a positive attitude is half the battle,
and I think it is true. You have already shown that you have the intent and
fortitude to do well.

MaryL

the nurse with an iron paw Jack Campin Cat anecdotes 3 December 12th 13 01:05 AM
[FTV] Nurse Cat Yowie Cat anecdotes 2 May 8th 10 03:04 AM
My nurse Ann Cat anecdotes 5 April 29th 08 09:51 PM
OT Is anyone here a nurse? Granby Cat anecdotes 55 February 19th 08 05:37 AM
Let's try a nurse [email protected] Cat anecdotes 8 April 8th 05 12:15 AM