UPDATE: Procedure

Old June 17th 05, 07:31 PM

Default UPDATE: Procedure

Thank you all for your purrs and concern; it means a lot to me.

Unfortunately, it was a nightmare.

The prep was truly awful, as many of you warned me. But it was not as
horrible as the colonoscopy.

I told them, several times, to make sure I was NOT conscious, and
would NOT remember anything.

Something went wrong.

I woke up during it, in excruciating pain.

I am very afraid of things like this. I woke up during my
tonsillectomy when I was 5, because they ran into problems and did not
give me enough anesthesia. It traumatized me for life. And now I am
traumatized again.

I don't know what went wrong. But something surely did.

I am still shaking and crying.

And they found a reddened area, and are doing biopsies.

I hate this year.

Purrs to all who need them.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old June 17th 05, 08:17 PM
jmcquown

[...]

{{{{{{{{{{Ginger-Lyn}}}}}}}} I'm sooooo sorry! I know a bit about not
getting enough anesthetic. When we lived in Thailand they yanked out 4 of
my remaining baby teeth to prepare me for getting braces when we returned
Stateside. I'm a complete and total wimp when it comes to getting shots in
my mouth. There's just something about a needle in the gums that freaks me
out. The oral surgeon shot me up with novacaine and then left me sitting
there for almost an hour. By the time he came back the stuff had pretty
much worn off. So when he came back and started yanking my teeth I could
feel every bit of it and I started yelling (as best as one can yell with a
hand in your mouth).

Jill

Old June 17th 05, 08:38 PM
Julie Cook

{{{{{Ginger-lyn}}}}} I am so very sorry that this has had to happen to
you! I had the procedure this past December and remember waking up at
some point during the procedure and the doctor telling me they were
almost finished. There was pain but fortunately I went right back to sleep.

I think that you should declare that your year is going to run from
birthday to birthday and therefore this year will be over in about 2
weeks. The cats are sending purrs and gentle headbutts to you and I'm
sending my best wishes.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old June 17th 05, 11:40 PM
Karen

Oh dear. I'm so sorry it was so awful. All we can do now is send soothing
purrs and prayers for the area to be nothing untreatable. (((((HUGS)))))

Old June 18th 05, 12:16 AM
SuzQ

I'm sorry! Purrs that you feel better soon.
Suz&Spicey

Old June 18th 05, 12:37 AM
Melissa Houle

wrote in message
news
[...]

Acck! I'm sorry it was such a horrible experience, Ginger-lyn. I hope the
reddened areas are minor, non-health threatening areas. Soothing purrs and
an electronic lollipop for you.

Melissa